VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hope all is well ...

Vicki and your sisters in PINK

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    So far so good. Thank you
    So far so good. Thank you for asking Vicki Sam. yesterday I had my first back to somewhat normal days. I went swimming and took a walk, God did that feel good. My body has been sore and stiff from one year of inactivity. Swimming seemed to help.

I also spent a week in Greensboro, NC with my honey bunny Brooke. It was great to see her and to see how much she has grown since February. I returned home this past Tuesday. She really kept me on my toes and I realized that I had more energy than I thought I had.

I get a mammo on 8/12 and have a follow up with my onc in Sept. My hair is growing back slowly. It is quite short and very grey but it is really nice not to be wearing a wig or scarf. My eyelashes are back and so are my eyebrows. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes, and slowly getting back to normal. It feels good.

Late august I'll be going to Ohio for my nephews wedding. Cant wait to see my relatives and dance with my brother. The wedding was a great motivator for me during all this treatment and I so look forward to it.

I haven't posted lately but always check the boards when I am online. Hugs to you and all the pink sisters. :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    natly15 said:

So far so good. Thank you for asking Vicki Sam. yesterday I had my first back to somewhat normal days. I went swimming and took a walk, God did that feel good. My body has been sore and stiff from one year of inactivity. Swimming seemed to help.

I also spent a week in Greensboro, NC with my honey bunny Brooke. It was great to see her and to see how much she has grown since February. I returned home this past Tuesday. She really kept me on my toes and I realized that I had more energy than I thought I had.

I get a mammo on 8/12 and have a follow up with my onc in Sept. My hair is growing back slowly. It is quite short and very grey but it is really nice not to be wearing a wig or scarf. My eyelashes are back and so are my eyebrows. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes, and slowly getting back to normal. It feels good.

Late august I'll be going to Ohio for my nephews wedding. Cant wait to see my relatives and dance with my brother. The wedding was a great motivator for me during all this treatment and I so look forward to it.

I haven't posted lately but always check the boards when I am online. Hugs to you and all the pink sisters. :)

Thank you for the update .. And how wonderful that you
    are getting back to your life -- Before BC.

It is a true testiment, that there is life after breast cancer and all the black days spend in chemo, or rad's ..

Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Vicki Sam
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    natly15 said:

So glad to hear about happy days from you, Cousin Natly!
    I'm so glad to hear you're able to get back to enjoying life and your family. Girl, if you can keep up with Little Miss Toddler Brooke, you're DEFINITELY doing well!

Post some pictures when you can, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Big hug to you,

Traci

(I guess my invitation to the family wedding must've got lost in the mail? :-( )
  • natly15
    VickiSam said:

Thank you for the update .. And how wonderful that you
    are getting back to your life -- Before BC.

It is a true testiment, that there is life after breast cancer and all the black days spend in chemo, or rad's ..

Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Vicki Sam

There is life after BC. It
    There is life after BC. It dominated every waking moment this past year but I never let it dominate my spirit. Of course there were my down days and that emotional roller coaster I think we all experience to one degree or another. I do wonder if it will ever rear it's ugly head again, but I will not let that interfere with living life today and everyday joyfully the best I can. Like Chen says, "we do what we have to do , to do what we want to do".

I'm so grateful for this site and all you wonderful women and men. It has truly helped and blessed me during some of the darker and yes the lighter days. I've read that some gals are experiencing depression. I say do whatever you have to do to make this walk a bit easier. If it's counseling do it! If its antidepressants take them! If it's venting, vent all you want right here on these boards. We are all wounded healers and have walked in those shoes to one degree or another. There is understanding here that no family member or dear friend will ever understand unless they have walked this walk, or walked it with someone who walked the walk. Hugs
  • natly15
    TraciInLA said:

So glad to hear about happy days from you, Cousin Natly!
    I'm so glad to hear you're able to get back to enjoying life and your family. Girl, if you can keep up with Little Miss Toddler Brooke, you're DEFINITELY doing well!

Post some pictures when you can, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Big hug to you,

Traci

(I guess my invitation to the family wedding must've got lost in the mail? :-( )

Traci I LOVE your new
    Traci I LOVE your new photo!!! You look fantastic. You didnt get your invite? Damn I need to talk to the relatives. Remember if it doesn't arrive, I'll post photos to keep you in the wedding loop. :-()
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    natly15 said:

HAPPY DAYS.........
    So glad you had a wonderful time......Isn't Greensboro a nice place? Perhaps, since I live in G'boro, the next time you visit, we could meet for coffee.....Nothing like wee ones to raise our spirits........!

Nancy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MAJW said:

HAPPY DAYS.........
    So glad you had a wonderful time......Isn't Greensboro a nice place? Perhaps, since I live in G'boro, the next time you visit, we could meet for coffee.....Nothing like wee ones to raise our spirits........!

Nancy

Natly
    I am glad that you are doing well. I an swimming too, gives me great sense of control. Please in touch.
    Vicki, thanks for posting this question. I was thinking about Natly and her after treatment.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Natly
    I am glad that you are doing well. I an swimming too, gives me great sense of control. Please in touch.
    Vicki, thanks for posting this question. I was thinking about Natly and her after treatment.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

so glad to heart you are
    so glad to heart you are doing well.:)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Natly
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Great to read how well you
    Great to read how well you are doing now Natly. And, good luck with your mammo!

Hugs, Diane