A Walmart story-

rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How bout I went to Walmart to get some moisturizing creme...Anyway I had on a tank top and I was kneeling down and someone asked me if I had a port. I stood up and answered yes looking really puzzled until the woman said me too! She works at Walmart and we started talking and she told me she finished chemo about a year ago. Her hair was reddish-gray, wavy, and past her shoulders! It is sooo beautiful. She said her cancer was in stage 4, but she had a great spirit as she told me about her reconstruction and other experiences. It was very nice to talk with her so I guess I'll look her up when I go to Walmart now-

rene9

Comments

• lillith
    lillith Member Posts: 29
    lovely story
    what a great story! I love meeting people who have been thru this that way. I just got my port out last month, still have an obvious scar but am not worried about it. It's great that she is surviving after being stage 4 too, and has her hair back (i'm still waiting on that one). Hope you do well with your chemo. L.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    lillith said:

lovely story
    what a great story! I love meeting people who have been thru this that way. I just got my port out last month, still have an obvious scar but am not worried about it. It's great that she is surviving after being stage 4 too, and has her hair back (i'm still waiting on that one). Hope you do well with your chemo. L.

Another Walmart story
    I was in walmart and on my jacket I had a pink ribbon pin. I also had a scraf on my head. This very nice lady stopped me and said that she would not have stopped me if it was not for the pink ribbon pin. She told me she was a BC survivor and that I would be fine and asked if she could give me a hug.
  • lillith
    lillith Member Posts: 29
    Kat11 said:

Another Walmart story
    I was in walmart and on my jacket I had a pink ribbon pin. I also had a scraf on my head. This very nice lady stopped me and said that she would not have stopped me if it was not for the pink ribbon pin. She told me she was a BC survivor and that I would be fine and asked if she could give me a hug.

neat
    That's great. I've really appreciated the kindness of strangers. When someone speaks to me out of the blue, so to speak, I know that they are a kindred spirit who has also suffered either for themselves or for another.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    lillith said:

neat
    That's great. I've really appreciated the kindness of strangers. When someone speaks to me out of the blue, so to speak, I know that they are a kindred spirit who has also suffered either for themselves or for another.

Walmart!
    Great stories! Isn't it wonderful when we meet other bc sisters in pink at all kinds of places?

I wear a beautiful bracelet that my hubby bought me. It does have pink stones on it and it also has the bc ribbon in the middle of the lighter crystals. Everywhere I go, someone notices it and asks me if I am bc survivor. I proudly say YES I AM! :)

There are so many wonderful people out there that have so much compassion and kindness.

See you at Walmart! lol

Sue :)
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    All connected
    Isn't there such a bond? As horrible as this disease is, it creates such a kinship amongst strangers experiencing this walk. When we meet people at the store, church, work or wherever, we instantly "feel" linked to them. At least I do.

Isn't there a saying that goes "There are no strangers, only friends we have not met".

Pray your doing good rene9!

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    lillith said:

neat

Lillith
    I think, in this instance, they are speaking to you "out of the PINK!" And yes, though the reason for the recognition is not so good, the instant bond is something to behold!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    sea60 said:

All connected
    Isn't there such a bond? As horrible as this disease is, it creates such a kinship amongst strangers experiencing this walk. When we meet people at the store, church, work or wherever, we instantly "feel" linked to them. At least I do.

Isn't there a saying that goes "There are no strangers, only friends we have not met".

Blessings,

Sylvia

You are so right Sylvia! I
    You are so right Sylvia! I love your saying!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sea60 said:

All connected

Blessings,

Sylvia

That's great
    The surprise support from sisters that have traveled this road before us amazes me and continues to remind me how blessed I am.

I'm happy for you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

That's great
    The surprise support from sisters that have traveled this road before us amazes me and continues to remind me how blessed I am.

I'm happy for you.

that there are many of us out there fight breast cancer - in your case, a higher power brought you two women together - maybe 1 day to share, and offer support to each other.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

that there are many of us out there fight breast cancer - in your case, a higher power brought you two women together - maybe 1 day to share, and offer support to each other.

Vicki Sam

There are angels amongst us,
    There are angels amongst us, even at Walmart! Glad you had this great experience.

Hugs, Jan