Reporting In After A Month

creampuff91344
creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, we have been in Ruidoso, NM for just short of one month, and I wanted to let everyone know that the change in how feel has been wonderful. Living in East Texas has it's perks, but the summer heat has been horrible this year, leaving me listless, lathargic, and basically not getting out of the house in order to stay cool. (Heat really takes its toll on me since chemo.) Anyway, three and a half weeks in this high altitude and cool temps (mid 70's most days for a high temp) has really given me a spark. I can't say if it is the freedom to be able to get out and walk, breath lighter air, or just generally being mobile has made the difference, but I haven't slowed down once since being here. Looks like summers in Ruidoso are going to be a permanent part of my future. Just wanted to share. We return to East Texas the first week of September, so will see if this good feeling is actually the change in altitude, or maybe, just maybe, I am coming out of the chemo "funk" after two years. Hugs to all, Judy

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Judy
    Glad to hear you are doing so well!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your summer and hope that once you return home you will have the same energy and you are indeed out of your chemo "funk". Hugs, Jean
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Judy
    Glad to hear you are doing so well!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your summer and hope that once you return home you will have the same energy and you are indeed out of your chemo "funk". Hugs, Jean

Thanks
    Thsnk you, Jean. Every bit of relief is welcomed, and hopefully it will continue when I get back to the heat. If not, guess I will continue to use my exercise bike and treadmill, and just gaze outside when we get back to East Texas. Love both places, but if Ruidoso is where I feel the best, that's where we will be. Hugs, Judy
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Thanks
    Thsnk you, Jean. Every bit of relief is welcomed, and hopefully it will continue when I get back to the heat. If not, guess I will continue to use my exercise bike and treadmill, and just gaze outside when we get back to East Texas. Love both places, but if Ruidoso is where I feel the best, that's where we will be. Hugs, Judy

Hey Judy, I get what your
    Hey Judy, I get what your saying. I am having a ruff time with the heat. I don't know if it's the Tamoxifen or from the chemo. I live in the Ac.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Glad you were able to escape
    Glad you were able to escape the heat for a while and are doing so well.

Hugs

Donna
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    That's why it's summer in The Netherlands...
    So. California is sooooooo HOT!!!! And the air is so bad!!!!

Glad you got a recharge!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    KathiM said:

That's why it's summer in The Netherlands...
    So. California is sooooooo HOT!!!! And the air is so bad!!!!

Glad you got a recharge!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Hi Judy
    I am glad that you have been doing well. It is nice that you can spend summer in NM enjoying summer. Hot weather makes me tired too.
    Keep in touch,
    Hugs New Flower
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Hi Judy
    I am glad that you have been doing well. It is nice that you can spend summer in NM enjoying summer. Hot weather makes me tired too.
    Keep in touch,
    Hugs New Flower

so glad you are feeling
    so glad you are feeling better, hope its a permanant development!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good to hear from you, Judy.
    Good to hear from you, Judy. Even better to read that you are feeling great. Enjoy your time there and check in once in a while. Take care.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Coming out of the chemo
    Coming out of the chemo funk~ that is wonderful news! The summer heat can certainly be oppressive; and that you have found your spark is music to our ears! It is so encouraging to read that you are feeling chipper and getting out and about. Of course I hope that this is the beginning of your active Life After Cancer, and that you will only feel better and better! Thanks for the update! YAY

Hugs,
    Chen♥