In search of Lympedema pump

Yvette39
Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm trying to find a lymphedema pump for my left arm. Insurance is denying the pump and my physical therapist says I need one. You have to love the insurance companies. I need at least 6 hoses if not more to pump the fluid up my arm. If anyone has information for me on this please let me know. I tried craig's list and there was nothing. I hope I will have more luck on here. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    While even I am lymphedema patient for 1 year now
    I do not have information about pump. My lymphedema therapist believes that manual drainage and wrapping are the most effective ways to keep it under control.
    Sorry, I cannot help.
    Good luck,
    new Flower
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I also have
    lymphedema but have not heard of a pump. My PT has taught my husband how to use massage for manual drainage. I can also do it but prefer to have him doing it for me. I also use a compression sleeve when I need to. Good luck in your search.

Hugs
  • Yvette39
    Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I have been taught to do the message therapy at home by my therapist but unfortunately I have a lot of fluid and need a pump to try to remove it faster for relief. I have 3 compression sleeves and 3 hand compression gloves.
  • Yvette39
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I have been taught to do the message therapy at home by my therapist but unfortunately I have a lot of fluid and need a pump to try to remove it faster for relief. I have 3 compression sleeves and 3 hand compression gloves.
  • Yvette39
  • calvertcrafts
    calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
    Yvette39 said:

Pump
    Did you try freecycle in your area? You also might try E-bay. Just a few suggestions. Good luck.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member

Pump
    Did you try freecycle in your area? You also might try E-bay. Just a few suggestions. Good luck.

EBay?
    I also have lymphedema but it is controlled with the sleeve and gauntlet and manual drainage massage. Have you tried googling?. When I was looking for surgical supply companies online that sold the sleeves, I went to the manufacturers of the sleeves websites and googled the item leading to a list of places that supply them both online and locally. Have you contacted the National Lymphedema Association? Perhaps they could be helpful in finding the pump for you.
    Hugs,K