I actually forgot!

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just had to share this - it made me laugh so hard. Backstory is, my Dad has been very ill. Hospitalized, GI tube. He's home and my sister and I are caregivers. In trying to get organized, I said to my sister, I wish we had brought home the wash basin that he had in the hospital. I then said, I'm sure I have one at home, but I don't remember where it came from - Rolly's never been in the hospital.

I'll ever forget the look on my sister's face, she said 'Sue, YOU were in the hospital!' A moment passed and it struck me - oh, yeah BC! I feel like it haunts me like the boogieman, but I really, totally (momentarily) forgot. Maybe it's side effects, menopause, senility or stress, but it was great - and funny.

Sue

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Chemo Brain Maybe
    That's funny, but It's good to that you could forget for a moment.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Kat11 said:

Chemo Brain Maybe
    That's funny, but It's good to that you could forget for a moment.

That's funny!!
    Kinda nice to momentarily forget you ever had it ;)

Thanks for sharing.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Sounds like a step in the right direction not allowing cancer to inhabit your every thought, good for you. That said I am sorry to hear that your Dad is not well, my best to you and your family!

*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ RE
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    RE said:

:-)
    Sounds like a step in the right direction not allowing cancer to inhabit your every thought, good for you. That said I am sorry to hear that your Dad is not well, my best to you and your family!

*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ RE

Didn't it feel great to

Didn't it feel great to realize that you had actually forgotten about your hospital stay? I remember the first time that I went hours without thinking about cancer, and it was such a good feeling when I realized it.

Joyce