Four Days Away

Hubby
Hubby Member Posts: 325
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We had our four days away as a family and had a great time. Hershey and Amish country. Donna held on to her hat on the flume and one of the rollercoasters. She sat out the more extreme coasters; said she didn't want to lose her head. But she was generally feeling good and enjoying the time away. Lots of eating; not enough time.

Saw a few women out "naked" in Hershey Park. We thought that was cool.

Bob

Comments

• Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Bob
    Im so glad you all had a great time. It is important to continue our little mini vacations here and there. It really lifts our spirits up.
    Lupe
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Wonderful! So glad it all
    Wonderful! So glad it all worked out for you to get away and enjoy yourselves! As it should be! Funny about the "naked" women; I have often wondered how many I overlooked until BC came to call, and I joined the ranks.
    Which is, I suppose, good and bad; maybe we are not so visible "naked" as we imagine we are!

Hooray for having a great time! Well deserved, to be sure.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Glad you
    Bob, Glad you & family were able to get away. It's been many years since my family went to Hershey & Amish country since my daughter & son are both parents now. Great place to forget about every day life. I don't do roller coasters ever! I hven't seen anyone "naked" but I plan on being that way at home. When I go out I will wear cotton hats. I absolutely hate wigs and since I don't work anymore, who cares. At the grocery store last week I saw a young woman shopping with a friend and she was wearing the tell all scarf with no hair underneath. She looked happy and that's all that matters! Enjoy the small moments as your wife goes through treatment.
    Char
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Wonderful!
    How nice Bob, sounds like a great time. I know during treatment when My Guy would plan a trip and we would all take off it was very special to me, glad you guys had such fun!

RE
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    RE said:

Wonderful!
    How nice Bob, sounds like a great time. I know during treatment when My Guy would plan a trip and we would all take off it was very special to me, glad you guys had such fun!

RE

Bob, I am happy to hear that both you and Donna enjoyed
    a few days away. It's it wonderful, to leave our 'real' world behind - if only for a few days. And to see other naked women, walking around enjoying themselves .. Imagine that .. so Glad Donna enjoyed the rides .. Hummmm Hersey .. all I can think about is milk chocolate...

Vicki Sam