Saw Oncologist about lump in armpit

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, things have been crazy. Just wanted to update you on my lump under my armpit. He says it's just my anatomy and now that I've had surgery, it's more pronounced. Good news but when I told him that I've been dizzy and had some nausea, he said, Oh that's not the Arimidex, probably your high blood pressure meds! This is what we all talk about when we say so many doctors are out of touch. The first two side effects that I saw concerning Arimidex were nausea and dizziness. Oh well sisters in pink, thank God for all of you and at least we know how we feel! :)
If anything gets worse or I really think there is a problem, thanks to all of you, I will demand something, but for now all is good.
Hugs,
Wanda

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    A Big Yippie
    Congratulations on the lump being "part of your new anatomy". I have often told my family that if I start growing a horn out of my forehead, don't think anything about it. Just meanness coming out, or too much radiation. Got to find humor in all of this. We will all hope the dizziness is just a blood pressure med adjustment. hugs, Judy
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Good news but keep a close
    Good news but keep a close eye on those side effects and if they get worse mention it again. Docs don't know everything. You know your body better than anyone.

Hugs

Donna
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    A big sigh of relief, that is great to hear Wanda. In regards to the dizziness after all my chemos I now get dizzy quite often (did before as well just more pronounced now). It got so bad that they sent me to physical therapy which did help a bit, had to do a lot of silly stuff but it was helpful.

Hugs,

RE
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Wanda
    Can relate to things being crazy! Glad you had that lump checked out and "all is good". Did you have a Sentinal Biopsy or any LN's removed? After my Lumpectomy I had a golf ball size lump and my surgeon explained it was fluid build-up from the removal. It would go down when the fluid figured out where to go, and it did.
    My Onc. always said to tell him everything I was experiencing, yet when I did, most of the time I heard "I've never heard of anyone having that reaction before". Go figure...
    Take Care
    ♥ Cat
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Cat64 said:

Wanda
    Can relate to things being crazy! Glad you had that lump checked out and "all is good". Did you have a Sentinal Biopsy or any LN's removed? After my Lumpectomy I had a golf ball size lump and my surgeon explained it was fluid build-up from the removal. It would go down when the fluid figured out where to go, and it did.
    My Onc. always said to tell him everything I was experiencing, yet when I did, most of the time I heard "I've never heard of anyone having that reaction before". Go figure...
    Take Care
    ♥ Cat

Good news Wanda
    Congratulation! Still I would keep monitoring your armpit.
    As for oncologist they never admit that what they prescribe can cause problems, it is always something else. I guess they like the phrase"never heard of this before", "Chemo did not cause..." So funny, like we went to resort which is called" medical oncologist office"
    Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Good news Wanda
    Congratulation! Still I would keep monitoring your armpit.
    As for oncologist they never admit that what they prescribe can cause problems, it is always something else. I guess they like the phrase"never heard of this before", "Chemo did not cause..." So funny, like we went to resort which is called" medical oncologist office"
    Hugs

you are so right. I went to
    you are so right. I went to a GI doc who ran all these tests and then said, "your Christmas is going to stink its the chemo and until thats done you wont feel better" onc kept and still says it wasnt the chemo, did I have some mysterious illness while receiving chemo and then it went away? What a coincidence! tomorrow I am having the first of my twice a year zometa, was told "oh just a 15 minute infusion" BS, thats not what I heard. why cant they be honest? What bugs me is when my PT or someone says to ask my onc, and I know he will just say "never heard of that" or whatever , its just frustrating. I think I am cranky because I dont want to go back to the chemo room and take a med and feel sick for the weekend. been there done that. More importantly So Happy for you lighthouse. one worry off your plate. (sorry for the rant)
  • Lighthouse_7
    Cat64 said:

Wanda
    Take Care
    ♥ Cat

yes cat
    I did have 8 LN's removed so I guess that's it? LOL
    Thanks.
  • Lighthouse_7

A Big Yippie
    Congratulations on the lump being "part of your new anatomy". I have often told my family that if I start growing a horn out of my forehead, don't think anything about it. Just meanness coming out, or too much radiation. Got to find humor in all of this. We will all hope the dizziness is just a blood pressure med adjustment. hugs, Judy

Thanks for making me laugh
    Judy........only thing is I've been on this medication for 3 years, oh welll, all is good.
    Thanks again!
  • Lighthouse_7
    carkris said:

you are so right. I went to
    you are so right. I went to a GI doc who ran all these tests and then said, "your Christmas is going to stink its the chemo and until thats done you wont feel better" onc kept and still says it wasnt the chemo, did I have some mysterious illness while receiving chemo and then it went away? What a coincidence! tomorrow I am having the first of my twice a year zometa, was told "oh just a 15 minute infusion" BS, thats not what I heard. why cant they be honest? What bugs me is when my PT or someone says to ask my onc, and I know he will just say "never heard of that" or whatever , its just frustrating. I think I am cranky because I dont want to go back to the chemo room and take a med and feel sick for the weekend. been there done that. More importantly So Happy for you lighthouse. one worry off your plate. (sorry for the rant)

so true huh
    carkris, we have all gone through the Never Heard of it, huh! What a funny way to go through our treatment and after care. You weren't cranky at all! I don't blame you at all for not wanting to feel sick for the weekend. Thanks to all of you for some validation!
    I hope it's not too bad this weekend.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hi Wanda,
    So glad the lump is just that. I'm lumpy too LOL. How does the Dr know the dizziness is not Arimedex? Especially since you are on your H-B Meds for so long with no side affects. I hope you are feeling better. Kay
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

A Big Yippie

Glad that the lump was
    Glad that the lump was finally designated as part of you, and, not something else. And, so glad that you went to the doctor from the start to find out! Smart lady!

Good luck to you!

Sue :)
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Wanda i totally agree with
    Wanda i totally agree with new flower.
    Just keep an eye on everything, but im so happy for you that your lump wasnt anything serious...YEAH!
  • Lighthouse_7

Hi Wanda,
    So glad the lump is just that. I'm lumpy too LOL. How does the Dr know the dizziness is not Arimedex? Especially since you are on your H-B Meds for so long with no side affects. I hope you are feeling better. Kay

Thanks
    Kay and jojo. You are all such good friends. Kay I don't think it is my BP meds at all, he just wanted me to blame anything but the Arimidex.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    RE said:

:-)
    A big sigh of relief, that is great to hear Wanda. In regards to the dizziness after all my chemos I now get dizzy quite often (did before as well just more pronounced now). It got so bad that they sent me to physical therapy which did help a bit, had to do a lot of silly stuff but it was helpful.

Hugs,

RE

This is good news! But,
    This is good news! But, like some of the others said, still keep an eye on yourself, and, let your doctor know if anything changes.

Hugs, Angie