PET scan

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 555 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
PET/CT coming up on Thursday morning and a severe case of scanxiety here. With CEA rising, there is a strong concern that something is going on. I alternate between angry, numb and face the honest news and deal with it ASAP. I will not get results next next week so the weekend promises to be one long wait. I try to make it useful and fun for the kids but my mind is never really there fully. I think that is why I like surfing. Your focus is so complete that you forget about everything else. No waves today so just too much time to think..
Chip

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Waiting is always the pits
    Sorry you have to be waiting and wondering about your results.

The full range of emotions takes each of us and wrings us out every time we have to play the waiting game.

Maybe for the days when there are no waves, you could get some DVD's of surfing with the greats...not as good as the real thing, but you can always spray some salt water on your face to at least try to get the effect!

Take care...hoping for the best news for you.

Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Chip
    I think I can honestly say I know exactly what you are talking about. Consider yourself in good company; I am in the waiting mode right now too. My CEA was rising, + I had a CT scan on July 16. I am still waiting for the results. My centre is very slow with scan results; it usually takes ~ 2 weeks. It is always a very stressful wait but this time it's even worse because I know my CEA was rising. I want to wish you good luck with your results. Hopefully we will both hear good news.
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Will
    continue to pray and send my all
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying
    Praying you get great results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying
    Praying you get great results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    purgatory
    Yes -- waiting for scan results is its own special purgatory -- truly awful.

I know you'll be doing everything you can and need to, to get through the weekend. I repeat the mantra I learned on this board "Feed the faith, fight the fear". Oh, and also watch very light-hearted DVDs!

We are with you.

Tara
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    keep checking for waves!
    Go for those waves when they come! It's important that we all find something that takes our mind off cancer and off ourselves.
    I'll be thinking of you- please let us know how it goes and come here to vent while you're waiting in the meantime, if needed.
    We've all been there- scanxiety is no fun.
    Hoping all is well,

Lisa
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    lisa42 said:

keep checking for waves!
    Go for those waves when they come! It's important that we all find something that takes our mind off cancer and off ourselves.
    I'll be thinking of you- please let us know how it goes and come here to vent while you're waiting in the meantime, if needed.
    We've all been there- scanxiety is no fun.
    Hoping all is well,

Lisa

Im waiting on PET results also. but ya know...
    Im not giving cancer anymore of my time except for what I have to...Its not taking away from me, my kids, or my wife. I refuse anymore to worry about something I have no control over. I will enjoy every moment be it in an Onc office or at the playground with the kids. I met 2 of the sweetest women at the Imagery center and actually enjoyed my visit there. I know it was for things I wish were not happening but to meet new people in the process is the plus I take away from every place I have to go for this. There is a positive in every moment Chip, we just have to sometimes strive to see it.....I hope that all things for you are positive from now on.......Love and Hope to you and yours.....Buzz
  • Holdtight
    Holdtight Member Posts: 151
    Buzzard said:

Im waiting on PET results also. but ya know...
    Im not giving cancer anymore of my time except for what I have to...Its not taking away from me, my kids, or my wife. I refuse anymore to worry about something I have no control over. I will enjoy every moment be it in an Onc office or at the playground with the kids. I met 2 of the sweetest women at the Imagery center and actually enjoyed my visit there. I know it was for things I wish were not happening but to meet new people in the process is the plus I take away from every place I have to go for this. There is a positive in every moment Chip, we just have to sometimes strive to see it.....I hope that all things for you are positive from now on.......Love and Hope to you and yours.....Buzz

HI!
    Buzz,

I am where you are today. It hasn't been easy but what else is there to do the only alternative would be to worry worry worry. And again worrying will make you sick especially if its out of our control. Its not going to get me down and where it wants me. I talk to people all the time now. Its my way of being happy in the day! That's exactly what the deamon wants to do. I go through each day like nothing ever happened and I put it completely out of my mind and focus on whats good. If it comes back I will handle it then but for now I'm appreciating everyday I've been given. I am also trying to train myself not to delay anything - because that's what cancer will do. It wants to stop us. It is that deamon who wants the best of me. I must say I was worried about my follow up PET - only for it to be okay - I got the all clear. See worrying for no reason. Well God Bless you Chip and keep the faity and Smile. Hugs