Get your walking shoes on ladies!

pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My husband and I are walking the survivors lap tonight at our Relay for Life. I will be taking you all with me so strap on those shoes and let's go!!

I ran into one of my radiation techs today and when we hugged, we both started to cry! She said that she and two of my other favorites will be there tonight, too, so I hope I see them!

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Patti

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Patti
    Have a great time tonight at the walk. It is a great experience.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    YAY! I walked for an hour
    YAY! I walked for an hour this morning, so my legs and feet are limbered up! LOL Have a great time, and thanks for taking us with you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Yippee
    I'm lacing up for the stroll tonight, thanks for taking us for the stroll with you we enjoy the fresh air!

❦ RE ❦
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I'll put my walking shoes
    I'll put my walking shoes on. They don't lace up. I have those that have elastic, like little bungie oords. Thanks for thinking of us.

Hugs

Donna
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

I'll put my walking shoes
    I'll put my walking shoes on. They don't lace up. I have those that have elastic, like little bungie oords. Thanks for thinking of us.

Hugs

Donna

Have my sneaks on and ready
    Have my sneaks on and ready to go----Enjoy
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    big smiles :)
    Big smile on my face right now! :) Have fun Patti!!
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169

Hold it!!
    Let me go brush my teeth!!! Cheeeeeeese! Thanks for taking us with! xoxo, Jackie
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Can i wear flip flops?

Can i wear flip flops?
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I'm ready
    I'm ready to go so thanks for taking us with you.

Hugs
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    ladyg said:

I'm ready
    I'm ready to go so thanks for taking us with you.

Hugs

What an experience!!
    Oh my, how emotional, uplifting and life affirming it was! There were over 250 survivor that walked the first lap. They gave us all goody bags, t-shirts, balloons and flags! There was an enormous tent for the survivors and provided water, fruit and dinner after the lap. Wow, I felt so cared for and loved!

I saw my radiation team from our cancer center there standing and applauding as we all walked by. I gave each of them a hug and def some tears were shed by them and me! They are amazing people!

I can't wait for next year....but wait, wouldn't it be great if there was no reason to have a Relay and that they actually find a cure??

Thanks for walking with me...it was very hot, but very much worth it!

Love to you all!

Patti
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    pattimc said:

What an experience!!
    Oh my, how emotional, uplifting and life affirming it was! There were over 250 survivor that walked the first lap. They gave us all goody bags, t-shirts, balloons and flags! There was an enormous tent for the survivors and provided water, fruit and dinner after the lap. Wow, I felt so cared for and loved!

I saw my radiation team from our cancer center there standing and applauding as we all walked by. I gave each of them a hug and def some tears were shed by them and me! They are amazing people!

I can't wait for next year....but wait, wouldn't it be great if there was no reason to have a Relay and that they actually find a cure??

Thanks for walking with me...it was very hot, but very much worth it!

Love to you all!

Patti

Patti, now I know why my
    Patti, now I know why my legs felt exercised this morning and why my heart is filled with thankfulness. We really do meet some very inspiring personalities on this site and you are one of them. Thanks for taking us ALL along.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Patti, now I know why my
    Patti, now I know why my legs felt exercised this morning and why my heart is filled with thankfulness. We really do meet some very inspiring personalities on this site and you are one of them. Thanks for taking us ALL along.

Patti, Thank you for sharing .. what a wonderful
    way to start my day .. Encouragement, joy and happiness!

Thank you and your husband for Walking ..

Vicki Sam
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Hope you had a great time
    Hope you had a great time Patti! Thanks for walking for all of us!