How do you keep up with taking your pills?-

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wondering how others keep up with being sure they are 'current' with pills?

When I started Femara, I got a 10 supply from VA that day and then my 3 month supply came in the mail (gotten more months since). What I do is every Thursday after I take the last one in the bottle is to put 7 more in the bottle so if I forget - I can look and see the number.

Just wondering how ya'll handle being sure and/or have tips .

Susan

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    The way i handle them is by
    The way i handle them is by not taking them...hehe! No i take my Tamoxifen and thats it but when i have alot of pills to take...like after surgery...i usually dont have to worry about it for to long cuz i try and get off them asap....I just hate drugs and dont like taken them. But thats just me!!!
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    jo jo said:

The way i handle them is by
    The way i handle them is by not taking them...hehe! No i take my Tamoxifen and thats it but when i have alot of pills to take...like after surgery...i usually dont have to worry about it for to long cuz i try and get off them asap....I just hate drugs and dont like taken them. But thats just me!!!

Write 'em down!
    I kept a pad amd pen where I kept all my pills-Bathroom, kitchen...I wrote down every dose. I had to. It was way too easy to lose track. Some were every 2 hours, some were every 4 or 6 hours. EEEEEEk- write it down- keep a tally. Oh, and don't write it down 'til you actually swallow the pills!!! Been there, messed up! Best of luck! xoxo, Jackie
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    jackiejhm said:

Write 'em down!
    I kept a pad amd pen where I kept all my pills-Bathroom, kitchen...I wrote down every dose. I had to. It was way too easy to lose track. Some were every 2 hours, some were every 4 or 6 hours. EEEEEEk- write it down- keep a tally. Oh, and don't write it down 'til you actually swallow the pills!!! Been there, messed up! Best of luck! xoxo, Jackie

OH!
    Same with that stupid little Tamoxifen. Have to check it off. I guess I still have chemo brain=lol!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Get one of those plastic pill "holders" from the drugstore.....you can get a one week, two week, etc.....they are labled, M T W T F S S........fill it with your meds each week or every two weeks, depending on which you buy....That way you know if you took it that day......it can get very confusing! I used it during chemo when I had 10 different meds....made a world of difference!
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    MAJW said:

Get one of those plastic pill "holders" from the drugstore.....you can get a one week, two week, etc.....they are labled, M T W T F S S........fill it with your meds each week or every two weeks, depending on which you buy....That way you know if you took it that day......it can get very confusing! I used it during chemo when I had 10 different meds....made a world of difference!

pill holders
    i also use the pill holders to remember to take them it helps.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    labeled pilll holders
    I use the labeled pill holders to keep me from forgetting if I took my Arimidex, Gerd medication and allergy pill. I also mark my calender for two weeks before I need refills and call it in to the pharmacy or remind my doc that it is time for a new script.
    Hugs, K
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KayNYC said:

labeled pilll holders
    I use the labeled pill holders to keep me from forgetting if I took my Arimidex, Gerd medication and allergy pill. I also mark my calender for two weeks before I need refills and call it in to the pharmacy or remind my doc that it is time for a new script.
    Hugs, K

Heck ... I'm with JoJo .. The majority of my pills for pain
    sleep aid, etc ... etc.. I never took. Dumped them down the toilet .. However, what I found during my hazy days after surgery -- Post it .. on fridge or bathroom mirror indicating time and quantities .. that seems to helped me remember - due to being blonde, and having a touch of chemo brain.

Calendar writing also helped.

Vicki Sam
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Tracking pills
    Rague,

I kept a medication journal so that I could remember what I took and when. It did get confusing with the pain med, the nausea med, the vitamins, etc... I had a column for each one and underneath each name I put the time I took it. Hope it helps.