Pathology from Surgery

13»

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Wow, good news
    Wow, good news going on:) Doing a happy dance for you. I'm amazed at how fast everything is moving along. You just had your surgery. Mine was June 22 and my port is being put it July 30 and chemo starts August 10. It is important to sit around and do nothing. I know it's hard when you have small children but it's so important for your healing. My sister did too much cleaning after her lumpectomy and ended up with an infection, so take care.

Good luck with everything Heather!
    {{Gentle Hugs}}, Char
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    So glad to hear your good
    So glad to hear your good news! Now, relax & give yourself lots of time to recuperate! Hope things go well for you!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    jk1952 said:

Great news, Heather! So
    Great news, Heather! So happy for you.

Joyce

Congrats Heather! Great
    Congrats Heather! Great news for you!

Hugs, Diane
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    MNLynn said:

So glad to hear your good news! Now, relax & give yourself lots of time to recuperate! Hope things go well for you!

♥ Lynn ♥

Great news Heathebelle
    Gosh it sounds like you are really doing terrific!!! And yes you've helped me a great deal and I appreciate your taking the time to post even when you should be resting. LOL Thanks so much really because I need to hear everything, I want the truth.

What size were your boobs and what size do you want to end up with? Do you plan on getting the new nipples too?
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    jk1952 said:

Great news, Heather! So
    Great news, Heather! So happy for you.

Joyce

Congrats Heather! Wonderful
    Congrats Heather! Wonderful news!

Hugs, Jan
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member

Great news Heathebelle
    Gosh it sounds like you are really doing terrific!!! And yes you've helped me a great deal and I appreciate your taking the time to post even when you should be resting. LOL Thanks so much really because I need to hear everything, I want the truth.

What size were your boobs and what size do you want to end up with? Do you plan on getting the new nipples too?

:) no more drains!
    Ok, if I can remember all your questions!! The expander is like a temporary implant, I believe it's made of silicone, but it's hard. They fill it up every 2 weeks, I'll get around 100cc each fill. My boobs were pretty big. I'd been a steady 36C cup for years, since having the baby almost 2 years ago though I've been a D cup. I am actually going just a little bit bigger than what I was before surgery. I've always had big boobs & always liked them -in fact I was planning on getting a lift & implants next year before all this breast cancer mess! My plastic surgeon did my first fill when he put the expanders in-it was 120 or 150 ccs. I get my next fill next wednesday! I will get the nipple tattooing -I'm already moderately tattoed as it is so that will be no problem for me ;) Not 100% sure about getting new nipples done though, I really REALLY like the idea of not having to wear a bra if I don't need to!...I'm trying to remember all of your questions, seems like there were a few! I am feeling really good -having my c-sections for my daughters was a much harder surgery for me than the mastectomy.

2Floridiansisters: It's not much for me to log on here & type away - my husband bought me a laptop for Christmas last year, so I'm sitting here propped up in my comfy bed surrounded by pillows!!I'm glad to help you out! It was so helpful for me to read and research as much as I could, and ask every question that came up, before I made my surgical decision, and also to help me have a sense of control. I decided from the onset that I was NOT going to give cancer control over me or my life. By learning as much as I can about what I have, it gives me the control back and keeps me in charge!!

AND - I got my second drain removed today!! I actually felt really good today -I had a cute little sundress on, it's really flowy so you couldn't see my drain tubes underneath, and you couldn't tell I don't have any boobs! Then when the plastic surgeon told me at my appt he would remove the remaining drain, I was sooo happy! Now that I'm starting to feel back to normal -BAM - I gotta start chemo in a few weeks. I'm really not looking forward to the hair loss but I've made my peace with that also. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut super short, I actually found a cute men's hairstyle photo to give the stylist for inspiration!
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member

:) no more drains!
    Ok, if I can remember all your questions!! The expander is like a temporary implant, I believe it's made of silicone, but it's hard. They fill it up every 2 weeks, I'll get around 100cc each fill. My boobs were pretty big. I'd been a steady 36C cup for years, since having the baby almost 2 years ago though I've been a D cup. I am actually going just a little bit bigger than what I was before surgery. I've always had big boobs & always liked them -in fact I was planning on getting a lift & implants next year before all this breast cancer mess! My plastic surgeon did my first fill when he put the expanders in-it was 120 or 150 ccs. I get my next fill next wednesday! I will get the nipple tattooing -I'm already moderately tattoed as it is so that will be no problem for me ;) Not 100% sure about getting new nipples done though, I really REALLY like the idea of not having to wear a bra if I don't need to!...I'm trying to remember all of your questions, seems like there were a few! I am feeling really good -having my c-sections for my daughters was a much harder surgery for me than the mastectomy.

2Floridiansisters: It's not much for me to log on here & type away - my husband bought me a laptop for Christmas last year, so I'm sitting here propped up in my comfy bed surrounded by pillows!!I'm glad to help you out! It was so helpful for me to read and research as much as I could, and ask every question that came up, before I made my surgical decision, and also to help me have a sense of control. I decided from the onset that I was NOT going to give cancer control over me or my life. By learning as much as I can about what I have, it gives me the control back and keeps me in charge!!

AND - I got my second drain removed today!! I actually felt really good today -I had a cute little sundress on, it's really flowy so you couldn't see my drain tubes underneath, and you couldn't tell I don't have any boobs! Then when the plastic surgeon told me at my appt he would remove the remaining drain, I was sooo happy! Now that I'm starting to feel back to normal -BAM - I gotta start chemo in a few weeks. I'm really not looking forward to the hair loss but I've made my peace with that also. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut super short, I actually found a cute men's hairstyle photo to give the stylist for inspiration!

Thanks Heatherbelle
    Heather I am getting Cytoxin and Taxotere and it's not been difficult at all. I get my chemo done on Wednesdays, and after the very first one I did feel really sick ( like I needed to throw up) on Friday and it only lasted 15 minutes then it passed. This 2nd time all that has happened to me was I got really bad constipation, I guess the chemo will do that to you. But that's it as far as side effects, it's been really easy for me and my husband and I go out walking 2 miles every evening in this crummy Florida heat. I am surviving the chemo. My hair fell out on July 8th, it was day 15 for me, yes I hate it but I am getting used to it. I wear a hat everywhere I go, will not go outside bald. I get stared at but I just stare back like "what........." They don't bother me anymore.

I have large boobs too, I want smaller ones, so I'm thinking I am doing the double mastectomy and not that lumpectomy. I've made up my mind and my doctor just wants me to be sure so I have to go hear the radiation oncologist point of view, but I'm certain of my choice. It sounds like a long process but I can get through it.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    MNLynn said:

♥ Lynn ♥

Such great news! You look
    Such great news! You look beautiful in your picture! I love your hair!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    weazer said:

Wonderful news!
    Fantastic

Wonderful news!
    Fantastic News, Hope your feeling a bit more comfortable soon.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you get some much needed rest.
    Karie

Congrats Heather!
    Congrats Heather! Fantastic!