Pathology from Surgery

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    What a relif
    Great to hear your great news. Yes, Celebrate with a good nap, cause I'm positive you haven't been getting to much sleep. Congrats again. Katz
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Katz77 said:

What a relif
    Great to hear your great news. Yes, Celebrate with a good nap, cause I'm positive you haven't been getting to much sleep. Congrats again. Katz

I right there with you dancing with Ned .. it's okay
    that we share him, right? I pretty much experience the same thing, however my left breast was my cancer breast .. BI-Lateral 1/12/10. What a relief - right. All the appointments, treatments, scans - not to mention surgeries .. all worth it!!!

I am still dancing with you .. Miss Heatherbell

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    VickiSam said:

I right there with you dancing with Ned .. it's okay
    that we share him, right? I pretty much experience the same thing, however my left breast was my cancer breast .. BI-Lateral 1/12/10. What a relief - right. All the appointments, treatments, scans - not to mention surgeries .. all worth it!!!

I am still dancing with you .. Miss Heatherbell

Vicki Sam

Dancing for you!
    What great news Heather! I am smiling from ear to ear at reading this!

You take all of the naps that you want! You need to get your strength back and recuperate from your surgery.

So very, very happy for you!

Sue :)
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    I'm putting a cheesy 80's song in your head....
    Ceeelebrate Good Times! C'Mon! Dah-nah-nah-nah-nah...it's a celebration!

I wish you could see the big smile on my face for you!!!!!!!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I'm putting a cheesy 80's song in your head....
    Ceeelebrate Good Times! C'Mon! Dah-nah-nah-nah-nah...it's a celebration!

I wish you could see the big smile on my face for you!!!!!!!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

SamuraiMom .. Sly and the family stones
    Ceelebrate Good Times .. right ..I am now dancing in my chair .. My feet are sore, as Heatherbelle and I danced until 3 a.m. this morning with NED.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

SamuraiMom .. Sly and the family stones
    Ceelebrate Good Times .. right ..I am now dancing in my chair .. My feet are sore, as Heatherbelle and I danced until 3 a.m. this morning with NED.

Vicki Sam

Congrats Heather!

Congrats Heather!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    DebbyM said:

Congrats Heather!

Congrats Heather!

Heather I am truly feeling your joy!
    By the way, Ned does line dancing so we can all have one big dance together! Hussel anyone?

Hugs, Judy :-D

P,S, How do you spell Hussel anyway?
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Skeezie said:

Heather I am truly feeling your joy!
    By the way, Ned does line dancing so we can all have one big dance together! Hussel anyone?

Hugs, Judy :-D

P,S, How do you spell Hussel anyway?

Judy, I believe it's
    Judy, I believe it's h-u-s-t-l-e. I knew exactly what you were talking about. I'd love to do the hustle with you guys but it's going to be a bit longer for me. Enjoy!
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Great News
    Happy to hear that it all went well. Node negative is good news!!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Yippee!
    That is just fantastic! Rest and heal quickly--we are all rooting for you.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    YEAY Heather
    Wasn't it an amazing feeling,when you heard the good news?
    I wanted to dance but my drains got in the way, when I got
    my great news yesterday.

TAKE THAT CANCER

Ayse
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    THANK YOU SISTAHS
    Thank you ALL for sharing in my happiness of my good news :) Let's all hug & dance! We can even do "The Hustle"! I had 3 doctor's appointments yesterday. The first was my oncologist with my wonderful news, the 2nd later that afternoon was my surgeon, to follow up post surgery and also schedule my surgery for my chemo port (that surgery will be next Monday afternoon). The 3rd appt was at my plastic surgeon (aka my New Best Friend). He (in my exact words) "took off those EFFEN bandages", and removed one of my drains. I also got into a little trouble there because my right drain had an increase in output, and I was feeling really sick and just generally icky yesterday -Dr. told me I had done way too much the previous day and ordered me to "lay around and do nothing" until tomorrow, I'm seeing him at 2 in the afternoon, and if it looks better I'm getting this other drain removed! If I'm really good & lucky, I'll also get another fill in my expanders. He did 150 at time of placement, and will do 100 cc at a time, but these are pretty big expanders I've got goin on, it's gonna take a while to fill these suckers up ;)
    So I'm sitting in my cozy bed with my laptop, my mom came over to help with the girls, and I'm thinking about taking a nap at 2:30 in the afternoon! The chest pain I was having was really really helped by getting those tight bandages off (in my opinion, that was the worst part of my entire surgery-being so tightly wrapped), and I was able to get a good night's sleep of more than 3 consecutive hours! I slept better last night than I have in the past 3 weeks! So, I'm taking it easy this week, port surgery Monday, and my 1st of 6 chemo treatments starts on August 4th. I feel blessed to have had all of you with me since the beginning of this crappy journey. I hope I can inspire and help out other women like you have helped me :)
    *big hugs*
    Heather
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member

