hi everyone.....

cejota
cejota Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to wish a grand "hello" to you all. I've been learning from you and listening to you for several months now. I found my lump at the end of October, 2009. Double mastectomy two days before I had 14 people for Thanksgiving dinner. Things flew really fast. It has been my grandma, mom, aunt, sister....so it was "when" and not "if". I think I'm the only triple negative. I find such sisterhood on this site that I could no longer be alone.....JoJo and her dancing boobs....I had to tell my husband, because I was at a baby shower on Friday and I was doing the dancing boobs.....still with expanders, but have great control! I have also recently called to join a survirors support group that is 9 weeks with the same women. It will begin in Sept. I have been strong, have had a lot of experience with this disease, but feel that I need support and understanding from my sisters out there......funny, I still feel so vulnerable.....I'm glad that I have shared with you......
my positive vibes and wishes to all.....and thank you.
CJ

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Hi and Welcome CJ! Glad
    Hi and Welcome CJ! Glad that you found us, though sorry for the reason.

You are right, we are a sisterhood, and, are here for you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Hi!!
    Hi CJ!!!
    Welcome :) We have alot in common, I'm also triple neg and had a double mastectomy 2 weeks ago.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    A warm welcome!
    We sure have talented boobs...I mean women LOL!

Glad you joined.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey CJ
    Welcome an glad you have started posting. This is a wonderful sight. I just wished that I had found it sooner. Lots of questions have been answered for me and I have really learned a lot. Hugs, Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey CJ
    Welcome an glad you have started posting. This is a wonderful sight. I just wished that I had found it sooner. Lots of questions have been answered for me and I have really learned a lot. Hugs, Jean

Welcome - CJ
    I am glad you've joined us. This site has save my sanity and valided my suspicions that the majority of we 'Breast Cancer' women have many questions for our Onc and doctors, and they don't always have the answer for us - which means they state findings from a clinical trial .. and I am by no means - a clinical trial.

Vicki Sam
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    VickiSam said:

Welcome - CJ
    I am glad you've joined us. This site has save my sanity and valided my suspicions that the majority of we 'Breast Cancer' women have many questions for our Onc and doctors, and they don't always have the answer for us - which means they state findings from a clinical trial .. and I am by no means - a clinical trial.

Vicki Sam

Hi CJ
    Just wanted to welcome you and say Hi. Glad you found this site, it's a great place for information, love, venting, you name it we are here for ya.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Kat11 said:

Hi CJ
    Just wanted to welcome you and say Hi. Glad you found this site, it's a great place for information, love, venting, you name it we are here for ya.

Hi
    Hi CJ, I'm Alison, diagnoses June 09, I too had triple negative, and had tram-flap recon. last Dec. Good luck and welcome!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Hi CJ, triple negative here, too
    Hi, CJ, like you and Heather and Alison, the cancer I had was triple negative. My one-year cancer-versary was last November 23. I'm glad also that you found this site, as we did. Thanks for posting. You're right about the support and understanding found here unfailingly, day or night. My best to you.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Welcome!
    So glad you found us and have been learning and enjoying the interactions of this wonderful group, and very glad you decided to say hello.

Let us know how you like your in person support group. Some of us have been thinking about adding that format to our arsenal of tools to fight the beast, and your experience could be enlightening.

Glad to meet you, but sorry for the reason you're here.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Welcome
    This is the place to be. Comes in handy when late at nite you can find a few on the site. So ur a "peeper". I was a peeper too. Glad you came to visit.
    What's ur cancer. You had a double. Does that mean both breasts had ca, or more preventive cause of fam history? Guess ur done with treatment. Boy I'm sure nosey tonight. Sorry. lol Sorry ur on this site, but as you know, great women( men too) and great support. Post anytime.
    Tracilyn has started a post about the funny things that have happened to you. MS has a funny wig story. It was classic husband not paying attention. Take care and positive energy to you. Katz
  • cejota
    cejota Member Posts: 24
    Katz77 said:

Welcome
    This is the place to be. Comes in handy when late at nite you can find a few on the site. So ur a "peeper". I was a peeper too. Glad you came to visit.
    What's ur cancer. You had a double. Does that mean both breasts had ca, or more preventive cause of fam history? Guess ur done with treatment. Boy I'm sure nosey tonight. Sorry. lol Sorry ur on this site, but as you know, great women( men too) and great support. Post anytime.
    Tracilyn has started a post about the funny things that have happened to you. MS has a funny wig story. It was classic husband not paying attention. Take care and positive energy to you. Katz

Hey Katz....
    My cancer was in one breast and elected to have the other removed....I always knew I would!Clear margins, I think 2 cm, stage 1, grade 3... Yes, I'm done with treatment, but am "expanding" and looking forward to getting these rock out!
    Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes. I hope I can be helpful and supportive to many people who find this great site!
    abrazos (hugs),
    cj