Pathology from Surgery

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Afternoon Ladies (and gents)-
I had my first of 3 Doctor's appointments today. With my oncologist. To go over my pathology report from my surgery last week. Margins were clear. I had the sentinal node biopsy done - they removed 3 and all 3 were NEGATIVE FOR CANCER!!!! I had cancer in my right breast but chose to have both removed. No cancer in left breast. I was SO relieved when he told me this. It was the last of the "what if's" for me. I start my chemo August 4th, with 6 rounds total.
Big weight off these little old shoulders of mine....I meet with my breast surgeon & plastic surgeon this afternoon also, post-op visit and hopefully HOPEFULLY getting these tight uncomfortable bandages off!! Not doing too much wishful thinking about the drains, though, my left one will probably come out, barely draining anything anymore, but the right one is still draining quite a bit.
Ok sistahs - I'm off to take a little nap, since I didn't sleep for crap last night - was in quite a bit of pain and ended up with ice packs on my chest before I could drift off to sleep. Had to share my oh so good news with all of you :)
*hugs*
Heather

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Great News Heather!
    Glad to hear you got good news from your oncologist. Hang in there girl. Hugs :>) Jean
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    whew!
    Congratations, Heather!

That is wonderful news! :)) We rejoice with you!!!!!

You'll feel sooooo much better when you get those drains removed. Get some good rest!

Blessings,
    dh
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

whew!
    Congratations, Heather!

That is wonderful news! :)) We rejoice with you!!!!!

You'll feel sooooo much better when you get those drains removed. Get some good rest!

Blessings,
    dh

Great news, Heather! So
    Great news, Heather! So happy for you.

Joyce
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    jk1952 said:

Great news, Heather! So
    Great news, Heather! So happy for you.

Joyce

So glad for your good news
    that there was no cancer in your lymph nodes...this is what we all want to hear after our surgeries. What type and stage was you bc?

For daily bible scripture encouragement and prayer during your journey through cancer,
    please meet me at the discussion board called ‘spirituality, prayer, and meditation’
    located toward the bottom of the discussion board listings under ‘other’ and be blessed!
    Lorrie
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    That is great news Heather I
    That is great news Heather I am so happy for you! Keep being strong!
    Kathie
  • lovs2decorate
    lovs2decorate Member Posts: 44
    Great News!!!
    Woohoo for the good news on your sentinal node results!! Will keep fingers crossed on the drains situation for you that they come out sooner than later.

Justine
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    camsgram said:

That is great news Heather I
    That is great news Heather I am so happy for you! Keep being strong!
    Kathie

Wonderful news!
    Fantastic

Wonderful news!
    Fantastic News, Hope your feeling a bit more comfortable soon.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you get some much needed rest.
    Karie
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Hey Heather!
    Great news Heather!! Wow...I'm sure you are totally spent from your day with your doctors! You deserve that nap!

Having the nodes clean is news that everyone wants to hear! That's so great! About the drains, I just remember hating it (did only one side) and it took forever before he took it out! I remember wanting it out so badly because got so sore, but ended up keeping it in for almost 4 weeks! So not right! LOL.

Anyway, I'm so happy for your good news! I know you still have the chemo to go through, but I'll be praying that it goes smoothly and you won't feel too bad. With all the drugs they pump you up with, you shouldn't feel all that bad!

Keep us posted.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    sal314 said:

Hey Heather!
    Great news Heather!! Wow...I'm sure you are totally spent from your day with your doctors! You deserve that nap!

Having the nodes clean is news that everyone wants to hear! That's so great! About the drains, I just remember hating it (did only one side) and it took forever before he took it out! I remember wanting it out so badly because got so sore, but ended up keeping it in for almost 4 weeks! So not right! LOL.

Anyway, I'm so happy for your good news! I know you still have the chemo to go through, but I'll be praying that it goes smoothly and you won't feel too bad. With all the drugs they pump you up with, you shouldn't feel all that bad!

Keep us posted.

Blessings,
    Sally

Great news!!!!!!
    I am so glad to hear your wunderful news. Just think you did all that worrying for nothing. I understand about the drains and surgical bandages. I will be 14 days tommorrow and really don't think the drains will come out. Remember once they are out, you really don't want them put back in. Remember patience. I am trying to learn how to be still and quiet and friends and family are laughing at me. Glad you are doing soo well.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    We absolutely ADORE good
    We absolutely ADORE good news! You have put a smile on so many faces~HOORAY!

Glad you were finally able to get some rest too; it's an important part of the healing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Great News!
    Waiting for (and hearing) those pathology reports is such an anxiety provoking experience. Now you know what you're dealing with (and it sounds pretty doggone good considering) and can move on.
    Best of luck and well wishes,
    Suzanne
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295

Great News!
    Waiting for (and hearing) those pathology reports is such an anxiety provoking experience. Now you know what you're dealing with (and it sounds pretty doggone good considering) and can move on.
    Best of luck and well wishes,
    Suzanne

Such good news
    Doesn't it feel great to have that damn thing out of your body? Whoohoo

Cindy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Love, love your excellent
    Love, love your excellent news!! You know what you are dealing with now and have your treatment plan. Good luck to you and know that we will be here every step of the way!!
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    Wow! That's awesome news. I
    Wow! That's awesome news. I haven't met an oncologist yet. I have my first appointment with the plastic surgeon tomorrow morning. Hoping to get surgery path report then. My general surgeon and plastic surgeon share an office. So, if it's in I should be able to get it. Glad to hear you are pretty much clear. you are on the road to total recovery, that's great!
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Great news! So happy that
    Great news! So happy that your surgery is over and even happier for your excellent results. It is wonderful that the nodes were clear. I know how excited I was still groggy from surgery when they told me that preliminary nodes were clean. I could almost have danced (if I could have gotten out of bed). Enjoy your nap and keep getting your rest.

Thinking of you,
    Michelle
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Wonderful news
    Wonderful news Heather! I'm watching a repeat of the "Ellen" show and she's dancing to the song "Just Dance". You go girl:) Hope your appts this afternoon went well too. Sending you cyber {{hugs}}.
    Char
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Wonderful news
    Wonderful news Heather! I'm watching a repeat of the "Ellen" show and she's dancing to the song "Just Dance". You go girl:) Hope your appts this afternoon went well too. Sending you cyber {{hugs}}.
    Char

Great news Heather! Hope
    Great news Heather! Hope you are having a nice nap now as you deserve it!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    That was great news Heather.
    That was great news Heather. Will keep praying everything continues to be smooth from here on out.
    Lupe
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Pinkpower said:

That was great news Heather.
    That was great news Heather. Will keep praying everything continues to be smooth from here on out.
    Lupe

Really good news! Congrats Heather! Praying for you!

Hugs, Megan
  • slynch
    slynch Member Posts: 82
    Great
    Love hearing good news. Glad everything is going well for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you the best through Chemo.