No rash this time

Kathleen808
Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,

I wanted to update you on **** and the reaction he had with his 26th treatment 1 month ago. To fill you in, in July, **** got a bad rash 2 days after Avastin and Folfori. The rash lasted almost 2 weeks and was mostly on his thighs. One doctor thought it was vasculitis. When I called Dr. Lenz's nurse she said they had not seen vasculitis with Folfori + Avastin. He only had Folfori for the next treament (2 weeks ago) and then again had Folfori + Avastin this past Tuesday. So far, no rash. They doctors said that they will usually challenge the drug at least one more time if there is a reaction.
I just wanted to fill you in in case anyone else comes up against something like this.

Aloha,
Kathleen

Comments

• Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Thanks for the info. It's
    Thanks for the info. It's always nice to get a heads up with the 'unexpected'.
    Erin
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Thanks for the update
    Thanks for the update Kathleen. How is **** handling the Folfori. I would like to know because of John's horrible reaction. I mean other than the rash. If you get a chance PM me please. Paula
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    So glad
    He has no rash. What a great man to help you set-up your classroom. I bet you are a fabulous teacher and all your students adore you.
    Hugs,
    Marie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    sfmarie said:

So glad
    He has no rash. What a great man to help you set-up your classroom. I bet you are a fabulous teacher and all your students adore you.
    Hugs,
    Marie

Good don't have this uncomfortable effect any more
    I will start with the same scheme next week and will appreciate any info about any other major side effect.
    thank you in advance.
    Pepe.
  • Kathleen808
    Hi folks
    Hi All,

**** unhooked a week ago from Folfori + Avastin. He has 2 small pieces of rash (I know that's not a medical term but it describes it well). They are only about the size of a quarter. Last time, a month ago, they were the size of an open hand. It really is not bothering him. We'll keep our eye on it.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    So glad
    I am so glad to hear that **** is tolerating the new chemo well. I hope he continues to enjoy his time out on the waves. I wish I was in Hawaii!!!

Amy
  • Kathleen808
    mom_2_3 said:

So glad
    I am so glad to hear that **** is tolerating the new chemo well. I hope he continues to enjoy his time out on the waves. I wish I was in Hawaii!!!

Amy

Thanks
    Thanks for your kind words Amy. You'd love Hawaii. Hope you're enjoying the outdoors where ever you are.

Aloha,
    Kathleen