Started Rads

tat2granny
tat2granny Member Posts: 77
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So sorry I haven't gotten on here in a long time. Just got started my rads the other day. So far so good! Feeling good and praying that this goes fast so I can get on with my life. It seems like forever since my dx. But I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel! How has everyone been?

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Hi!
    HI! I haven't seen you on here in a long time and prayed that you were ok. Glad to see you posting!

Good luck with rads! I am glad that they are going so well for you!

Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Soon, we will be celebrating you as a Rad Grad!

Sue :)
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Great to hear
    your holding up. Will be keeping you in prayer!

Drink lots of water :)

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    sea60 said:

Great to hear

Blessings,

Sylvia

Good to hear from you. Rads
    Good to hear from you. Rads was not bad for me. If you use your creams as directed and stay hydrated you shoild do well. I know it seems like such a long time, ( I had 33 ) but it goes by before you know it. Best of Luck.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi tat2
    Rads is not too bad. I had about a week of a burn towards the last week. Whats new with you? How are you feeling?
  • Betsy13
    Betsy13 Member Posts: 185
    sleep...
    sleep and more sleep. Any time you start feeling tired, lay down and rest. If you fall asleep, don't worry about it. Just sleep. I did this and never had a problem falling asleep at night.

Prayers for you!
    Betsy
  • tat2granny
    tat2granny Member Posts: 77
    Betsy13 said:

sleep...
    sleep and more sleep. Any time you start feeling tired, lay down and rest. If you fall asleep, don't worry about it. Just sleep. I did this and never had a problem falling asleep at night.

Prayers for you!
    Betsy

I have been doing so good
    You know I have been thru a lot since my dx.With LD dieing and me trying to get thru chemo without him, I have held up rather well! I drink plenty of water every day. I go thru about a gallon a day. And the tiredness is just setting in. But I lay down and just relax. I look at it this way, I have been thru alot and my body needs rest,,so I take the time for myself! I just tell myself that I am gonna win this fight and be the better for it. If there's one thing cancer has taught me, it's that time goes on, and I have to be forget about everyone else and take care of ME! Love you all and you have been there when I needed help and someone to listen when I needed to cry!!!! Thanks to all,,((((hugs and kisses)))
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

I have been doing so good
    You know I have been thru a lot since my dx.With LD dieing and me trying to get thru chemo without him, I have held up rather well! I drink plenty of water every day. I go thru about a gallon a day. And the tiredness is just setting in. But I lay down and just relax. I look at it this way, I have been thru alot and my body needs rest,,so I take the time for myself! I just tell myself that I am gonna win this fight and be the better for it. If there's one thing cancer has taught me, it's that time goes on, and I have to be forget about everyone else and take care of ME! Love you all and you have been there when I needed help and someone to listen when I needed to cry!!!! Thanks to all,,((((hugs and kisses)))

Good luck with rads!
    Your attitude is so good! And, you rest when you need to.

You come first!

Hugs, Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sea60 said:

Great to hear

Blessings,

Sylvia

Glad rads are going well for
    Glad rads are going well for you! Keep your creams on and get lots of rest!

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    DebbyM said:

Good luck with rads!
    Your attitude is so good! And, you rest when you need to.

You come first!

Hugs, Debby

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with the rest of your rads! Praying that all goes well for you!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Betsy13 said:

sleep...

Prayers for you!
    Betsy

How are you doing with rads?
    How are you doing with rads? Still ok? You will need extra sleep, just the going everyday will wear you out. So, get plenty of sleep.

Good luck,

Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Betsy13 said:

sleep...

Prayers for you!
    Betsy

Good luck with your rads!

Good luck with your rads!