Stomach Problems

chriskaput
chriskaput Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I started my first of 12 weekly Taxol treatments last Monday. I completed 4 rounds of AC about 3 weeks ago. I felt pretty good until Thursday, then every day thereafter I have had stomach problems. I have been uncomfortable with mostly everyday but last night I was up with severe pain and discomfort with diarrhea. Has anyone else had stomach problems while on Taxol. I'm not sure if it is the chemo or my past ulcers starting up again from this stress!!

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Sorry to hear about the pain
    Sorry to hear about the pain you have been experiencing Chris. Please contact the clinic and let them know what you are going through. Let them know about your past medical history, if they do not know already.

Just so that you know...when I was undergoing chemo, I had severe constipation that lasted 4 days. My temperature started to rise. I called the clinic after the 3rd day only to find out I was taking the wrong over the counter aids. My husband went out and bought the stuff I was needing and sweet relief came several hours later.

Best of luck to you, Chris. Hang in there.
    BL
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sorry to hear about the pain
    Sorry to hear about the pain you have been experiencing Chris. Please contact the clinic and let them know what you are going through. Let them know about your past medical history, if they do not know already.

Just so that you know...when I was undergoing chemo, I had severe constipation that lasted 4 days. My temperature started to rise. I called the clinic after the 3rd day only to find out I was taking the wrong over the counter aids. My husband went out and bought the stuff I was needing and sweet relief came several hours later.

Best of luck to you, Chris. Hang in there.
    BL

I had major problems with my
    I had major problems with my stomach and had diahrea. I lost a ton of weight. when I ate it just didint feel good in my abdomen. It was witht he AC and continued. now it is much better.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    carkris said:

I had major problems with my
    I had major problems with my stomach and had diahrea. I lost a ton of weight. when I ate it just didint feel good in my abdomen. It was witht he AC and continued. now it is much better.

I had on and off problems
    I had on and off problems while on taxol. Diahrea is pretty common, however you should make you doctors aware of this. I did not have pain or anything, again call your doctor whenever your in dought.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    I had stomach problems
    I had stomach problems throughout chemo. Diarrhea and alot of gas pain. If I ever did go out on day trips with my daughter, she knew where every bathroom was for me. It's all gone now that chemo is done and it wasn't that bad considering what chemo does to our bodies.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Love,
    Wanda
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

I had stomach problems
    I had stomach problems throughout chemo. Diarrhea and alot of gas pain. If I ever did go out on day trips with my daughter, she knew where every bathroom was for me. It's all gone now that chemo is done and it wasn't that bad considering what chemo does to our bodies.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Love,
    Wanda

It's the AC
    Stomach issues, OMG!! I hurt so bad my legs would shake. The pain would put me on my knees. I thought I was dying. I felt like my inside were coming out. I was scared to eat, because I didn't want to have digestive problems. Did not matter what I ate or how much water I drank I would get constipated. I would have to use an enema for relief. Two days later I would have diareah. The stomach problems were agony, torturous for me.

AC kills the cells lining the digestive tract that is why there is pain and problems. Also it absorbs the lubrications in the digestive tract that makes digestion an easy natural process.
    I know I never ever want to feel that again.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

It's the AC
    Stomach issues, OMG!! I hurt so bad my legs would shake. The pain would put me on my knees. I thought I was dying. I felt like my inside were coming out. I was scared to eat, because I didn't want to have digestive problems. Did not matter what I ate or how much water I drank I would get constipated. I would have to use an enema for relief. Two days later I would have diareah. The stomach problems were agony, torturous for me.

AC kills the cells lining the digestive tract that is why there is pain and problems. Also it absorbs the lubrications in the digestive tract that makes digestion an easy natural process.
    I know I never ever want to feel that again.

Like Miss Bella Luna .. I had the opposite ..
    constipation, fevers and general stomach cramps for days. Contact your Onc .. Depleting your body of so much fluids is not a good thing.

I cried for days in bed, unable to move, with my consipation. Then when I did get relief, I had to soak in a bath tub, as my bum was raw .. for days! The agony was unbearable at times.

Vicki
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    oh yeah. I have diarrhea
    oh yeah. I have diarrhea for 2 days after chemo (Taxol), sometimes pretty bad. I also have a lot of gas, acid reflux and oesophogitis/mucositis going on. The diarrhea is getting pretty bad right now after 2 rounds of Taxol. My Onc. told me to first try something over the counter and if that didn't work he would prescribe something.

Be careful though, you don't want to get dehydrated from the diarrhea. I am sure you know to drink plenty. I hope it gets better for you.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

oh yeah. I have diarrhea
    oh yeah. I have diarrhea for 2 days after chemo (Taxol), sometimes pretty bad. I also have a lot of gas, acid reflux and oesophogitis/mucositis going on. The diarrhea is getting pretty bad right now after 2 rounds of Taxol. My Onc. told me to first try something over the counter and if that didn't work he would prescribe something.

Be careful though, you don't want to get dehydrated from the diarrhea. I am sure you know to drink plenty. I hope it gets better for you.

I tried to manage the
    I tried to manage the diahrea with small amounts of imodium and diet. It was difficult as the smallest amounts would affect me. I took benefiber every day, which you can take with constipation and diahrea. I drank enlive which is a clear liquid protein drink given in hospitals. I started to eat very little and developed a complex around it. also had to figure in pain meds as I developed a fissure which required surgery.that is still not completely healed. I am still on a strictish regime and take benefiber and miralax every day. when I took miralax on chemo I had diahrea for a week even on 1/8 the dose. now I can take a full dose. I was in the bathtub all the time. and lost 70 pounds now another 10. and stabilized. I eat very well now. but still dont feel well on rich foods. Things are getting so much better though. It is rare to have as many difficulties as I had. I had tests anf the GI doc said it was the chemo. The oncs said I must have had a preexisting condition. ?????? I say it was the chemo. The docs said most women know what works for them. I told them "I dont know my body on chemo" good thing I am getting back to normal.