first appt. with Lymphedema center today..PET SCAN in 2 weeks

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
was measured for a sleeve, he said I would need to wear every day. It should be in next week. Then, he also scheduled 3 sessions next week to train me to do the manual lymph drainage. So, one more step in the process. The sleeve is just beige that is coming...then I will be anxious to order some from LymphedemaDivas ... I like their colorful sunburts and tatoo designs. If I have to wear a sleeve, it might as well make a statement! Have a PetScan schedule for the 31st, then following week #8 TAC and on to the rads after that....providing all good with the PetScan.
So far, with the reduction in T, rough side effects from a couple weeks ago have not returned...but I am only in day 2 since infusion....usually takes 4-5 for me to get bad...keeping my fingers crossed this time will be easier.

Comments

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Good luck with PET scan
    Glad your visit with doc. today was a good one. Well as good as can be expected and I'm glad to hear you're tolerating the meds. for now. I do hope that your PET scan comes back really, really, really good; with all the side effects you've had to deal with you deserve a break right now!!!
    I'll be right there in the machine with you; could be a little crowded but what the hey! It's lonely in there!

Prayers and good vibes coming your way,
    Edie
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    cookie97 said:

Good luck with PET scan
    Glad your visit with doc. today was a good one. Well as good as can be expected and I'm glad to hear you're tolerating the meds. for now. I do hope that your PET scan comes back really, really, really good; with all the side effects you've had to deal with you deserve a break right now!!!
    I'll be right there in the machine with you; could be a little crowded but what the hey! It's lonely in there!

Prayers and good vibes coming your way,
    Edie

thanks for good vibes
    I am a bit scared to do the PETscan, but also looking forward to it and getting it over with..........then the wait for results......see you in the tube!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cavediver said:

thanks for good vibes
    I am a bit scared to do the PETscan, but also looking forward to it and getting it over with..........then the wait for results......see you in the tube!

fingers and toes crossed!

fingers and toes crossed!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Glad you got
    a sleeve ordered. Ordering a designed one sounds great! I didn't have any side effects for the first couple of days either. I hope this time around is much better than your last round with the lowered T. I have my PET scan on Aug 23. I get my 2nd chemo the day you're having your PET scan. I will be very relieved if and when the dr tells me all is ok. Hang in there, you're almost done with chemo.
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Cavediver glad you got
    Cavediver glad you got fitted for your sleeve and i just want to tell ya good luck on your Pet Scan on the 31st ...just let us know the results when you get them.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    jo jo said:

Cavediver glad you got
    Cavediver glad you got fitted for your sleeve and i just want to tell ya good luck on your Pet Scan on the 31st ...just let us know the results when you get them.

We'll all be praying for the good news on the PET scan
    I got measured for a sleeve and glove this week too. My swelling is in my breast and along my ribs (where my drain was). But, I'll be flying twice in Sept. and both my PT and lymphedema spec. said I should ALWAYS wear the sleeve when I fly as a precaution. I had 23 lymph nodes removed, so I'll have to be careful forever.

Good luck--keep us posted.

Hugs, Renee