0 CLUB EXTENSION

BRONX52
BRONX52 Member Posts: 156
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
SIX MONTHS POST DAVINCI AND 2 MONTHS POST ADJUVANT RADIATION, MY DOC CALLED AND SAID MY PSA WAS STILL UNDETECTABLE!!!! VERY GOOD NEWS INDEED. SOMEONE MUST BE WATCHING OVER ME BUT I THINK ALL THE POSITIVE SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK FROM ALL WHO POST HERE ALSO PLAYS A PART. THANKS !!! AND IF GETTING A 3 MONTH EXTENSION IN THE ZERO CLUB WASN'T ENOUGH, THE VA CALLED ME A FEW HOURS AFTER THE DOC AND SAID MY AGENT ORANGE CLAIM (PROSTATE CANCER) HAD BEEN APPROVED. ALL IN ALL A PRETTY GOOD WEEKEND INDEED !!! THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!

Comments

• mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    Congrats to Bronx & Kongo!
    Just wanted to be one of the first to extend my congrats on the good news to both you and Kongo (as he posted in another thread). Sure hope this is the first of much more great news in the future!
    all the best.
    mrs pjd
  • BRONX52
    mrspjd said:

Congrats to Bronx & Kongo!
    Just wanted to be one of the first to extend my congrats on the good news to both you and Kongo (as he posted in another thread). Sure hope this is the first of much more great news in the future!
    all the best.
    mrs pjd

MRSPJD
    THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT !! BY THE WAY, HOW IS MR PJD DOING? HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL!
  • mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    BRONX52 said:

MRSPJD
    THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT !! BY THE WAY, HOW IS MR PJD DOING? HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL!

PJD
    At almost 3 months into triple ADT, no significant side effects to report and PSA, Testosterone, and DHT all continue to be decreasing as expected and responding well to the HT. Next 3 month Lupron shot in a few weeks. We know that side effects can become more pronounced after 4 months, so time will tell. Obviously we know this is not a cure, but it is good news and the intent was to use this HT tx as adjuvant therapy in conjunction with RT for his T3 locally advanced PCa. Radiation Therapy (exactly which combination is TBD--decisions, decsions!) is anticipated to begin soon. Bronx, thanks for asking.
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    mrspjd said:

PJD
    At almost 3 months into triple ADT, no significant side effects to report and PSA, Testosterone, and DHT all continue to be decreasing as expected and responding well to the HT. Next 3 month Lupron shot in a few weeks. We know that side effects can become more pronounced after 4 months, so time will tell. Obviously we know this is not a cure, but it is good news and the intent was to use this HT tx as adjuvant therapy in conjunction with RT for his T3 locally advanced PCa. Radiation Therapy (exactly which combination is TBD--decisions, decsions!) is anticipated to begin soon. Bronx, thanks for asking.

I wish your husband
    the best.

Hopefully one day we will meet........at a support group or lecture or wherever..........

Ira
  • hopeful and optimistic
    Bronx52
    Congratulatons.......by the way I grew up in Bronx 52, N.Y......could it be that we were neighbors?..........Ira
  • BRONX52

Bronx52
    Congratulatons.......by the way I grew up in Bronx 52, N.Y......could it be that we were neighbors?..........Ira

HOPEFUL
    ALTHOUGH FOR THE LAST 39 YEARS I HAVE LIVED IN HAWAII, I GREW UP IN THE BRONX ABOUT 5 BLOCKS FROM YANKEE STADIUM ON UNIVERSITY AVE. HOW ABOUT YOU
  • hopeful and optimistic
    BRONX52 said:

HOPEFUL
    ALTHOUGH FOR THE LAST 39 YEARS I HAVE LIVED IN HAWAII, I GREW UP IN THE BRONX ABOUT 5 BLOCKS FROM YANKEE STADIUM ON UNIVERSITY AVE. HOW ABOUT YOU

I lived on jesup ave, one of the street off of featherbed lane
    I also lived about 5 blocks from yankee stadium....I remember paying 2 dollars for a bleacher seat for the world series.......at the time I grew up the yankees and the "real" dodgers would regularly play world series games at yankee stadium.......I thought that where the world series was held.

I went to PS 82 which was I guess on McCombs Road next to University Avenue, next to the Park Plaza Movie Theatre.

Ira
  • BRONX52

I lived on jesup ave, one of the street off of featherbed lane
    I also lived about 5 blocks from yankee stadium....I remember paying 2 dollars for a bleacher seat for the world series.......at the time I grew up the yankees and the "real" dodgers would regularly play world series games at yankee stadium.......I thought that where the world series was held.

I went to PS 82 which was I guess on McCombs Road next to University Avenue, next to the Park Plaza Movie Theatre.

Ira

hopeful
    small world indeed !!! ps-73 was the closest public school to me. how is your treatment going--i believe you are doing the watchful waiting? how often do you have to be tested for psa? or other forms of diagnostics----dan
  • hopeful and optimistic
    BRONX52 said:

hopeful
    small world indeed !!! ps-73 was the closest public school to me. how is your treatment going--i believe you are doing the watchful waiting? how often do you have to be tested for psa? or other forms of diagnostics----dan

If I remember PS 73
    was just off 170th street.......it fed into Taft H.S. where I went...maybe I copied off of you.

I'm doing Active Surveillance at UCLA.....I recently entered an Active Surveillance program that they are doing there; it is research oriented.......basically in this program I do get a PSA semi-annually however it is secondary to a biopsy. Additonally there is a battery of blood and urine test that I have at every visit.

They have a state of the art biopsy machine that has guided three dimensional capability where they can go back to a previous core site......additionally in this program I get an MRI before the biopsy so they can determine suspicious sites to target....(that's the core of their program...they emphasize the biopsy to see what's happening with me).

For my second biopsy, the first one from them, they sampled 15 cores, 3 of which were targeted....none of the cores showed any cancer......(one of the cores showed no tissue sample, fortunately it was not one of the targeted ones....I had my pathology sent to John's Hopkins for a second opinion...maybe it will show up in their lab).

Shaloha,

Ira

PS

Active Surveillance
    Diagnosed 3/09 for 66 birthday
    By chance doc found a bump in the cavity , not on the prostate(which turned out to be non cancerous)
    PSA's had been at 2.26/2.27 for a few years
    Biopsy 3/09 Gleason 3+3=6 2 of 12 cores positive- 5 percent involvement in each
    second opinion john hopkins
    4/09 MRI(tesla 1.5) with spectroscopy, no nodule involvement, staged t1
    Aureon molecular test on biopsy, 97 percent chance will not progressin next 8 years
    PSA Jan 2.2, JUly 2.5, November 2.6, February 2010 2.0
    Entered in a research study for active surveillance at UCLA.
    PSA at UCLA, 5/24/10....different institution than had previously used (will go back to the other group that I had been going to better compare PSA's over time
    June 2010 ...MRI(tesla 3.0)
    June 2010.....Three dimensional targeted biopsy ( based on MRI and ultrasound ability from this biopsy)......15 cores of which 3 are targeted....no cancer found.
  • BRONX52
    mrspjd said:

PJD

MRSPJD
    GLAD TO HEAR THAT THINGS ARE PROGRESSING AS EXPECTED. AS YOU KNOW, I HAD T3 PC ALSO AND THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING OK. THOSE DECISIONS YOU SPEAK OF ARE REALLY TRYING ON OUR NERVES BUT THEY HAVE TO BE MADE. GIVE MY BEST TO MR PJD AND TELL HIM TO HANG IN THERE--GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER FOLLOW-ON TREATMENT YOU DECIDE ON---DAN