Chemo gone?

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone know how long it takes for all the chemo to leave your system? I finished chemo in January and rads in March and still get that prickly feeling when I have a hot flash. I'm also still very tired sometimes. Could this be from the Tamoxifen?

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    sorry I cant help with that
    sorry I cant help with that I have not been on tamoxifen. But I am sure some one will be along that will have a answer for you. I would think that the Chemo would be gone by now though. take care Kay
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi calvert
    I also finished in January. My left shoulder and whole arm has been tingling the last 2 months, many times during the day. It lasts maybe 20 seconds and goes away. I hope this will go away eventually. Sometimes my knuckles get sharp flashing pains, too. I still get watery eyes once in awhile and brows and lashes are not back yet. My muscles are tight under arm and right breast from lumpectomy and radiation. Otherwise, I feel pretty good. It will be great when those toxins leave us.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    laurissa said:

Hi calvert
    I also finished in January. My left shoulder and whole arm has been tingling the last 2 months, many times during the day. It lasts maybe 20 seconds and goes away. I hope this will go away eventually. Sometimes my knuckles get sharp flashing pains, too. I still get watery eyes once in awhile and brows and lashes are not back yet. My muscles are tight under arm and right breast from lumpectomy and radiation. Otherwise, I feel pretty good. It will be great when those toxins leave us.

sorry .. I don't know. Like Laurissa and many others
    I still have systoms .. Watery eyes and a nose drips daily .. Yep .. tingling in my hands and feet .. still here .. fatigue, still here.

I wish I could of helped.

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    VickiSam said:

sorry .. I don't know. Like Laurissa and many others
    I still have systoms .. Watery eyes and a nose drips daily .. Yep .. tingling in my hands and feet .. still here .. fatigue, still here.

I wish I could of helped.

Vicki Sam

Sorry girls
    My experience at least 12 months. Do not forget additional efforts to eat right, physical activity and laugh. yes, Tamoxifen can contribute to fatigue.
    The good news it will pass and you gain your energy back. Just be gentle to yourself.
    Hugs