Woke up this morning with my face breaking out

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I look like a 16 year old instead of 61! I don't know where these pimples came from but I don't like it one bit! A side effect I could definitely do without!
Char

Comments

• teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    breaking out
    my face broke out after i had chemo each time and they hurt. when i finished chemo a big pimple stayed on my jaw and it hurt bad it would not go away.i finally went to my dr about it he said it was infected and put me on a antbiotic and it got better but i still have a scar from it.

wishing you the best

teresa
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    I think we would all like to
    I think we would all like to return to our youth but wish that part could be left out.
    Sorry Char!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    jo jo said:

I think we would all like to return to our youth but wish that part could be left out.
    Sorry Char!

My face was pretty bad from
    My face was pretty bad from the taxol. it went away after I finished.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I break out too after chemo.
    I break out too after chemo. I've always had problem skin anyway, and I have an esthetician I started going to about 3 years ago who recommended a great product line that keeps my skin clear & smooth - I went to her last week & had a glycolic peel - which is a liquid/gel from fruit acids that stays on my skin for about 5-6 minutes, it penetrates the pores & is just like a little $30 miracle lol - I'm pampering myself & getting one every 2 weeks - the last thing I want is to be walking around all broke out AND bald!
  • cahjah75

I break out too after chemo.
    I break out too after chemo. I've always had problem skin anyway, and I have an esthetician I started going to about 3 years ago who recommended a great product line that keeps my skin clear & smooth - I went to her last week & had a glycolic peel - which is a liquid/gel from fruit acids that stays on my skin for about 5-6 minutes, it penetrates the pores & is just like a little $30 miracle lol - I'm pampering myself & getting one every 2 weeks - the last thing I want is to be walking around all broke out AND bald!

I hear you
    Heather my hair hasn't started falling out YET. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since chemo. I have a hairdresser appt Thursday. I'll have her just trim it unless the hair has started falling out. But my face is awful! I have about 7-8 large red bumps. Disgusting! I've had an esthetician do IPL treatments on my skin as I have Rosacea. I wonder what she would charge for the glycolic peel you had done. My face broke out post maternity both times and during menopause I did develop some adult acne but nothing like this )-: I just pray it goes away and doesn't get any worse.
    Char
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I hear you
    Heather my hair hasn't started falling out YET. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since chemo. I have a hairdresser appt Thursday. I'll have her just trim it unless the hair has started falling out. But my face is awful! I have about 7-8 large red bumps. Disgusting! I've had an esthetician do IPL treatments on my skin as I have Rosacea. I wonder what she would charge for the glycolic peel you had done. My face broke out post maternity both times and during menopause I did develop some adult acne but nothing like this )-: I just pray it goes away and doesn't get any worse.
    Char

Good idea on just t********
    Good idea on just trimming it - although mine's coming out it's just thinning -I'm not ready to shave it yet! For me, the hair's been the hardest part..although I am looking forward to smooth legs & armpits all the time... As for your skin, you may find that switching products during your chemo will help - I use glycolic acids on my skin - a glycolic cleanser, a gentle toner, an exfoliator in the morning, and a (i think it's about 2 or 3%) glycolic solution gel twice a day. And I've ALWAYS had problem skin - have tried every prescription acne treatment out there, proactiv, etc - the glycolics just work best for my skin - not only preventing pimples & getting rid of them - but also working on those fine lines, wrinkles, and large pores! I hope it doesn't get any worse for you either Char! Like we need crappy pimples on top of everything else!!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • cahjah75
    Today I went
    for my blood draw and the onco nurse told me the facial breakouts were from the steroids! I had really attacked one above my lip and had a bandaid on it )-: She told me about Domboro that can be made into a paste and put on the blemishes. I sure hope it works. I bought it at CVS and plan on using it tonight. My face looks like a raging hormonal teenager with really bad acne. This is one side effect I could have done without. At least nausea and diarrhea don't show!
    Char
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Today I went
    for my blood draw and the onco nurse told me the facial breakouts were from the steroids! I had really attacked one above my lip and had a bandaid on it )-: She told me about Domboro that can be made into a paste and put on the blemishes. I sure hope it works. I bought it at CVS and plan on using it tonight. My face looks like a raging hormonal teenager with really bad acne. This is one side effect I could have done without. At least nausea and diarrhea don't show!
    Char

I read this subject with
    I read this subject with great interest. I didn't brak out, but my skin is sooo oily. Come on, I'm 57 years old and supposed to be dry and wrinkly. I'm almost 5 months since the end of chemo so can't blame that. The Femara is the only thing I can put my finger on. Anyone have this?
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    jo jo said:

Sorry Char!

So sorry Char
    Jan

So sorry Char

Jan