linpsu...Philly doctors

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I saw your post under my discussion regarding Philly doctors, I live in Northeast Philly. I go to Einstein for treatment now, i have been going there for 2 years. I was very happy with their treatment, however, i think that my doctor missed my reoccurence,so now i am having second thoughts. Have you ever heard of Fox Chase Cancer Center? They are very good, I went there for radiation. I have heard that Jefferson Hospital is very good also, although I do not know any specific doctors name. I think that if i go for a second opinion, I would go to Fox Chase. Where do you live? It is nice to have a neighbor on board!

Comments

• sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    I live 30 miles from Philadelphia...
    Abington is a good Hospital...
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

I live 30 miles from Philadelphia...
    Abington is a good Hospital...

sohardbnme, where do you
    sohardbnme, where do you live? Abington is ok, but the hospitals in Philadelphia are much better.
  • sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    meena1 said:

sohardbnme, where do you
    sohardbnme, where do you live? Abington is ok, but the hospitals in Philadelphia are much better.

It is a personal choice...
    I do not agree, that Philadelphia is better or worse...It is a personal choice...
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    hospital
    I live in Lancaster. I am somewhat close to Hershey, but more people have recommended the Philly hospitals - just not sure if I want to travel that far on a regular basis.
    Yes, I've heard that Foxchase is very good, also Penn, Jefferson. Just not sure where to turn.
    I have not been happy with what's been happening here at the Lanc. practice/hospital. I just had a 2nd mastectomy for a reoccurence of something that could have been prevented, I feel. I've had 4 AC/ 4 Taxol prior to my surgery and will start radiation soon. My doctors are never available to talk to me or answer my questions; they are always on vacation. I feel like they are trying to keep things from me and not willing to discuss what is really going on. Friends of mine who are nurses are encouraging me to go outside of Lancaster and talk to someone in Philadelphia. I just don't know what to do.
    Thanks for any input.
    Linda