Sweating out the Chemo (Literally)

sea60
sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I don't know if this happened to anyone but after about 2 weeks of completing Chemo, I started getting back on the treadmill. Well, When I started to work up a sweat (about 10 minutes into it) I would develope these raised tiny, itchy bumps. It would continue until I would stop and the sweat would evaporate. This happened for about 2-3 months and then gradually went away.

All I can think of is that I must have been sweating out the toxins from Chemo and my skin had a reaction to it. That's the only thing that made sense. When I asked the staff, they didn't have an answer.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    No, I haven't heard of this,
    No, I haven't heard of this, but, it is very interesting. I wonder if it was that...

I will be curious to see if anyone else had this happen.

Sue :)
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    yes
    When I sweat same thing it itches.When I have a hot flash I will start to itch, and sometimes prickly heat rash will appear, but will go away when I cool down.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

yes
    When I sweat same thing it itches.When I have a hot flash I will start to itch, and sometimes prickly heat rash will appear, but will go away when I cool down.

Me too, Ms. Sunshine .. when I sweat from walking,
    or just being over heated .. itchie, prickly heat rash developes - but does go away after a shower, or when I cool down. If I scratch or rub, I develpe little scabs - something close to a rug burn.

Werid ..

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    It'll go away
    It took about 2-3 months before it went away.

If anyone else experiences this after completing Chemo, just know it's more than likely a reaction to the Chemo being sweat out from your pores.

Always good to share the experience!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    sea60 said:

It'll go away
    It took about 2-3 months before it went away.

If anyone else experiences this after completing Chemo, just know it's more than likely a reaction to the Chemo being sweat out from your pores.

Always good to share the experience!

This is good to share!
    This is good to share! Thanks!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I notice that too, Sea. I
    I notice that too, Sea. I get itchy when I sweat during workouts. I finished with chemo in January, mind you, and I still get itchy! I have to wipe my forearms down with a towel to get rid of that itchy sensation. Even so, keep moving. Exercise does help with recovery from chemo. Best of luck.
    BL
  • Terrboll
    Terrboll Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019 #8
    Itching

Thanks for this, I’m in my 4th month of Colorectal Cancer treatment and I just started itching like crazy when I sweat!  Living in southern Florida, I sweat a lot and it’s  so annoying.  What do you use to alleviate itching besides showering.  Thanks!