Lone Star State

Menda
Menda Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We can not let everyone meet when we have the best state with the best people. Any ideas as to where and when?? Outlet malls, beach, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas? I do work some weekends, but not all.

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I am not in Texas Menda,
    I am not in Texas Menda, but, some are on here. I hope you can meet them. I think that is so great.

Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I am not in Texas Menda,
    I am not in Texas Menda, but, some are on here. I hope you can meet them. I think that is so great.

Hugs, Jan

Menda .. Great Idea ..
    Here hoping for a hook up for you and another sister in pink.

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Hey Menda!
    I'm in San Antonio. Let me know when you visit and we can meet for coffee :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Texas!!
    Hey Menda I am in Texas too. I am in the central part of the state, close to Waco. Where are you? Lorrie is close to me. We actually have met. We had the same surgeon and treatment center. I would love to meet some more people. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Menda

Texas!!
    Hey Menda I am in Texas too. I am in the central part of the state, close to Waco. Where are you? Lorrie is close to me. We actually have met. We had the same surgeon and treatment center. I would love to meet some more people. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I am between Waco and
    I am between Waco and Austin.
  • sea60
    Menda said:

I am between Waco and
    I am between Waco and Austin.

I probably pass your town
    My daughter goes to Baylor so we make that I35 trip from San Antonio to Waco. What's the name of your town?

I REALLY dread Austin. It's ALWAYS congested. We recently took the toll and it was worth the 8 bucks!!!

We've also stopped at Solado & Georgetown...so quaint!!
  • Menda
    sea60 said:

I probably pass your town
    My daughter goes to Baylor so we make that I35 trip from San Antonio to Waco. What's the name of your town?

I REALLY dread Austin. It's ALWAYS congested. We recently took the toll and it was worth the 8 bucks!!!

We've also stopped at Solado & Georgetown...so quaint!!

Sea60
    I THINK I sent you am email. Let me know if I followed the directions....lol
  • sea60
    Menda said:

Sea60
    I THINK I sent you am email. Let me know if I followed the directions....lol

You did!
    Let ME know if my reply went through...LOL!
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Wife and I
    Wife and I (texasgal on here) are just outside Tyler/Longview in a small town Kilgore. Would love to know people dealing with this in our area. Would be nice to have some friends we could both lean on.
    Greg
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Dont let the name fool you!!! lol
    Hi

I'm in Waxahachie Texas. Arkansas is where I was born and raised but just moved to
    Texas in May 2008 from Pittsburgh PA. My hubby was on the job exactly 1 year when I got DX - -3/24/09. We have been living up north for the last 20 years and we had a chance
    to come south and be close to home. So here we are. Yes I fly those Razorbacks flags in
    Texas. lol My picture is on top of a mountain in Ark.

ARKANSASGIRL
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

Dont let the name fool you!!! lol
    Hi

I'm in Waxahachie Texas. Arkansas is where I was born and raised but just moved to
    Texas in May 2008 from Pittsburgh PA. My hubby was on the job exactly 1 year when I got DX - -3/24/09. We have been living up north for the last 20 years and we had a chance
    to come south and be close to home. So here we are. Yes I fly those Razorbacks flags in
    Texas. lol My picture is on top of a mountain in Ark.

ARKANSASGIRL

I am
    50 miles west of Houston. I-10 is almost in my front yard! Post here when a decision is made for a "confab" of fabulous women! So far, it looks like most of you are either way north, or further west of me.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    survives said:

I am
    50 miles west of Houston. I-10 is almost in my front yard! Post here when a decision is made for a "confab" of fabulous women! So far, it looks like most of you are either way north, or further west of me.

Texas meeting
    I am in Jacksonville, 30 miles south of Tyler, and have treatment at Texas Oncology in Tyler. Let me know if there is something planned...would love to meet you all. Hugs, Judy
  • Menda

Texas meeting
    I am in Jacksonville, 30 miles south of Tyler, and have treatment at Texas Oncology in Tyler. Let me know if there is something planned...would love to meet you all. Hugs, Judy

Let's do it
    After speaking privately to numerous people. It looks like the most neutral spot is between San Antonio and Waco. May I suggest Boerne or fredricksburg,Salado, Wimberly or possibly San Marcos. Meeting sometime in October. If we cannot pull it off that soon possibly in Feb or march. Let me know what you think or if you have any additional ideas.
  • sea60
    Menda said:

Let's do it
    After speaking privately to numerous people. It looks like the most neutral spot is between San Antonio and Waco. May I suggest Boerne or fredricksburg,Salado, Wimberly or possibly San Marcos. Meeting sometime in October. If we cannot pull it off that soon possibly in Feb or march. Let me know what you think or if you have any additional ideas.

I love Boerne & Wimberly
    Fredericksburg is also very nice.

Count me in. That's my favorite month since it's starting to cool down. As long as we pick a small town, I'm good.

I get lost in a paper bag so Houston or Dallas would be a challenge.

Great idea Menda! Hope we can pull this off.
  • Menda
    sea60 said:

I love Boerne & Wimberly
    Fredericksburg is also very nice.

Count me in. That's my favorite month since it's starting to cool down. As long as we pick a small town, I'm good.

I get lost in a paper bag so Houston or Dallas would be a challenge.

Great idea Menda! Hope we can pull this off.

Saturday October 23
    Saturday October 23 at 12:30 in boerne for lunch ( which restaurant, don't know any names). Then spend the rest of the days talking and shopping. I am soooooo excited.
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188

Texas meeting

Ruby is
    doing her treatment at Tx Oncology in Longview thru Good Shepard
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Menda said:

Saturday October 23
    Saturday October 23 at 12:30 in boerne for lunch ( which restaurant, don't know any names). Then spend the rest of the days talking and shopping. I am soooooo excited.

Lone Star State
    Menda, please count me in too, I'd love to meet you all, or like a native texan would say ya'll, (not sure if I spelled that right), can you tell I am not a native Texan? but I am married to one and live in Texas. Boerne is about 110 miles from where we live, so that's doable for me.
    sgamtd

PS: have been thru Boerne and know where the Walmart is lol, I was looking for a particular color of yarn, and made my husband stop at every Walmart on the way to the valley until I found the exact match to finish the afghan I was working on. However I dont know names and locations of any restaurants there.
    Traffic and road construction in San Antonio is not something we liked, ended up on the road to Laredo and had to double back, so we soon found an easier route to the valley via Bandera, Hondo and so on and now completely bypass San Antonio and the interstates.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Menda said:

Saturday October 23

This sounds great! But the
    This sounds great! But the 23rd is my grandsons birthday and Boppy would be in serious trouble if she was not there for that! I want to know how it goes though and maybe be can plan on getting together again later on. Have fun!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • sea60
    Menda said:

Saturday October 23

I can try and find out some nice places to have lunch
    Will it be in Boerne for sure?
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    sea60 said:

I can try and find out some nice places to have lunch
    Will it be in Boerne for sure?

I wrote and offered to check
    I wrote and offered to check on things here. I live in Boerne. We've eaten at ElChaparral and thought it was excellent. check out the menu. http://www.elchaparral.com/

The problem is it's on the other side of the river so everyone will have to eat and drive downtown afterwards. It's not far but just can't leave the autos in the parking lot. Not that big.

How many are coming? Count me.