And you guys wonder why I call her scary old woman!!

Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Today is my last normal day for a while. We will go to STL tomorrow morning and stay at my sons and do pre surgery prep there. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am the next morning. Lot better then getting up at 3 am and driving from here worrying about prep sharts for a damn 100 miles.

So the scary old woman says to me with a smile;

“I am making steak and baked potato for your LAST meal”

Now I am a little nervous about being sliced and diced, but damn >My Last Meal<.

We both just looked at each other after she said it and burst into much needed laughter.
You have to just love the fun involved with cancer.

Kerry

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    jajajajaja!
    jajajajaja!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hope it was good!
    Kerry,

Your wife sounds like fun. I want to wish you all the best with your surgery, + I look forward to your first post post-op. Take good care!
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Scary old woman
    Kerry...your "scary old woman" actually sounds like a jewel to me. You are so lucky to have her fixing your last meals :)

Good luck with your surgery. Keep in touch if you can because you are the cause of much happiness & laughter here and heaven knows we need loads of that.

-Pat
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Hysterical
    She is the best!

In all seriousness, my prayers are with you. I am sending you positive thoughts for the surgery. Kick this cancer in the proverbial a&@!

Kathy
  • AnneCan
    Kerry
    What did you call your wife when you were younger? She couldn't have been "scary old woman" then.
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    AnneCan said:

Kerry
    What did you call your wife when you were younger? She couldn't have been "scary old woman" then.

Darlin or Susie – (Stella when mad at her)
    See above
  • AnneCan
    Kerry S said:

Darlin or Susie – (Stella when mad at her)
    See above

Aahh!
    That's sweet!
  • Ginx525
    Ginx525 Member Posts: 16
    AnneCan said:

Aahh!
    That's sweet!

Scary Old Woman
    She sounds wonderful to me. You two sound like my parents! My Dad says every morning that he's gonna take Mom home so he can be mean to her...he just says it to pick on her. It always makes her smile. (He brings her a flower every morning and comes down and has coffee with her) :) I am sure she is a blessing to you as you are to her. Hope and praying everything goes well for you.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    good luck, kerry
    we're all rooting for ya! maybe that steak won't be your last meal ever, but maybe it will be your last steak! :(....:)

hope you have a very speedy recovery!

hugs,
    krista
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Kerry, you can't fool us anymore...
    She's about as scary as a newborn kitten. :)

Good luck with surgery. Here's to no sharting. :)

Love and Hugs,

Holly
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    you two guys are
    you two guys are keepers!

Where do you live? My mom from Granite City, I went to college in Jacksonville.

Speedy recovery!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Patteee said:

you two guys are
    you two guys are keepers!

Where do you live? My mom from Granite City, I went to college in Jacksonville.

Speedy recovery!

Keep the chin up bud,
    We got a lot more bullchittin' to do when ya get out. and tell that scary ole woman we all love her too...... :)...be safe and heres to gettin out quick........Buzz
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Kerry
    ...LO(very)L! You and your wife are the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery on Wednesday and a speedy recovery.
    ~Audrey
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Scary old woman
    I don't wonder why you call her scary old woman. I just wonder if when she talks about you, and I know she does, like a recurrent night mare, if she calls you the very scary old man.

If she has not scheduled a cruise for the day after your surgery I am thinking you are good to go.

Here is to you returning to good health.

Best wishes
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Scary old woman
    I don't wonder why you call her scary old woman. I just wonder if when she talks about you, and I know she does, like a recurrent night mare, if she calls you the very scary old man.

If she has not scheduled a cruise for the day after your surgery I am thinking you are good to go.

Here is to you returning to good health.

Best wishes

Funny
    Funny...hope you enjoyed that meal! Did you do the sniff test! lol Just in case she had other things on her mind!
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    LOL
    Good Luck with your surgery!!

I love that kind of sense of humor, perfect. Sometimes there is nothing funnier than making fun of heavy topics. Gallows humor.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    *grins*
    She sounds like the perfect match for you, Kerry!

Praying everything goes great for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Very funny, Kerry!
    Love your sense of humor and your wife sounds perfect for you! I used to live in St. Louis. It's a great place and I know you will be in good hands. Good luck with your surgery and get back on this board soon. You will be missed!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218
    pf78248 said:

Very funny, Kerry!
    Love your sense of humor and your wife sounds perfect for you! I used to live in St. Louis. It's a great place and I know you will be in good hands. Good luck with your surgery and get back on this board soon. You will be missed!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla

Hey Kerry
    YOu just better be thankin that scarey ole woman! She loves ya, man. Cause that's what we do for our honeys. Good luck with the surgery thing and get back on here soon and fill us with laughter again.
    Sandy