Chemo after being sick

MomMichelle
MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to see. Scheduled for first chemo on Thursday. Had port in place on Friday. Had low grade fever before surgery. Have been battling temps up to 101 since Saturday night. We do not think it is port related because some symptoms were present before the surgery. On z-pack starting to day for possible sinusitis and strep throat (great way to spend last "normal" weekend). Do they give you chem when you are on antibiotics?
God's little way of making sure I don't try to plan too much and try to schedule the heck around the treatments. I so want to be done early enough in December to enjoy Christmas feeling a little like myself with my beautiful family!

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I don't know if they will do
    I don't know if they will do the treatment or not. I'm sure some one will be along that will know I just want to say I hope you are feeling better. And chemo is over before Christmas for you. Take care, Kay
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I don't know if they will do the treatment or not. I'm sure some one will be along that will know I just want to say I hope you are feeling better. And chemo is over before Christmas for you. Take care, Kay

not really sure but I do
    not really sure but I do know that I had fevers for the first three weeks of taxol, lasted until day before chemo, and they told me as long as my temp was less than 100 I was getting chemo. I hope you feel better
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    During my first chemo
    During my first chemo treatment it gave me a fever that put me in the hospital for 3 days cuz they dont really worry to much until it gets to 101.5 or higher. At least thats what i was told. Mine was 101.5 up to 103. You cant do chemo if you have a fever like this but if its below 101.5 im not sure either.
    I was on antibiotic a couple times before my chemo treatments so i know you can do that but it depends on how bad your sinusitis is before chemo...if its a severve case they may postpone chemo.
    I dont blame you for not wanting to have any delays in chemo so you can just get it over with as quick as you can. Sorry your going thru this ...lets hope theres no delays.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I didn't have chemo, but,
    I didn't have chemo, but, want to wish you good luck and to say I hope you feel better.

Hugs, Diane