Ayse and Laurissa & Juicers

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Last Sunday, there was talk of juicers here; I got excited and went out and got a Healthmaster. And there it sits. If you guys have any recipes I would be really grateful. I get all these things for my kitchen and never use them. My family rolls their eyes when I bring in something new, so I'm determined to ....make juice!

Fruit seems easy, but veggies, I don't know what goes together. Anything simple & good you can recommend?

Thanks,
Cindy

Comments

• QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Lemonade
    My family's favorite (although I admit not the healthiest, is fresh lemonade. Use the juicer for the lemon juice, then combine 18 oz. of lemon juice, 14 oz. of sugar, and 40 oz. of water. Yum!

The lemon juice is also excellent for cooking fish and on salads.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    plenty....
    Anything green and leafy is really good cancer fighting material.

One of my favorites is:

Swiss chard, celery, broccoli stems,tomatoes and carrots. - just change
    the amounts to you flavor.

Or

spinach, cucumber,celery, apple and Lemon.

You can always add some fruit for flavor. Just go nuts, try anything green, it's FUN!
    I tried things like dandelion greens, Kale and a MUST wheat grass. Pea sprouts
    are great, nice sweet taste.

Let me know if you discover something yummy!

Ayse
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    aysemari said:

plenty....
    Anything green and leafy is really good cancer fighting material.

One of my favorites is:

Swiss chard, celery, broccoli stems,tomatoes and carrots. - just change
    the amounts to you flavor.

Or

spinach, cucumber,celery, apple and Lemon.

You can always add some fruit for flavor. Just go nuts, try anything green, it's FUN!
    I tried things like dandelion greens, Kale and a MUST wheat grass. Pea sprouts
    are great, nice sweet taste.

Let me know if you discover something yummy!

Ayse

Kinda looks like baby poop
    Must of done something wrong. Did 1 stalk kale, a bit of wheat grass, pea sprouts, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 celery and a bit of lemon. Makes me shiver to drink it.

I'm gonna have some chicken wings now.

Cindy
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Mine is sitting there too!
    Mine is sitting there too! After hours of online research I decided to get a vitamix. After making this decision Iwas talking to one of my sisters who had a vitamix she never uses so yea its mine now! I am going to buy fruits and veggies today to get started but I read about a "hair growth" promoting drink. Combine cucumber carrot and spinach. I think I will need something to sweeten that up a little but I will try anything to turn my fuzz into hair! Happy Juicing
    Kathie
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    I have the healthmaster and
    I have the healthmaster and I always add the spinach and carrots to whatever fruits I juice.. sometimes I do an apple, banana, blueberries, & strawberries. Then other times I throw in mangos, nectarines, pineapples and berries.. I just make sure to put the veggies in too.

I found this recipe on the Dr Oz website.. it is supposed to be excellent for you... I made it but couldn't drink it...

Ingredients:

•1 lemon 1/2 cup parsley,
    •chopped 1 rib of celery
    •2 big handfuls of Spinach
    •1 pince of peeled ginger
    •1 medium cucumber
    •2 apples preferred amount of ice cubes (which is of course, optional)
    This serves 1-2 people.

Have fun!
    Dot
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Got a juicer yesterday
    Went to Walmart and got a GE model, only $45. I juiced some cantaloup, skin and all. It worked well, but I won't use the skin anymore. The color of the juice was gray brown, awful looking. But I drank it. Snowkitty, put down those chicken wings. Keep trying to find something you can drink. Today I'm using carrots, cucumber, apple. I really stocked up on produce. I might try adding ginger root and garlic cloves in time. Thanks Ayse for ideas.
  • aysemari
    laurissa said:

Got a juicer yesterday
    Went to Walmart and got a GE model, only $45. I juiced some cantaloup, skin and all. It worked well, but I won't use the skin anymore. The color of the juice was gray brown, awful looking. But I drank it. Snowkitty, put down those chicken wings. Keep trying to find something you can drink. Today I'm using carrots, cucumber, apple. I really stocked up on produce. I might try adding ginger root and garlic cloves in time. Thanks Ayse for ideas.

I must admit
    my first concoction was just greens.. and I forced myself to drink it.

Then I turned it up a notch and added fruits,herbs and seasonings for flavor.

Just think how beneficial this one drink is to your body, YOU CAN DO IT.

I rather drink this then some nasty tasting medicine for not taking care
    of myself.

LAURISSA - you are welcome =)

I love to go to whole foods now, it's not that expensive if you buy your
    greens from there. Yesterday I got all types of Kale, green and red Chard
    and lots of fresh herbs- can't wait to mixem up!

Ayse
  • aysemari
    Snowkitty said:

Kinda looks like baby poop
    Must of done something wrong. Did 1 stalk kale, a bit of wheat grass, pea sprouts, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 celery and a bit of lemon. Makes me shiver to drink it.

I'm gonna have some chicken wings now.

Cindy

Haha Cindy
    You are too much! Like Laurissa said, step away from the chicken and
    think off the amazing things those enzymes in that veggie drink can
    do for you. Chicken I am afraid can not measure up!

Don't judge the juice by the cover=)

Ayse
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    cucumber and apple

with some dandelion leaves is what I have each morning. You can omitt the dandelion if you like but it is great for stimulating the bile. The cucumber is great for potassium and other minerals and the apple is again good for stimulating digestive juices.

Here are a few I like:

carrot and apple
    carrot, apple and celery.
    beet and carrots.

watermelon (the rind included if it is organic).

ginger - great for making ginger lemonade.

whatever left over veggies that are in the fridge by the end of the week with some fruit.

have fun with your juicer. I don't know what I would do without mine. I love juicing and it has been such a help thoughout this whole cancer process.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    kale crunchies - not juice but a great healthy snack.

have any of you made them? They are great. You take the Kale and remove it from the thick stem. I put either a mix of olive oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper or tahini sauce on the pieces of kale, place them on a baking tray in the oven at the lowest temperature, mine is 150 degrees with the door open it reduces it to 110, then I dehydrate them over night. It makes a great snack!

I find the oven works better like this for the dehydradtion than the dehydrator itself (I don't have a high end one) because of the amount of kale I do. I grow it in my garden so have tones of it and can't stop eating the stuff.
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87

kale crunchies - not juice but a great healthy snack.

have any of you made them? They are great. You take the Kale and remove it from the thick stem. I put either a mix of olive oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper or tahini sauce on the pieces of kale, place them on a baking tray in the oven at the lowest temperature, mine is 150 degrees with the door open it reduces it to 110, then I dehydrate them over night. It makes a great snack!

I find the oven works better like this for the dehydradtion than the dehydrator itself (I don't have a high end one) because of the amount of kale I do. I grow it in my garden so have tones of it and can't stop eating the stuff.

Juice....
    Carrot juice is the best.... add a bit of apple and it is a whole new taste.
    .... Those who don't like carrot juice will like it with the apple.

You should have received some recipes with the product...??
    I have a simple juicer but wanted to try the HealthMaster....

Take care.
  • bidi
    bidi Member Posts: 11
    Vegetable juices can be totally delicious!
    We bought a Omega Juicer about 6 weeks ago. My husband and I have been having fresh pressed juice every morning and have been feeling healthier than ever. The combination we love is as follows for about 16 oz of juice:

7-8 large carrots
    1 Granny Smith apple
    2 leaves of fresh kale

We also add teh juice of 1/2 a lime separately (not through the juicer).

This combo is totally delicious! You should try this out if you've already bought a juicer.