Happy but scared, only one treatment left.

Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I found out today that I only have 1 more herceptin treatment left. Port will be removed the day after this treatment. Now don't get me wrong I am happy it's over, But I am a bit scared to. It's like I will have been doing this for 14 month's and then it's over. It's like whats next. Kind of a crazy feeling.
Kathy

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I was having those same kind
    I was having those same kind of feelings in between chemo and rads, like I needed to be doing something. I still have until Dec before I am done with Herceptin.

Getting back to some kind of normal seems to the goal but how do we do that?

Sending hugs your way.

Donna
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

I was having those same kind
    I was having those same kind of feelings in between chemo and rads, like I needed to be doing something. I still have until Dec before I am done with Herceptin.

Getting back to some kind of normal seems to the goal but how do we do that?

Sending hugs your way.

Donna

Oh, Kathy, I so identify with your feelings
    I finished chemo in May, finished rads 2 weeks ago and had my port out today. Now what? What do I do now? My oncologist said this is so normal to feel this way. We've been so pro-active for months and months, fighting this fight and now there's nothing to do. What's our future? Who knows? Everyone thinks we should be jumping up and down right now. I guess we would be if we knew for sure that this was truly over. I'm planning on thinking positive, trying to really believe that I've licked this crappy disease and my life is about to turn around.

PM me if you want to do this with me. This is a tough place to be right now. Extremely emotional.

Hugs, Renee
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    missrenee said:

I finished chemo in May, finished rads 2 weeks ago and had my port out today. Now what? What do I do now? My oncologist said this is so normal to feel this way. We've been so pro-active for months and months, fighting this fight and now there's nothing to do. What's our future? Who knows? Everyone thinks we should be jumping up and down right now. I guess we would be if we knew for sure that this was truly over. I'm planning on thinking positive, trying to really believe that I've licked this crappy disease and my life is about to turn around.

PM me if you want to do this with me. This is a tough place to be right now. Extremely emotional.

Hugs, Renee

you recover. live a healthy
    you recover. live a healthy lifestyle, do happy things, live your life with the knowledge that you have done all you can do to beat this disease. one step at a time.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Joyious
    I finished treatments the end of July, and yes I am happy ,overflowing happy. I have been rediscovering places that I had been to tired to go to when on chemo. Thrift stores, flee markets, veggie/fruit stand. Another party this weekend. My son turns the big 9.
    I ate a Big Mac yesterday the first one in about a year, funny it sure didn't taste as good as it use to.
    Your everyday life is pro-active.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Joyious
    I finished treatments the end of July, and yes I am happy ,overflowing happy. I have been rediscovering places that I had been to tired to go to when on chemo. Thrift stores, flee markets, veggie/fruit stand. Another party this weekend. My son turns the big 9.
    I ate a Big Mac yesterday the first one in about a year, funny it sure didn't taste as good as it use to.
    Your everyday life is pro-active.

Good one, ms.sunshine!
    You're absolutely spot on--everyday life is pro-active. I like it--I'm gonna start thinking more like Ms.Sunshine!

Hugs, Renee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAH!
    SO VERY HAPPY for you that treatment is almost over......PAT YOURSELF on the back and say
    "job well done!" You deserve to toot your own horn......and if you won't, I will....."TOOT TOOT HONK HONK!

For what it's worth......YOU ARE NORMAL!!!! I believe everyone goes through this when our treatment ends.......I am 10 months out....I, too, had that "what do I do now?" My radiation oncologist and medical oncologist said that is a very, very normal reaction..Speaking from personal experience, I will tell you this....give it time....let all this sink in.....you have been fighting for your life for over a year..........It is yet another journey you are about to embark on..........and that is TAKING YOUR LIFE BACK...I struggled at first, as many of us do.....but slowly but surely, I reclaimed my life.....no, it's not the carefree life I had before "IT" came into my life, but it is a good life........I enjoy everyday. It just takes time........so allow yourself, slowly, to live again! There IS sunshine after the storm..
    Peace be with you
    Nancy