Any special plans?

2»

Comments

• breezie
    breezie Member Posts: 22
    AnneCan said:

I love Quebec City!
    Quebec City is a favourite city of mine; I absolutely love it there. When I have been there, I feel like I am in Europe, without the expensive airfare. I hope you enjoy it!

Quebec City
    I've heard that and was hoping it was true....thanks for confirming. I live about 40 miles south of Montreal and they say it's very European but I think larger than Quebec City. Any suggestions on must see places or things to make sure to do?
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    breezie said:

Quebec City
    I've heard that and was hoping it was true....thanks for confirming. I live about 40 miles south of Montreal and they say it's very European but I think larger than Quebec City. Any suggestions on must see places or things to make sure to do?

Stay in the old part of the city
    The old part of Quebec City is gorgeous. I haven't been there in ~ 5 years, but the last time we went we stayed in a little inn right in "Old Quebec". We parked the car + never used it for the 5 days we were there - we just walked everywhere. At the inn, continental breakfast was provided every day (chocolate croissant + orange juice + coffee/tea). The restaurants were all fantastic, + there are lots of really old historic ones. One night we took a dinner cruise on the river + it was magical. In the old part of the city there is lots of street entertainment - buskers, musicians, artists etc. My husband + I went with our two daughters + we all loved it. I will ask my husband too, for more specifics - he has been there many more times than me.
  • breezie
    breezie Member Posts: 22
    AnneCan said:

Stay in the old part of the city
    The old part of Quebec City is gorgeous. I haven't been there in ~ 5 years, but the last time we went we stayed in a little inn right in "Old Quebec". We parked the car + never used it for the 5 days we were there - we just walked everywhere. At the inn, continental breakfast was provided every day (chocolate croissant + orange juice + coffee/tea). The restaurants were all fantastic, + there are lots of really old historic ones. One night we took a dinner cruise on the river + it was magical. In the old part of the city there is lots of street entertainment - buskers, musicians, artists etc. My husband + I went with our two daughters + we all loved it. I will ask my husband too, for more specifics - he has been there many more times than me.

old part
    I wanted to stay in the Old Part and found a really nice (historic) B&B but my friends were adamant on separate beds and a couple of bathrooms so we took two rooms at a Holiday Inn in Ste-Foy. It's suppose to be very close to the city center and there is shuttle service so we should be okay...just park the car and leave the driving to someone else. I'm a real foodie so I'm hoping they'll agree to one great meal a day. The hotel provides breakfast and figured lunch would be a snack but dinner at one of the cafes or historic restaurants would be heaven. Oh well, it's really all about the company so I'm flexible. Lucky for me my son lives in NYC and is also a foodie so visits there are always a culinary delight!!!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    breezie said:

old part
    I wanted to stay in the Old Part and found a really nice (historic) B&B but my friends were adamant on separate beds and a couple of bathrooms so we took two rooms at a Holiday Inn in Ste-Foy. It's suppose to be very close to the city center and there is shuttle service so we should be okay...just park the car and leave the driving to someone else. I'm a real foodie so I'm hoping they'll agree to one great meal a day. The hotel provides breakfast and figured lunch would be a snack but dinner at one of the cafes or historic restaurants would be heaven. Oh well, it's really all about the company so I'm flexible. Lucky for me my son lives in NYC and is also a foodie so visits there are always a culinary delight!!!

I don't think you can go wrong in Quebec City
    You are going to have a great time (you have no idea how jealous I am!) wherever you go in Quebec City. If you are a foodie, I think you will love it. We stayed in Ste-Foy one time as well; I can't remember which hotel. It was nice, too. You can look around + scope out where you would stay next time. I will definitely look forward to hearing your thoughts on QC after you visit. It is, to me, very different than any other North American City I have been to. Montreal is great too, but as you said, much larger. Quebec City has retained more of the small city, historic feel, although Montreal does have some old beautiful areas too. Bon Appetit!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Going to Busch Gardens,
    Going to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg with the kids. Gonna be a hot one. Hope my princess of a daughter doesn't melt.

lt means you feel much better
    isn't ?
    Have fun there!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    pepebcn said:

l got a nephew in Afganistan with the
    Spanish troops , they are mainly based in Herat area good luck to all of them!

Awesome
    Thank your nephew for me and let him know how much his service is appreciated. God Bless them and keep them safe.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Nothing special
    No specific plans, except for church on Sunday. Hoping to sleep in a bit tomorrow and just relax around home. I need that.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Awesome
    Thank your nephew for me and let him know how much his service is appreciated. God Bless them and keep them safe.

Kim

We got around 2000 guys there
    moving back in turns of 6 months!
    He is a career lieutenant 23 years old and believe me, it was his first destination after finishing the Military academy!
    Nightmares for every body!
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358

Going to Busch Gardens,
    Going to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg with the kids. Gonna be a hot one. Hope my princess of a daughter doesn't melt.

Sheri
    Good for You! Just a few days ago you were wondering if it would gett better and talking about throwing in the towel..now going to Busch Gardens with your family. That's the spirit girl!

Kathy
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Yes
    Jamming music with my buddies I met online 2 years ago. We are still playing and having fun. I think I have some recordings on the expressions page. Also getting peaches from the local farm. they've been incredible this year. I also have to pick tomatoes from our garden. I'll visit Mom how is a rehab center recovering from a fall, she loves the peaches and tomatoes. I also plan on lots of swimming since the summer is winding down and also cutting the lawn.
    Beats last weekend when I had a RFA done.
    You (and everyone) have fun too