anniversary

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi to you all! Today is the anniversary of my left breast mastectomy last year! I had a lumpectomy before that too. I also completed chemo, rads & am home recovering from a bilateral mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction on June 14th. I am so grateful to you all for your kind words during the past year from hell. As I said my prayers this morning, I thanked God for my health and for the strength he grace me to get through this. I truly believe the key is to never give up & to reach out and ask for help when you need it. What a wonderful website this has been for me and for countless others!

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Happy Anniversary??
    I guess that's the appropriate thing to say and why not, really, since you're filled with gratitude and good energy and still here!!!

Enjoy your day,

Victoria
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Congratulations!
    On November 25, 2009 at the Moopy and Aortus abode, we celebrated the first anniversary of Mastectomy Day. Wishing you and everyone here many, many more such anniversaries - no matter what they are called!

Joe (and Moopster too)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Congratulations on the
    Congratulations on the milestone!!!! It does feel great to get further and further away from it all, doesn't it? I hope you have a celebration planned~ you deserve it! YAY!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Congratulations
    I am so happy for you sounds like you are doing great! I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Take care Kay
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    chenheart said:

Congratulations on the
    Congratulations on the milestone!!!! It does feel great to get further and further away from it all, doesn't it? I hope you have a celebration planned~ you deserve it! YAY!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Happy Anniversay .. 1 year later - did it appear that
    you would make it ? It seems like a life time ago, doesn't it?

Please celebrate in good health and spirits.

Congratulations!

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Praising God!
    Happy Anniversary and praying for many, many more to follow!!

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Aortus said:

Congratulations!
    On November 25, 2009 at the Moopy and Aortus abode, we celebrated the first anniversary of Mastectomy Day. Wishing you and everyone here many, many more such anniversaries - no matter what they are called!

Joe (and Moopster too)

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Just like everyone here, so
    Just like everyone here, so happy for you. Congrats on the 1yr. Wish you many many more wonderful healthy years to come.
    Lupe