Had a tiny wart...warning

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, I had a small wart next to my eye last year. Derm took it off and all's ok. About 6 months ago another small one developed under my eye. Once in a while I noticed it was in my field of view. O well, then stupid CA came along and I figured I would wait to get it removed. Then, sometime after 2nd chemo, I noticed it was...gone! Yeah me. Chemo did something for me.

So, I mentioned this to my onc today and did her eyes pop open. She said if you ever get another one, get it removed immediately. It's a bad one that it responded to chemo.

Just so ya know.

Cindy

Comments

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Wow!
    I will certainly keep that in mind. That's pretty scary! Glad you shared that one.

Thanks for the heads up,
    Edie
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    cookie97 said:

Wow!
    I will certainly keep that in mind. That's pretty scary! Glad you shared that one.

Thanks for the heads up,
    Edie

Thanks for the info. I
    Thanks for the info. I wonder what it was, keep an eye on it after chemo
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Wow that is very interesting
    Wow that is very interesting and scary. I'm glad chemo killed it..I have wondered if chemo for breast cancer would kill other cancers it they were present. Good to know Thank you for sharing that with us.
  • Snowkitty

Wow that is very interesting
    Wow that is very interesting and scary. I'm glad chemo killed it..I have wondered if chemo for breast cancer would kill other cancers it they were present. Good to know Thank you for sharing that with us.

I guess it was bad thing
    I guess it was bad thing that chemo killed it, though. Can't wrap my brain around that one. Have to think this through again.

Cindy
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    WOW Cindy...thats a little
    WOW Cindy...thats a little scary...glad the chemo took care of it! Still scary!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    meena1 said:

Thanks for the info. I
    Thanks for the info. I wonder what it was, keep an eye on it after chemo

That is very scary, but,
    That is very scary, but, great that the chemo got rid of it! Thanks for the information!
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Now I'm a little concerned.
    I had two finger warts that I couldn't ever get rid of with the usual over the counter stuff but they went away during chemo. I was happy that chemo seemed to do something "obvious" for me but as soon as the chemo was over, the warts came right back. I was a little depressed when they returned because I felt like they were reminding me that the cancer could also return. I mentioned to the nurse practitioner that my warts had come back but I don't think I ever mentioned it to the onc so I will see what she has to say. Maybe warts on the finger are different from warts on the face? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this info with us!

Hugs!!!
    Jamie
  • MerleBee
    MerleBee Member Posts: 49
    I wonder
    I did not have warts but I do have psorisis and it cleared up during my chemo. I believe that both warts and psorisis have some connectionto the immune system. I wonder if it has something to do with the jump start to the immune system from the Nulasta shot rather than the chemo...just a thought.

Unfortunately, the psorisis is coming back, only seconds after the chin wiskers...how is that right? :(
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    WHOA
    Good to know-yikes.
  • Snowkitty
    jamiegww said:

Now I'm a little concerned.
    I had two finger warts that I couldn't ever get rid of with the usual over the counter stuff but they went away during chemo. I was happy that chemo seemed to do something "obvious" for me but as soon as the chemo was over, the warts came right back. I was a little depressed when they returned because I felt like they were reminding me that the cancer could also return. I mentioned to the nurse practitioner that my warts had come back but I don't think I ever mentioned it to the onc so I will see what she has to say. Maybe warts on the finger are different from warts on the face? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this info with us!

Hugs!!!
    Jamie

I had a bunch of finger
    I had a bunch of finger warts. This is how I got rid of them. Put over the counter stuff on them and cover with a strip (narrow) of duct tape every day. Never left them uncovered. Looks silly, but I believe warts need oxygen and this starved them. They were gone in about 2 weeks. Of course this was before there tons of colors of duct tape. I only had the silver.

That was 3 years ago. They never came back.

cindy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jackiejhm said:

WHOA
    Good to know-yikes.

Seriously .. How interesting ... something to keep
    in the back of my mind .. Werid 0 rama

Vicki Sam