Fire Drill at Work Today

cookie97
cookie97 Member Posts: 200
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Man what a way to start the the morning; bells went off lights were flashing. Scared the begeezes outta me! I've been thinking about getting my exercise program going again, but come on 34 flights of stairs! I wasn't ready for that. Besides being too darn hot, my legs just don't have the stamina for this right now. At least I got to take the elevator back up.

Just thought I'd share the joy today.

Sending positive vibes to all,
Edie

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Couple of things
    First: wow. Big difference between thinking to self "I need to get some exercise" and the reality of going down 34 floors. Whoa.

Second thought: Just cracks me up, this global world -- you've had a fire drill at work and I'm still tucked in bed with my computer. Here in California it's 7 a.m.

Yikes -- 7 a.m.!!! Gotta shower, get ready for work and hope we don't have a fire drill!!!!!

Hope your legs recover:)

xo
    Victoria
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    At least there was gravity
    At least there was gravity to help going down but 34 flights!? I don't like heights. Yikes. Just glad it was a drill.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Marcia527 said:

At least there was gravity
    At least there was gravity to help going down but 34 flights!? I don't like heights. Yikes. Just glad it was a drill.

LOL!
    I'm sorry, what a mess that had to of been!! I'm laughing at your expense, and I can't help it. Slap me, please!!! (ps--34 flights is quite a ways to run, but you did it, and I think you deserve the biggest latte' you can find!!!)
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    survives said:

LOL!
    I'm sorry, what a mess that had to of been!! I'm laughing at your expense, and I can't help it. Slap me, please!!! (ps--34 flights is quite a ways to run, but you did it, and I think you deserve the biggest latte' you can find!!!)

34 floors
    How bout a cold beer instead? As Jimmy Buffet so eloquently put it; it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
    Yes rubber legs and all made the 34 flights.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cookie97 said:

34 floors
    How bout a cold beer instead? As Jimmy Buffet so eloquently put it; it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
    Yes rubber legs and all made the 34 flights.

yes but you did it!!!!!!

yes but you did it!!!!!!
  • carkris said:

yes but you did it!!!!!!

yes but you did it!!!!!!

Ugh...
    I've been trying to walk a few miles a day...but good grief...34 floors? ACK!

I would have been holding on to the hand rail and telling people to just pass me on the left.

Does this mean you have a month to go into training for the next drill?
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Ugh...
    I've been trying to walk a few miles a day...but good grief...34 floors? ACK!

I would have been holding on to the hand rail and telling people to just pass me on the left.

Does this mean you have a month to go into training for the next drill?

C'mon Edie feel the burn
    You know the first lady has a program titled "Let's Get Moving" so maybe the boss decided to incorporate this into the employee benefits. Darn I think that would have pi$$ed me off, 34 flights just to see how fast we could move.

I don't know why but when you said fire drill I immediately thought of 911.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

C'mon Edie feel the burn
    You know the first lady has a program titled "Let's Get Moving" so maybe the boss decided to incorporate this into the employee benefits. Darn I think that would have pi$$ed me off, 34 flights just to see how fast we could move.

I don't know why but when you said fire drill I immediately thought of 911.

2 beers!
    Edie,

After that, why stop with just on beer?? You earned both of them!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Edie,
    34 FLIGHT OF STAIRS! You deserve as many iced cold beers that you want.