Song Lyrics

Hubby
Hubby Member Posts: 325
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Someone else's thread brought to mind some song lyrics, and although I couldn't find that song, the chain of random thoughts going through my brain brought me to another song. Sometimes it's just one line or one verse of a song that is totally unrelated to anything that helps me through the day. Sometimes sad lyrics; sometimes happy. So here is the one that popped out today (song is really about South Africa, but whatever).

Julia Fordham - Happy Ever After

Don't ask me why I'm running out of laughter
There's tears in these eyes, not happy ever after
And I thought it was plain to see
And I thought the whole world could be
And I thought we'd be happy ever after.

You could say that I'm living in a pipe dream
It's just looking back, things are never what they seem
And I hope I can safely say
And I hope most things go my way
And I hope they'll be happy ever after.

Comments

• starseed
    starseed Member Posts: 62
    Oh sure
    make me go to itunes to see if I can find it....LOL

Starts out sad--
    reads to me that it ends on a somewhat positive vein.
  • Hubby
    As my 13 y.o. son would say about replying to my own post "That's sketchy", but I kind of want to hear what lyrics are getting other people through this. Because somewhere, they briefly let me off the rollercoaster I was on and informed my that I need to run a marathon, but my only real purpose to running this marathon is to make sure my wife gets to the finish line, and along the way I may need to get on other rollercoasters, or the Tower of Terror. This marathon takes is taking a toll on me; no good news, bad news, any news; just the grind of getting through this. So someone else must be using songs to help them through.

Bob
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Well...I listened to Piano
    Well...I listened to Piano Rain during treatment because it was soothing with just piano and rain sounds. But if you want something to get you motivated I like Queen's Greastest Hits.
  • starseed
    Hubby said:

As my 13 y.o. son would say about replying to my own post "That's sketchy", but I kind of want to hear what lyrics are getting other people through this. Because somewhere, they briefly let me off the rollercoaster I was on and informed my that I need to run a marathon, but my only real purpose to running this marathon is to make sure my wife gets to the finish line, and along the way I may need to get on other rollercoasters, or the Tower of Terror. This marathon takes is taking a toll on me; no good news, bad news, any news; just the grind of getting through this. So someone else must be using songs to help them through.

Bob

Tunes
    I have a cd called "Ascension to Tibet" that I
    listen to while I'm doing my Tai Chi and when I go into relaxation mode I listen to a cd
    called "Music to Inspire positive thinking".There's no lyrics, but the music works for me.
    My collection on my ipod that I sing along with is a mish mash of old rock, new rock,alternative, ballads etc, but they really get me going...and I never get tired of hearing them. Gavin Rossdale has a song called "Love remains the same" that I really like.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Well...I listened to Piano
    Well...I listened to Piano Rain during treatment because it was soothing with just piano and rain sounds. But if you want something to get you motivated I like Queen's Greastest Hits.

My favorite is Stand by
    My favorite is Stand by rascal Flats it is a song about being on your knees and having the strength to stand. it speaks to me about grit and determination. I like the Power of love by the late Luther Vandross, I have a big mix of songs on my Ipod, classic rock to lady gaga, just downloaded some gospel. It depends on my mood and what I am using it for.
  • starseed
    Hubby said:

Bob

This came
    via my ipod when I was on my way to radiation..it's a song by
    Dave Cook--he may have been an American Idol person, but the song
    of his I have is called "Time of my life".
    It's a good one.
  • Hubby
    carkris said:

My favorite is Stand by
    My favorite is Stand by rascal Flats it is a song about being on your knees and having the strength to stand. it speaks to me about grit and determination. I like the Power of love by the late Luther Vandross, I have a big mix of songs on my Ipod, classic rock to lady gaga, just downloaded some gospel. It depends on my mood and what I am using it for.

Stand
    That's pretty intense; I like it.

You feel like a candle in a hurricane
    Just like a picture with a broken frame
    Alone and helpless, like you've lost your fight
    But you'll be alright, you'll be alright...

On your knees you look up
    Decide you've had enough
    You get mad, you get strong
    Wipe your hands, shake it off
    Then you stand, yeah, then you stand