I am kind of worried

ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am kind of worried that something may be going on. I don't know if this is normal or not so maybe someone else has had this happen. I finished rads on 7/2 and was feeling fatigued.
I started to feel better after about a week and was back to working 6 hr. days. This past week I worked a few more hours and felt ok until Thursday. I started feeling weak and cold. On Friday I was cold for a good part of the day and the temp. was close to 90. I was also very fatigued all day. Today I was ok for a while in the morning but then after I went to the gym and came back I was fatigued again and I don't think I over did it.
I do have an appt. with my surgeon on Monday for my 3 month follow up but I am wondering if perhaps I should call my medical onc.
Any advise?

Hugs to All

Comments

• Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Call and let a medical
    Call and let a medical professional make that call. A phone call won't hurt anything. It will also make you,me and everyone feel better, regardless of their answer.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Check your temp.
    I would suggest that you check your temps (and keep a record) when it is warm and you are still getting cold. A fever can make you 'feel' cold.

I've always been colder than most but since I did chemo my temp is never above 98.1 and usually 97.'something' although sometimes lower. i've been told that if it gets below 96 to get wrapped in an electric blanket and if that doesn't bring it up get to a hospital.

I haven't had any real problems with tiredness since I finished Taxol. Only kept felling better evey day during rads. I don't have the stamina I used to have so can't do quite as much as I used to but it's getting close.

Talk to your Dr.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I think keeping a record of
    I think keeping a record of your temperature 2-3 times a day, then calling your primary Doc may be a good idea. It certainly can't hurt. Then you can let your surgeon know more info.

Take care, seof.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    seof said:

I think keeping a record of
    I think keeping a record of your temperature 2-3 times a day, then calling your primary Doc may be a good idea. It certainly can't hurt. Then you can let your surgeon know more info.

Take care, seof.

of course any question check
    of course any question check with the doc. My doc would shrug his shooulders. i dont take my temp, but i dont seem to tolerate cold very well. used to love airconditioning but no longer. i have to wear a jacket in the car. I went on vacation this week and was very tired, it comes and goes but I was thinking I needed my blood count checked. I think its our bodies recovering. chemo is tough.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I also finished rads on
    I also finished rads on 07/02 and there are days when I am just really tired. Sometimes I just have to take a litle nap. I think it is just my body beginning to recover from all it has been through in the past year. I am working full time except for my doctor's appts and when I get Herceptin every 3 weeks. I think the Benedryl they give me with the Herceptin also makes me tired. Always check with your doc. I mention being tired to everyone that I have seen and they haven't seemed too concerned. But we are all different. Doesn't hurt to check.

My normal temp is only 97.6 and has always been that low. I get really cold at work and wear a long sleeved shirt every day.

Hugs

Donna
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

I also finished rads on
    I also finished rads on 07/02 and there are days when I am just really tired. Sometimes I just have to take a litle nap. I think it is just my body beginning to recover from all it has been through in the past year. I am working full time except for my doctor's appts and when I get Herceptin every 3 weeks. I think the Benedryl they give me with the Herceptin also makes me tired. Always check with your doc. I mention being tired to everyone that I have seen and they haven't seemed too concerned. But we are all different. Doesn't hurt to check.

My normal temp is only 97.6 and has always been that low. I get really cold at work and wear a long sleeved shirt every day.

Hugs

Donna

I'd probably talk to my

I'd probably talk to my primary care physician. There are all kinds of things that it could be, totally unrelated to cancer. My oncologist wouldn't be the best person for me to contact for anything but her specialty.

That being said, it's not unusual to be very tired under the circumstances. Radiation effects are cumulative, so you would be most tired after it is done. I found that when I returned to work for six hours a day, after recuperating eight weeks from my mastectomy and reconstruction, I was OK at first, but extremely tired after adding hours.

Joyce
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    jk1952 said:

I'd probably talk to my

I'd probably talk to my primary care physician. There are all kinds of things that it could be, totally unrelated to cancer. My oncologist wouldn't be the best person for me to contact for anything but her specialty.

That being said, it's not unusual to be very tired under the circumstances. Radiation effects are cumulative, so you would be most tired after it is done. I found that when I returned to work for six hours a day, after recuperating eight weeks from my mastectomy and reconstruction, I was OK at first, but extremely tired after adding hours.

Joyce

Thyroid?
    I was told that the radiation can have an effect on our tyroids. That can really mess with your sensitivity to cold. I was also told that it would be a year or more before all the side effects of radiation would subside. I know it's hard not to worry after all you have been through, but get lots of rest and wait to see what your docs say. You'll be fine.

Roseann
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Menda said:

Call and let a medical
    Call and let a medical professional make that call. A phone call won't hurt anything. It will also make you,me and everyone feel better, regardless of their answer.

I hope you called your
    I hope you called your oncologist and even your rads oncologist. Being tired after rads is normal. You have been through so much and your body is still healing.

Let us know what you find out.