Ok I think i over did it

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A couple days after i had surgery i have been spending many hours in the hospital at my grandpas bedside and this morning everything caught up with me. I am feeling really run down and then found i had a fever all day...im just hoping i didnt pick up anything while visiting with my grandpa in the hospital...its probably good that i got a doctors appointment in the morning.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    It's easy to do that
    especially since you're focused on your Grandpa. It's good that you'll be seeing your doctor, just in case you have a virus or infection.

Take care of yourself. As always, keeping you and all in prayer,

Sylvia
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey jo jo
    Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I know at the time you were only thinking of your Gpa. Hope you will be able to rest and recover this weekend. Let us know how you make out at the doctor. I'll be thinking about you. Hugs, Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    JoJo sorry to hear
    JoJo sorry to hear your not feeling well after visiting your Granpa. It could be you just need some "me" time. I hope it's nothing more. It's so important to keep germ free during this time. Sending cyber {{hugs}},
    Char
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    jo jo, hope you didnt catch
    jo jo, hope you didnt catch anything at the hospital and its just that you need some well deserved rest. Let us know what the doc says.
    Thinking of you!
    Lupe
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    JoJo No over-doing it allowed...
    Girl get all the rest you can during this time. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Let us know how your appointment goes.

Do you plan on getting the nipples reconstructed too in the future? I'm just curious.
  • alexlib_mom
    alexlib_mom Member Posts: 46
    I completely over did it today too!
    Your post caught my eye because this is exactly how I am feeling. I was feeling better today so went to the Art Fair with my husband and kids. Lots of walking. Totally overdid it. It's hard for me to continue to rest and take it easy since from time to time I feel good, but days like this remind me to take care and rest since that is the best medicine. I hope you didn't pick up anything in the hospital! Take care of yourself.

Stephanie
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

I completely over did it today too!
    Your post caught my eye because this is exactly how I am feeling. I was feeling better today so went to the Art Fair with my husband and kids. Lots of walking. Totally overdid it. It's hard for me to continue to rest and take it easy since from time to time I feel good, but days like this remind me to take care and rest since that is the best medicine. I hope you didn't pick up anything in the hospital! Take care of yourself.

Stephanie

Please read "Love, Medicine and Miracles" by Dr Bernie Seigel
    Hi All,

This doctor is terrific. He was a surgeon at Yale and in the 80s started to do support groups for cancer survivors. He stresses the importance of taking care of yourself first. He would say that taking care of others to the point that we are not feeling well is common in people who get cancer. He talks about survivor behavior. Just say no. If we are flying and there is a problem, we must put the air equipment on ourselves first. Be a survivor. Don't compromise your health for others. They wouldn't want that. Design a life that works for you and your family will have your for many years. I am a co-dependent so I speak from experience. I am a 30 year people pleaser so old habit don't die easily but I'm doing it and I feel terrific. My saying is, "That doesn't work for me."
    Love.
    Roseann
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    It's hard to stop being you.
    It's hard to stop being you. Finding that balance between important life issues like a sick grandfather and chemo is a hard thing. But if you don't take care of yourself first, you won't be able to take care of these other things in life that keep coming at us.

Feel Better!!!

Bob