2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Good for you, Traci. What a
    Good for you, Traci. What a lovely spirit you are. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Yes, let stop off and shop
    let's see .. we've done the hat thing, book thing ... what about sunglasses as a new shopping passion?

Vicki Sam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Traci
    I am so sorry that you had to walk alone. If I could have and lived closer,I would have walked with you in a heartbeat!
    I think you should try again next year-just ask way ahead of time maybe-hopefully your friends and family will see how important this is to you and will participate. After all-this is a celebration of you surviving!
    Being a volunteer is important and admirable for you to even think about it,but my opinion...you should walk again next year!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565

Traci
    I am so sorry that you had to walk alone. If I could have and lived closer,I would have walked with you in a heartbeat!
    I think you should try again next year-just ask way ahead of time maybe-hopefully your friends and family will see how important this is to you and will participate. After all-this is a celebration of you surviving!
    Being a volunteer is important and admirable for you to even think about it,but my opinion...you should walk again next year!!

I just read
    some of the other replies-should have done that earlier!!:-)
    What a GREAT idea for you all! Now I'm jealous...no not too...
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    So proud of you!
    Way to go Traci! Like someone else said, alot of people would have not walked if they didn't have a companion. You are a true warrior and a loving spirit!

I walked the survivor lap last Friday in our Relay for Life. It was very moving to say the least. I had my husband with me so I had company.... and of course my sisters in pink from this site were there, too!

Again, congratulations!

Patti
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    You are my role model....at least you should be!
    I did my first Making Strides last year and was just finishing chemo and really didn't feel too terribly bad, so I formed my own team. It consisted of my supporters from Jazzercise and several other family and friends. I think I ended up with 25 or so. It was along the beach so it was utterly like being on vacation.

Here's my plan, there are sooooo many of you CA girls that I feel a true connection with that I want to plan on flying in next year and meeting and walking with some of my most admired members. What do you think? I have only been to CA once and that was to San Francisco and along the coast to Santa Cruz. I thought it was breathtaking scenery and loved it.

P.S. Traci, just out of curosity, did you wear your tierra on the walk? You go girl!!!
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    Traci,I was thinking about
    Traci,

I was thinking about you all weekend and wanted to send you a private message, but didn't really know how. I think I need to add you as a friend, right? But then I was going to but thought...what if she doesn't want me as a friend :0. So I sat watching the board to see if you would post something saying that you were going to do the walk. For the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking about going to the walk, but forgot where it was at...I know I should have posted something...but also I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it and didn't want to commit. I am also very shy and still not sure what to expect in these walks.

I've just been very tired as I am still doing rads and pretty much sleeping weekends. My nephew was also out visiting for 3 weeks and just went home this past Sat. I know..excuses...excuses...excuses....

I do eventually plan to go to one of these events...let me know the next one and may be we can walk together.

One more thing to add: Congrats on completing the walk :)

Patty
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Congrats on completing you
    Congrats on completing you 5K. Hopefully you all can get together next year.

Hugs

Donna
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

You are my role model....at least you should be!
    I did my first Making Strides last year and was just finishing chemo and really didn't feel too terribly bad, so I formed my own team. It consisted of my supporters from Jazzercise and several other family and friends. I think I ended up with 25 or so. It was along the beach so it was utterly like being on vacation.

Here's my plan, there are sooooo many of you CA girls that I feel a true connection with that I want to plan on flying in next year and meeting and walking with some of my most admired members. What do you think? I have only been to CA once and that was to San Francisco and along the coast to Santa Cruz. I thought it was breathtaking scenery and loved it.

P.S. Traci, just out of curosity, did you wear your tierra on the walk? You go girl!!!

Welcome to the Hotel California...
    Claudia, I think we're gonna need to ask you to start looking for a nearby hotel that might be willing to give a good group rate to a bunch of wild breast cancer survivors next May -- we're so darn much fun, we've got people flying in from FLORIDA now!

PARTY AT CHEN'S NEXT YEAR!

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    TraciInLA said:

Welcome to the Hotel California...
    Claudia, I think we're gonna need to ask you to start looking for a nearby hotel that might be willing to give a good group rate to a bunch of wild breast cancer survivors next May -- we're so darn much fun, we've got people flying in from FLORIDA now!

PARTY AT CHEN'S NEXT YEAR!

:-) Traci

I had 15 spend the night
    I had 15 spend the night here last year....I think a hotel is not needed!!! WOOT WOOT!!!