Round and round we go

eric38
eric38 Member Posts: 583
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
They did find a small mass in my frontal lobe. The onc sent me to a nerological surgeon who looked at my MRI and said it is not consistent with a metastatic legion because there is absolutely no fluid or swelling around it. That is great news except that the neuro surgeon said it does not explain any of the symptoms I am having. So, the tumor is small and appears to be benign but I am still having unexplained symptoms. Eyesight disturbances, vertigo and dizziness. So, although the news is good it is also discouraging because I would like to get rid of these symptoms but no one has been able to find the problem. Basically, around and around we go with the cancer stuff but atleast it looks good although you can never tell with absolute certainty. I am going to have to have the tumor removed sometime around the first part of next week but the surgeon said there was no hurry except that they will not do a clinical study on somebody that has a tumor in their head. I am meeting with the surgeon again on mon. To discuss the operation. It's been a whirlwind today. I went to the onc who was almost positive that this was a metastatic legion to the surgeon to find out that there is a high probability that it is not. They even sent me to the eye doctor today who also found nothing that can explain my symptoms but I will say that they were right on top of their game. They got me into three different places at the last minute today.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it !

Eric

Comments

• lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Love you Eric!
    and hope you can get some relief from the round and round......and the rest of the story....and man, how tiring it gets eh?

all the best, Leslie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    News
    Well this sounds like good news about the finding, but sorry that they can't figure out what is going on with you symptom wise. Sounds like you have a wonderful team of doctors. Wishing and praying that all this can be figured out for you.

Kim
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hey Eric
    This sounds like good news; I hope they can figure out the cause of your symptoms too. It sounds like you have good care. Take good care!
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Hummmm...
    "Eyesight disturbances, vertigo, dizziness...hummmmm..any munchies with that???? LOL... Hey, sounds like great news to me!!! I am sure they will get to the bottom of these "other" symptoms and "Get r Done"...... I am just so happy you are getting answers...and good ones. I SOOO can't wait to see you in October!!! love ya my friend!!!

Jennie
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Eric- I have been having the
    Eric- I have been having the same problems! Is the vertigo positional with you? Does it come on, the spinning like when you look up and either on the right or the left? Mine is called benign positional vertigo and there is a fairly simple like treatment for it, I just had a second treatment on it today. The rehab doctor I am working with has cautioned me that it may be an issue I deal with for a long time, that CHEMO can disrupt the fluid and the sensory in the inner ear. Let me know.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    whirlwind is right
    Hi Eric,

Wow- you really did have a whirlwind of a day. I'm glad that the drs were able to move so quickly and get you in. Is cyberknife or gammaknife an option instead of regular surgery? If you haven't discussed that option, I definitely would if I were you.
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you and for all doctors and others involved in your care in this situation.

God bless and strengthen you~
    Lisa
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wow
    Well, Eric, that all sounds better than you thought, right? I'm praying the surgeon is on the money with this diagnosis! I would love that!

Stay strong!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    lisa42 said:

whirlwind is right
    Hi Eric,

Wow- you really did have a whirlwind of a day. I'm glad that the drs were able to move so quickly and get you in. Is cyberknife or gammaknife an option instead of regular surgery? If you haven't discussed that option, I definitely would if I were you.
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you and for all doctors and others involved in your care in this situation.

God bless and strengthen you~
    Lisa

Lisa
    It's A very small mass and does not appear to be cancerous so I don't think they feel the need to use any kind of gamma or cyberknife treatment.

Eric
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I hope
    I hope the surgeon is right.I hope they find out what is causing the dizzyness,and other problems.Good luck.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    karguy said:

I hope
    I hope the surgeon is right.I hope they find out what is causing the dizzyness,and other problems.Good luck.

The small mass may very well be a benign meningioma
    and is growing as some do causing motor skill issues...we have a young man in our church that has the same symptoms and has had it removed and is doing quite well. Most meningiomas are benign, and most never increase in size, approx 90%.......... but still most never grow to cause any issues. It seems yours is but it will be fixable as it was for our young man and you will do fine...Love to ya buddy......buzz
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Eric
    I'm pretty sure you'll do fine now. Thank goodness.
  • StockCar5
    StockCar5 Member Posts: 8
    Keep your chin up
    Hang in there. You will be fine.

Jim
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    StockCar5 said:

Keep your chin up
    Hang in there. You will be fine.

Jim

heh eric, hope you are
    heh eric, hope you are doing ok. hang in there.
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    hey, Eric
    I'm thinking like Buzz. hope, strength, and love to you.
    ~Audrey