breast double reconstruction

pinkflower
pinkflower Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have just had breast reconstruction after I had finished radiation a year ago.
I had the back flap with expander on my right side and a expander placed in the left.
Is there anyone out there that has had a similar surgery?

Comments

• m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    NO-SORRY,I HAD 2 EXPANDERS.
    NO-SORRY,I HAD 2 EXPANDERS. bUT IF YOU DONT FIND ANYONE ON THIS SITE, YOU COULD TRY BREASTCANCER.ORG AND LOOK ON THEIR FORUMS?

Kay
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    My sister in law had that a
    My sister in law had that a few years ago. She says that because of the extent of her cancer her boobs don't exactly match but she is very happy with the results. I just recently had a bilateral mast. with the expanders only. So, have not yet had my first post op visit.
    Sister in law said that within a couple of weeks she was ready to go back to her office job. She was sooooo bored! She was only 24 at diagnosis. So very young. I guess they say that's why her cancer grew faster. But she is Cancer free for about 8 years now and is recently engaged to a good guy. so, life does get better.
  • pinkflower
    pinkflower Member Posts: 5
    bakerette said:

My sister in law had that a
    My sister in law had that a few years ago. She says that because of the extent of her cancer her boobs don't exactly match but she is very happy with the results. I just recently had a bilateral mast. with the expanders only. So, have not yet had my first post op visit.
    Sister in law said that within a couple of weeks she was ready to go back to her office job. She was sooooo bored! She was only 24 at diagnosis. So very young. I guess they say that's why her cancer grew faster. But she is Cancer free for about 8 years now and is recently engaged to a good guy. so, life does get better.

double reconstruction
    Thank you for replying. Yesterday was my second Dr Appt after surgery. My last two drain tubes were removed, so glad to get those out felt more like a human being and besides that one of them had an infection otherwise I still would have had the back one in yet. Also I had my first fill. My left side has just an expander and 90cc was put in it. The right side has the back flap and 50cc was put in. It wasn't real bad it was tolerable. Talked to my sister who also had double masectomy back in January 2009 with reconstruction right away cause she did not have to go through chemo and radiation like I did.I found her advice of sitting up to sleep last night worked took one pain pill. I plan on doing a 5k Women's Health Walk Saturday. Going back to work Monday only because I have an office job and don't do any lifting. Let me know how you are doing.