Ouch my neck

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got my port placed today and my neck is sore. They ran a catheter through the juglar and placed the port on the left chest wall. I am glad I got my port but man am I sore.

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Sorry you are sore.
    However, the benefits of having the port for your treatments will definitely be worth the pain! Have a peaceful, restful evening.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sorry
    Sorry you are sore. I don't have good veins so I'm having a port placed next Friday. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem because 5 days after the port placement I'm having a needle biopsy of my thryroid. Yikes! What we go through to beat this C!
    Char
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    cahjah75 said:

Sorry
    Sorry you are sore. I don't have good veins so I'm having a port placed next Friday. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem because 5 days after the port placement I'm having a needle biopsy of my thryroid. Yikes! What we go through to beat this C!
    Char

It'll get better
    I had my port placed last Wednesday. I just noticed it isn't sore anymore. It only felt sore when someone hugged me and mostly when I got up from a lying position. Then if I remembered, I held my hand on it & it was OK.

It'll get better everyday. Don't even feel it now.

Cindy
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    got my port on june 11, it's
    got my port on june 11, it's on the right side and catheter in the jugular too. it was weird for the first few days, but now i almost forget i have it. it has made chemo and labs MUCH easier - i didn't have a port for my first course of chemo (december 09 to april 10)so i am really appreciating it.

good luck with yours, hopefully the soreness will be gone before you know it!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    heidijez said:

got my port on june 11, it's
    got my port on june 11, it's on the right side and catheter in the jugular too. it was weird for the first few days, but now i almost forget i have it. it has made chemo and labs MUCH easier - i didn't have a port for my first course of chemo (december 09 to april 10)so i am really appreciating it.

good luck with yours, hopefully the soreness will be gone before you know it!

It gets better as time goes
    It gets better as time goes by. Sometimes mine still hurts if I move wrong or bump it. Mine has been in for over a year now. You get use to it, but always waiting for it to come out at the same time.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I was sore too~ the surgery
    I was sore too~ the surgery center actually gave me an ice collar which I wore for 2 or 3 days as my throat/neck was also swollen from the procedure~ but it went away and all was fine!

hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    chenheart said:

I was sore too~ the surgery
    I was sore too~ the surgery center actually gave me an ice collar which I wore for 2 or 3 days as my throat/neck was also swollen from the procedure~ but it went away and all was fine!

hugs,
    Chen♥

So sorry that you are so
    So sorry that you are so sore. I hope you feel much better soon.

Can your doctor help you somehow?

Hugs, Megan
  • tjohnson2310
    tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
    Megan M said:

So sorry that you are so
    So sorry that you are so sore. I hope you feel much better soon.

Can your doctor help you somehow?

Hugs, Megan

Aleve
    It can take Aleve for the soreness.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I sure hope you feel better soon
    I was sore for a couple of days...then I got used to it.

God Bless,

Sylvia
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    sea60 said:

I sure hope you feel better soon
    I was sore for a couple of days...then I got used to it.

God Bless,

Sylvia

PORT
    I love my port, it makes chemo so much easier. Just this past Friday, I watched as the nurses struggled to get into a vein of the lady sitting next to me. She is a chemo friend of mine that I look forward to seeing every-other week when she comes (I'm there every week). By the way, one of her drugs is Avastin. Does anyone know what will happen if they remove it from breast cancer treatments?

Hope your soreness is soon a thing of the past. As I said, I love my port but every now and then it "pinches" me into reality. Otherwise it's great. Good luck! MM
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

PORT
    I love my port, it makes chemo so much easier. Just this past Friday, I watched as the nurses struggled to get into a vein of the lady sitting next to me. She is a chemo friend of mine that I look forward to seeing every-other week when she comes (I'm there every week). By the way, one of her drugs is Avastin. Does anyone know what will happen if they remove it from breast cancer treatments?

Hope your soreness is soon a thing of the past. As I said, I love my port but every now and then it "pinches" me into reality. Otherwise it's great. Good luck! MM

Love my port too
    I'm done with chemo, but will have the port until after rads finish. This was a blessing during chemo. After a week or so I got used to it. Even still, though, when I move a weird way, I get a pinch now and then. But it's all good.

Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

Love my port too
    I'm done with chemo, but will have the port until after rads finish. This was a blessing during chemo. After a week or so I got used to it. Even still, though, when I move a weird way, I get a pinch now and then. But it's all good.

Renee

It does get better, I bruised from my port installation
    for about 2 weeks - my port is located inside my right upper arm. For weeks and weeks, I rub my inner arm raw just with everyday movement -- however, it is the best thing since peanut butter and jelly. Seriously, I've been poked, scanned, operated on .. my port has saved me from collasping veins - did I mention that my vein are located deep under my skin. I am not very happy now when I have to get blood drawn - for pre op, as the top of my hands are used, and I am pricked 3 to 4 times before a vein is reached. I at times resort to louding stating .. 3rd time .. now it's time for another tech. Law here in California .. tech's are only allowed to prick you 3 times, then they must get a supervisor to try and get a blood draw.

It's been 11 months since my port has come to live with me, I have 2 more Herceptin treatments - then port will be removed (Thank God), my port is now side ways .. how this happened is anyone guess .. it hurts, but there is no alternative. I think TraciinLA did not have a port for her chemo treatments, as she has great veins -- Lucky Girl.

I call my port - evil necessity.

Vicki Sam