first day in the chemo bay

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today was my first day of chemo. I got my port on Wednesday and chemo started today.I was so nervous but everything turned out fine so far. Hopefully all will be well in the next couple of days.

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    So happy to know that your
    So happy to know that your first chemo went better than you thought. The fear of the unknown is horrible.

Praying you will feel fine with no side effects!

Sue :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Oh Good! Oftentimes our
    Oh Good! Oftentimes our first time is the most difficult~ the fear of the unknown,etc. I am so happy that your experience was not a bad one~ you are well on your way to celebrating Life Afer Cancer!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Great news
    I start tomorrow. It's encouraging to hear you did so well.

Suzanne
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Wife
    had her first yesterday as well....Taxotere & Cytoxan and did well. Was tired last night and didnt sleep that good. She went to work this morning...a bit shakey until she ate, but so far she is doing well. Nurse said Sat & Sun would be her "crash" days.

Good luck to you and to all.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hope you are still feeling good
    Let us know how it's going. My worst day is the second day after I finish the steroids. Nothing too bad, I just crash!!!!
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    I have my 3rd treatment next
    I have my 3rd treatment next week and they have all being OK. Hope you experience is the same. Have a great weekend. Relax.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Glad you got thru that 1st
    Glad you got thru that 1st day. Adding to what everyone else said, keep your weekend clear, just in case, and drink plenty of water.
    Lupe
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pinkpower said:

Glad you got thru that 1st
    Glad you got thru that 1st day. Adding to what everyone else said, keep your weekend clear, just in case, and drink plenty of water.
    Lupe

I am happy that your first treatment was uneventful .. hoping
    the next several days fine you in good spirits, and great health. Keep up the good work.

Vicki Sam
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    VickiSam said:

I am happy that your first treatment was uneventful .. hoping
    the next several days fine you in good spirits, and great health. Keep up the good work.

Vicki Sam

Had Cycle 2 last Monday. I
    Had Cycle 2 last Monday. I am noticing the same pattern as the first time; nothing seems much different. Day 3 I start to fade, Days 4 & 5 I have a sinus-like headache that is controllable with Advil. I am more tired this time than last, but totally doable. I am blessed to be able to stay home from work; don't know that I could function at a level required by my job.

Next week you will feel great!
  • sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    Glad to hear it was uneventful
    I start August 2...
    Please keep me posted on any symptoms or LACK Of them...You give me hope...
  • alexlib_mom
    alexlib_mom Member Posts: 46
    Glad it went well
    For me the side effects were cyclical, but totally do-able. Just had a couple of bad days (about days 4-6) of each cycle and then pretty much back to normal. Chemo for me was much more manageable than recovering from the surgeries.

Best of luck.

Stephanie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Glad to hear it was uneventful
    I start August 2...
    Please keep me posted on any symptoms or LACK Of them...You give me hope...

Happy that your 1st chemo
    Happy that your 1st chemo went fine for you!

Hugs, Leeza