THANK YOU SISTAHS
    Thank you ALL for sharing in my happiness of my good news :) Let's all hug & dance! We can even do "The Hustle"! I had 3 doctor's appointments yesterday. The first was my oncologist with my wonderful news, the 2nd later that afternoon was my surgeon, to follow up post surgery and also schedule my surgery for my chemo port (that surgery will be next Monday afternoon). The 3rd appt was at my plastic surgeon (aka my New Best Friend). He (in my exact words) "took off those EFFEN bandages", and removed one of my drains. I also got into a little trouble there because my right drain had an increase in output, and I was feeling really sick and just generally icky yesterday -Dr. told me I had done way too much the previous day and ordered me to "lay around and do nothing" until tomorrow, I'm seeing him at 2 in the afternoon, and if it looks better I'm getting this other drain removed! If I'm really good & lucky, I'll also get another fill in my expanders. He did 150 at time of placement, and will do 100 cc at a time, but these are pretty big expanders I've got goin on, it's gonna take a while to fill these suckers up ;)
    So I'm sitting in my cozy bed with my laptop, my mom came over to help with the girls, and I'm thinking about taking a nap at 2:30 in the afternoon! The chest pain I was having was really really helped by getting those tight bandages off (in my opinion, that was the worst part of my entire surgery-being so tightly wrapped), and I was able to get a good night's sleep of more than 3 consecutive hours! I slept better last night than I have in the past 3 weeks! So, I'm taking it easy this week, port surgery Monday, and my 1st of 6 chemo treatments starts on August 4th. I feel blessed to have had all of you with me since the beginning of this crappy journey. I hope I can inspire and help out other women like you have helped me :)
    *big hugs*
    Heather

Doctor's Orders!
    A whole lotta doing nothing sounds like just the thing!

Glad your feeling better without your "effin' bandages". Get your rest - you'll need it for your dance with NED!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member

THANK YOU SISTAHS
    *big hugs*
    Heather

Great news!
    So happy to hear your great news and also that those uncomfortable bandages are off of your chest. You should follow the doctor's suggestions to the letter, nap and loll around in bed as much as possible. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Mimi
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462

THANK YOU SISTAHS
    *big hugs*
    Heather

Hey Heather
    Glad to hear at least one drain came out and the EFFEN bandages came off. I love reading all these posts, because everyone is so different. They took my "EFFEN" bandages off the next day after surgery, before I left the hospital. Also, I read about compression bras that others had to wear. My PS told me that I didn't have to wear anything. Glad your Mom is there to help. I know it's hard not to do anything, but like me, you will learn Take care. Hugs :>) Jean
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175

THANK YOU SISTAHS
    *big hugs*
    Heather

Heather this is awesome
    Heather this is awesome news...nodes negative!! Im so happy for ya!
    Im glad you got at least one drain tube out...i finally get mine out tomorrow!
    Get some much deserved rest!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    jo jo said:

Heather this is awesome
    Heather this is awesome news...nodes negative!! Im so happy for ya!
    Im glad you got at least one drain tube out...i finally get mine out tomorrow!
    Get some much deserved rest!

:)
    Thanks JoJo! Enjoyin those new boobies of yours?! I'm going back to see my plastic surgeon tomorrow, and I've been following his orders and doing absolutely nothing that's not necessary, hoping to get this other drain out tomorrow & crossing my fingers that he'll fill my expanders while I'm there! Glad you get yours out tomorrow! And how are you doing, I've been thinking about you & everything you were going through. Hope all is well :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Heather
    I'm glad you're doing good and able to finally sleep. About expanders, do they fill a little at a time? What is filled, a bag? Sorry I don't know the concept. I just have one lumpy scarred up lumpectomy boob. It really doesn't look bad, just a cup or 2 smaller than the left. So I lean slightly to the right and they hang evenly. Good luck and glad your nodes are neg. Mine were too.
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74

THANK YOU SISTAHS
    *big hugs*
    Heather

Hey glad to hear you got the
    Hey glad to hear you got the stupid bandaids off and at least one drain removed. It's weird, yesterday I got my bandaids off and I swear it felt like they were tearing my skin off. Hurt like hell! then got the drains pulled out, and I was surprised how much that hurt too. It was worse than the surgery! I sweated profusely and almost passed out. I had to lie down with knees up for a while before they would let me leave the office. Then I just felt kind of sick the rest of the day. I'm feeling much better today and last night I was actually able to sleep on my side for an hour or so. Improvement slowly. I get my first fill August 5. Still haven't met an oncologist yet. Not sure when that will happen.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    sal314 said:

Hey Heather!
    Great news Heather!! Wow...I'm sure you are totally spent from your day with your doctors! You deserve that nap!

Having the nodes clean is news that everyone wants to hear! That's so great! About the drains, I just remember hating it (did only one side) and it took forever before he took it out! I remember wanting it out so badly because got so sore, but ended up keeping it in for almost 4 weeks! So not right! LOL.

Anyway, I'm so happy for your good news! I know you still have the chemo to go through, but I'll be praying that it goes smoothly and you won't feel too bad. With all the drugs they pump you up with, you shouldn't feel all that bad!

Keep us posted.

Blessings,
    Sally

Wonderful news!
    Hugs,

Wonderful news!

Hugs, Leeza