Zometa UGH

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
ok I just need my dose of sympathy. I had zometa on friday, I will receive it twice a year, and for others who I have talked to about it, the stat is 36 percent. anyway, I was actually warned I could feel flu like. so I have been taking tylenol, but I still feel feverish, body aches, headache. I had similar more intense reactions to chemo, big D is back, some nausea, I felt like I was going to faint. My body does not like this. The good news is, it should go away in a couple of days, I planned this so it would not interfere with a trip I am taking, and the next doses are supposed to be better. I may take some advil later, if my stomach sorts out, or ativan for the nausea but I am uabashedly just looking for cyber hugs and attention. LOL. For those who dont know abut this, a study in the last couple of years came out, that it helps to decrease bone and distant mets by 36 percent. I will take it for three years, as long as I am well. the med will be given every six months. I hope you guys are ut having a good weekend, I am hoping to get out tomorrow for a beach walk.

Comments

• carkris
    oh yes am drinking fluids
    oh yes am drinking fluids and have big D meds on standby! As Gilda Radner said "its always something"
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    carkris said:

oh yes am drinking fluids
    oh yes am drinking fluids and have big D meds on standby! As Gilda Radner said "its always something"

MASSIVE>>>>
    HUGGGGGGGGGGG and best wishes - hope you feel better REAL SOON!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Did you get all of that?
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Did you get all of that?

Hugs

Donna
  • carkris

Did you get all of that?
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Did you get all of that?

Hugs

Donna

yes and thank you for
    yes and thank you for responding to my shameless ploy for your sympathy and hugs. hugs right back!!!! P.s. donna you and I were neck and neck with the big D, (great its back)_, I know your name meant something else but I always think of you my kindred spirit,(blown away in more ways than one) we got through though didnt we? LOL thanks guys.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    carkris said:

yes and thank you for
    yes and thank you for responding to my shameless ploy for your sympathy and hugs. hugs right back!!!! P.s. donna you and I were neck and neck with the big D, (great its back)_, I know your name meant something else but I always think of you my kindred spirit,(blown away in more ways than one) we got through though didnt we? LOL thanks guys.

We sure did and I'm giving
    We sure did and I'm giving you my shoulder to lean on if you need it, Dear friend.

Donna
  • carkris

We sure did and I'm giving
    We sure did and I'm giving you my shoulder to lean on if you need it, Dear friend.

Donna

ok i think i hear what I
    ok i think i hear what I want to hear. I thought i would be "flu like" meaning achy . didnt know I'd have a temp of 101 two hours after taking tylenol. good news , no hot flashes, bad news chills. I keep telling myself this too shall pass, but am tired of being ill. want to go go go, not lay lay lay. anyway done whining, glad I switched my appointment as I have things next weekend that I dont want to miss.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    And, from Joe Vs The
    And, from Joe Vs The Volcano..."It's always going to be something with you, isn't it?" LOL

Isn't this just the GREATEST place to come to get hugs and a listening ear and a big Awwwwwww when we need them???

I am so tired of hearing about "possible mild to moderate bone/joint pain" only to find out that getting hit by a freight train would probably be less painful with a quicker bounce-back time! :-)

I hope that by days end you will indeed have been able to take your beach walk~there is something so theraputic about having the taste of salt on your lips and smelling the ocean. I love it!!!

Feel better, Kindred Spirit!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    chenheart said:

And, from Joe Vs The
    And, from Joe Vs The Volcano..."It's always going to be something with you, isn't it?" LOL

Isn't this just the GREATEST place to come to get hugs and a listening ear and a big Awwwwwww when we need them???

I am so tired of hearing about "possible mild to moderate bone/joint pain" only to find out that getting hit by a freight train would probably be less painful with a quicker bounce-back time! :-)

I hope that by days end you will indeed have been able to take your beach walk~there is something so theraputic about having the taste of salt on your lips and smelling the ocean. I love it!!!

Feel better, Kindred Spirit!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

yes i feel like can
    yes i feel like can shamefully ask for my hugs here as everyone knows how we need them, and a sympathetic ear from thos that travel the same path. I am hoping the fever has gone, we will see if I spike tonight, but am hoping to take that walk this afternoon. its so peaceful and pretty
    I am shocked how annoyed I am, I feel like Alice's rabbit, 'no time, no time, I'm late...." just want to go and move forward and feel good. i guess I just want to feel good for as long as I can.... anyway hope everyone is having a great summer weekend!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    carkris said:

yes i feel like can
    yes i feel like can shamefully ask for my hugs here as everyone knows how we need them, and a sympathetic ear from thos that travel the same path. I am hoping the fever has gone, we will see if I spike tonight, but am hoping to take that walk this afternoon. its so peaceful and pretty
    I am shocked how annoyed I am, I feel like Alice's rabbit, 'no time, no time, I'm late...." just want to go and move forward and feel good. i guess I just want to feel good for as long as I can.... anyway hope everyone is having a great summer weekend!

