Spiders

njpost
njpost Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had a very emotional day. I was scheduled for my exchange surgery tomorrow and woke up this morning with spider bites all over my sides and back. The Dr does not want to do surgery until I am healed. So everything is on hold for now :(

It seems like I am not meant to have this surgery. The Radiation Onc. wanted to wait 6 months after radiation but the PS wanted to wait only 1. It will be at least 3 at this point so I guess that will be a good compromise.

Best Wishes to all of you having surgery this month!

-Nancy

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Spiders?
    I'm not sure what you'r talking about.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    When spiders bite, they can
    When spiders bite, they can bite multiple times. I was biten once three times and it became infected and I had cellulitis develop. Then you need antibiotics. I believe in live and let live unless it's spiders in my house.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    spiders
    So sorry about your spider bites and delayed surgery, Nancy. I'm sure you're beyond frustrated. Hope you heal quickly and can proceed with your surgery this month.

Mimi
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Marcia527 said:

When spiders bite, they can
    When spiders bite, they can bite multiple times. I was biten once three times and it became infected and I had cellulitis develop. Then you need antibiotics. I believe in live and let live unless it's spiders in my house.

(Smacks self in head)
    DUH!!!!!!!! I didn't read right! So Sorry!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mimivac said:

spiders
    So sorry about your spider bites and delayed surgery, Nancy. I'm sure you're beyond frustrated. Hope you heal quickly and can proceed with your surgery this month.

Mimi

Nancy .. I am so very sorry to hear about the bites, but
    more importantly - the delay in surgery. I have been there, like so many women and it sucks big time - nothing makes sense, or makes you feel better. Just know that in time things will change and you will have the body, boobies and life you once lived.

Honestly ...

Vicki Sam
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    What are the chances?
    Dear njpost,

I'm so sorry. Seriously, what are the chances of you getting bitten by spiders the DAY BEFORE your surgery? Ugh. I cannot imagine your frustration. The expression on the baby for your avatar pretty well sums it up. What the heck?

It is a good compromise, though between the radiation onocologist and the PS. Hopefully during that time not only will the spider bites heal, but your skin will be able to heal more from the radiation and be better prepared for the exchange.

Sorry you have to wait! But it will be worth it in the end.

Blessings,
    dh
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

What are the chances?
    Dear njpost,

I'm so sorry. Seriously, what are the chances of you getting bitten by spiders the DAY BEFORE your surgery? Ugh. I cannot imagine your frustration. The expression on the baby for your avatar pretty well sums it up. What the heck?

It is a good compromise, though between the radiation onocologist and the PS. Hopefully during that time not only will the spider bites heal, but your skin will be able to heal more from the radiation and be better prepared for the exchange.

Sorry you have to wait! But it will be worth it in the end.

Blessings,
    dh

Damn those spiders!!! I am
    Damn those spiders!!! I am so sorry that you got all of the bites. I hate spiders..ewwwwwwwwww I make my poor hubby kill them like Superman when I see one. ( faster than a speeding bullet ) lol

Wishing you good luck with your surgery!

Sue :)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    According to my beau's dad....
    There are no Dutch biting spiders...

But, MAN, are there some BIG scary ones I'd rather not test that out on!!!!

Sorry for the delay, dearheart, but it does give you a bit more recovery time...take full advantage!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    KathiM said:

According to my beau's dad....
    There are no Dutch biting spiders...

But, MAN, are there some BIG scary ones I'd rather not test that out on!!!!

Sorry for the delay, dearheart, but it does give you a bit more recovery time...take full advantage!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi

UUURRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    I

UUURRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I HAAAAAATE SPIDERS!!!! ARGH!!!

same here in the UK,there's some big ones but no biting ones. Well...none that'll kill ya anyway! I think there's a wolf spider here that'll nip ya but it'd have to gat past my shoe first!! LOL

I DREAD Septenber in the Uk cus that when the spiders come indoors to make a nest and mate,I spray 'SPIDER-STOP' spray all round my house.It contains horse chestnut oil and clove oil.Done it for the last 2 years and only seen 1 or 2 spiders that whole time! =D

DEATH TO EIGHT-LEGGERS!!!!!!!