Who was your childhood idol?

13»

Comments

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747

AH, the old days
    As long as anyone continues to post here I will read it! I love this, it makes me feel happy!
    MM

Sir Paul
    As a 12-year-old, I absolutely adored Paul McCartney and the Beatles. Last night I actually got to see him in concert - 46 years later! What a thrill!!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    So many
    I loved Donny Osmond, The Monkees, Michael Landon (oh my!), Elvis.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    laurissa said:

So many
    I loved Donny Osmond, The Monkees, Michael Landon (oh my!), Elvis.

ooh I loved donny osmond, i
    ooh I loved donny osmond, i believe either he or keith partridge was my first celebrity crush at my 3 or 4 years of age! I LOVED the Donny & Marie show, and i also loved Davy Jones & The Monkees. All my friends get a kick out of the fact that The Monkees was my first concert - I'm a super rock/hard rock/heavy metal type fan & go to LOTS of crazy concerts - and I saw The Monkees live when I was in 5th grade when they did a reunion tour.
    I'm also a HUGE fan of Don Knotts, and still to this day love watching old Benny Hill shows!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

ooh I loved donny osmond, i
    ooh I loved donny osmond, i believe either he or keith partridge was my first celebrity crush at my 3 or 4 years of age! I LOVED the Donny & Marie show, and i also loved Davy Jones & The Monkees. All my friends get a kick out of the fact that The Monkees was my first concert - I'm a super rock/hard rock/heavy metal type fan & go to LOTS of crazy concerts - and I saw The Monkees live when I was in 5th grade when they did a reunion tour.
    I'm also a HUGE fan of Don Knotts, and still to this day love watching old Benny Hill shows!

I re-read these tonight (can't sleep - Decadron today) and laughed all over again.
    This is so cute, it really takes you back in time - sometimes further than others.
    Keep 'em coming!
    MM
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member

I re-read these tonight (can't sleep - Decadron today) and laughed all over again.
    This is so cute, it really takes you back in time - sometimes further than others.
    Keep 'em coming!
    MM

Marsha -
    Meeee too!! I was

Marsha -
    Meeee too!! I was up until about 3:00, woke up at 7 this morning - i had chemo yesterday & steroids...i'm a little bummed that they dont give me that energy boost that some of you get from them...just make me emotional and hard to fall asleep..i'm tired, but i close my eyes & just lay there!!
    I loved Bewitched & wanted soooo much to have magical powers like Samantha! I think all of my baby dolls when i was little were named after her! But alas, wiggle my nose, nothing...as I got older, probably around 3rd grade or so, Joan Jett became my idol. She sang rock & roll, she played a mean guitar, and she was like the only girl out thee at the time doing that. I still love her & her music!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    My third grade teacher. She
    My third grade teacher. She was creative and interesting and seemed to love anything I did. I invited her home to dinner and she showed up! My parents loved her too. She even came to my wedding. Teachers rock!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Pippi
    Have you read the Stieg Larsson novels (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.)? The protagonist, Lisabeth Salander, is an eccentric, rough-around-the edges character. The author said that he based her on Pippi Longstocking. There are 3 novels and they are all page-turners.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Pippi
    Have you read the Stieg Larsson novels (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.)? The protagonist, Lisabeth Salander, is an eccentric, rough-around-the edges character. The author said that he based her on Pippi Longstocking. There are 3 novels and they are all page-turners.

Scarlott O'Hara
    The first book I ever read was "Gone With The Wind". I really loved Scarlott. She was the ultimate survivor. I didn't approve of her selfishness but I loved the way she would pick herself up and keep going in the face of great adversity. Just like us! Over the years, I had to learn to be a little bit selfish. My nature is to put everyone else first...like a lot of other women raised in the 60s.

Roseann
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

My Mama
    My mother was awesome. I idolized her when I was little and adored her right up until the day she died. She was beautiful (at least to me), funny, strong, brave, and loved her family with utter devotion. She wasn't perfect, but I know that if I can manage to be half the woman she was I'll have done well. Gosh, I miss her!

Jenn

Awww Jen
    that is sooo sweet.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

Pippi

Wow - I had no idea
    how interesting, as you already know I idolized pippi longstocking and funny enough
    the last movie I saw and LOVED was the girl with the dragon tattoo!! I will see the second
    part this week - CAN'T wait!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Ayse
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    roseann4 said:

Scarlott O'Hara
    The first book I ever read was "Gone With The Wind". I really loved Scarlott. She was the ultimate survivor. I didn't approve of her selfishness but I loved the way she would pick herself up and keep going in the face of great adversity. Just like us! Over the years, I had to learn to be a little bit selfish. My nature is to put everyone else first...like a lot of other women raised in the 60s.

Roseann

Have to admit
    I read gone with the wind twice.... I didn't want it to end...hahha

And the movie, so it multiple times and could see it again ANY time!!

Ayse