Tuff stuff
    Zometa is tuff stuff, I get it once every 4 weeks. BUT...the first treatment was the worst, body and bone aches, fever, etc. Since that, not so bad. Just had my 7th dose on Friday - all is good. Sending positive thoughts. MM
  • carkris

Tuff stuff
    Zometa is tuff stuff, I get it once every 4 weeks. BUT...the first treatment was the worst, body and bone aches, fever, etc. Since that, not so bad. Just had my 7th dose on Friday - all is good. Sending positive thoughts. MM

thanks I felt better today,
    thanks I felt better today, fever this am but gone now, just some nausea. I looked at the info sheet again, fever check, big D check, nausea check, body/bone aches check, yep all of them, but it was short lived. Oh yeah and dizziness big time check. I have heard it gets better so thanks for that confirmation and thanks for letting me whine. You guys are great
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    carkris said:

thanks I felt better today,
    thanks I felt better today, fever this am but gone now, just some nausea. I looked at the info sheet again, fever check, big D check, nausea check, body/bone aches check, yep all of them, but it was short lived. Oh yeah and dizziness big time check. I have heard it gets better so thanks for that confirmation and thanks for letting me whine. You guys are great

Glad you are feeling better.
    Glad you are feeling better. Here's a big hug. Who ever writes the warnings about the side effects obviously has not taken the medication! xoxoxoxo
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    lynn1950 said:

Glad you are feeling better.
    Glad you are feeling better. Here's a big hug. Who ever writes the warnings about the side effects obviously has not taken the medication! xoxoxoxo

Penny
    I am glad that you are doing better. I got my Zoladex shot today at 3 and going to bed now.
    sending you a big hug!
    New Flower
  • carkris

Penny
    I am glad that you are doing better. I got my Zoladex shot today at 3 and going to bed now.
    sending you a big hug!
    New Flower

thanks new flower, MM how
    thanks new flower, MM how are you doing with the zometa? how long do you take it?
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    carkris said:

thanks new flower, MM how
    thanks new flower, MM how are you doing with the zometa? how long do you take it?

OK
    Just had it again Friday, all is OK. I probably shouldn't say that because it continues to cause aches and pains but you learn to tolerate them. My particular aches are in the ribs, the muscles around them, and sometimes my knees. My mets are in the ribs, spine, and pelvis. No idea how long it will continue - indefinitely. The best thing I can tell you though is that all of those spots are stable for now! If you can handle some of the discomfort, it does seem to have good results.
    Best wishes, MM
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    yes carkris you told me
    yes carkris you told me about the side effects I had. Course the chemo nurse didn't know about the possible SE. I was told my bones would ache. They felt like broken glass, muscles too. Fever, chills so deep in my bones...ohhh. I think the advil worked better for me. Course if ur tummy is already upset, maybe Tylenol would be better. Is this post making you feel better? If I was reading it, I think I would feel worse. Sorry carkris. I'm glad I had responses back like you and a few others, cause I thought something was seriouly wrong with me. Just keep thinking,36 percent, 36 percent. Hope it's not as bad for you this time. Hugging you softly, Katz
    P.S. I enlightened the nurses at the center, that in some people the SE may be worse than bone pain. She actually thanked me for telling her. She was surprised that it could be that bad.
  • carkris
    Katz77 said:

yes carkris you told me
    yes carkris you told me about the side effects I had. Course the chemo nurse didn't know about the possible SE. I was told my bones would ache. They felt like broken glass, muscles too. Fever, chills so deep in my bones...ohhh. I think the advil worked better for me. Course if ur tummy is already upset, maybe Tylenol would be better. Is this post making you feel better? If I was reading it, I think I would feel worse. Sorry carkris. I'm glad I had responses back like you and a few others, cause I thought something was seriouly wrong with me. Just keep thinking,36 percent, 36 percent. Hope it's not as bad for you this time. Hugging you softly, Katz
    P.S. I enlightened the nurses at the center, that in some people the SE may be worse than bone pain. She actually thanked me for telling her. She was surprised that it could be that bad.

I think we are always
    I think we are always teaching them, which is a good thing. I always tell them hoping it will help someone else. My nurse though experienced in another area was new to oncology. She is a love, and great with people and still learning. I was so sick she learned a ton on me!!! I will have this twice a year, it wasnt fun but it was shorter in duration than chemo!!! I am told the next ones arent as bad. I didnt do advil as my stomach was pretty upset, but I think the worst thing was the dizziness. dont know what came first, the stomach or the dizziness. anyway back to "normal" again. thanks to all. MM so glad its working!