Dental Implants

kakie
kakie Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yes, (Dental) lol. I have four titanium implants in my lower jaw. I have searched on line for info regarding chemo and the reaction, if any, with them. If you have experience with this or know someone who has had chemo with them...would love any info....Thanks Cathy

Comments

• Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Hi Kakie,
    Have your checked with your implant dentist to see if he has any info on that? Maybe some of his patients have gone thru chemo? Or your onc?

Hopefully someone here has already had that experience or a family member. Let us know, I'm curious too.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • kakie
    Skeezie said:

Hi Kakie,
    Have your checked with your implant dentist to see if he has any info on that? Maybe some of his patients have gone thru chemo? Or your onc?

Hopefully someone here has already had that experience or a family member. Let us know, I'm curious too.

Hugs, Judy :-)

Thanks Judy, I'm calling her
    Thanks Judy, I'm calling her today. I mentioned it to my ong...but he didn't say anything...I'll let you know what I find out. I'm sure there must be people with metal plates in their bodies or screws or something..that have had chemo! Anyway, Thanks for responding, Hugs Cathy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    kakie said:

Thanks Judy, I'm calling her
    Thanks Judy, I'm calling her today. I mentioned it to my ong...but he didn't say anything...I'll let you know what I find out. I'm sure there must be people with metal plates in their bodies or screws or something..that have had chemo! Anyway, Thanks for responding, Hugs Cathy

I havent heard anything
    I havent heard anything aboout them although, I know if you have to take zometa you need to check with a dentist.
  • kakie
    carkris said:

I havent heard anything
    I havent heard anything aboout them although, I know if you have to take zometa you need to check with a dentist.

Thank you Carkris...hug

Thank you Carkris...hug
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    kakie said:

Thank you Carkris...hug

Thank you Carkris...hug

Kakie .. First time I've heard this subject come up
    Please check with both Onc and dentist .. Also, please have your teeth cleaned, and filling taken care of before starting chemo ... Can't have dental work done, while on chemo .. I learned the hard way!

Vicki Sam
  • kakie
    VickiSam said:

Kakie .. First time I've heard this subject come up
    Please check with both Onc and dentist .. Also, please have your teeth cleaned, and filling taken care of before starting chemo ... Can't have dental work done, while on chemo .. I learned the hard way!

Vicki Sam

Thanks Sam, I have a lower
    Thanks Sam, I have a lower denture that snaps into those inplants. I have a feeling from all the info about Adriamycin side affects that I will not be wearing my lower teeth. Won't I be a beauty....LOL