Has anyone had the 7 day take home shots "lovenox" after surgery for blood clots?

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After surgery they gave us this take home kit of 7 shots to give in the belly once a day for blood clotting.
The nurse showed him how to use it on me and she also said it doesnt hurt.
Well the first day was a breeze...i didnt feel anything. I think i was still under enough drugs that it didnt hurt...now it brings tears to my eyes it hurts so bad. We are doing everything in the pamphlet and they say its not supose to hurt...then what are we doin wrong cuz it hurts and i have a high pain tolerence. Plus every shot is leaving a bruise.
Did anyone else experience this?

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    JoJo .. No I have not .. However,
    I am positive another sister in PINK can share.

Best of luck .. bruising, Yikes ..

Vicki Sam
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    bruising
    Mine haven't caused bruising but I was told that is normal. I feel they hurt (burn) very badly.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I was not given a take home
    I was not given a take home kit or 7 shots. I don't like shots and feel for you. Could you call the doctor and ask?
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Shots
    There will be slight bruising since this is an anti-coaugulint(sp)and yes it did burn a bit. I am famous for blood clots so don't miss shot. Take care, stay healthy.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175

Shots
    There will be slight bruising since this is an anti-coaugulint(sp)and yes it did burn a bit. I am famous for blood clots so don't miss shot. Take care, stay healthy.

They are small bruises but i
    They are small bruises but i look like a junkie with needle trails all over my belly...and yes they burn really bad even after the needle is out i still feel the burnin for about a minute.
    Well im glad im not going crazy...at least a couple of ya know what im talkin about...thankx ladies!
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    I was given 2 shots a day
    I was given 2 shots a day during the time just before and after surgery, but was not sent home with do it yourself kit. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. I hate needles gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I feel your pain. They put mine in my thighs.
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    jo jo said:

They are small bruises but i
    They are small bruises but i look like a junkie with needle trails all over my belly...and yes they burn really bad even after the needle is out i still feel the burnin for about a minute.
    Well im glad im not going crazy...at least a couple of ya know what im talkin about...thankx ladies!

oh ya!
    I didn't have to take it home but yes, it hurts and you can bruise. I'm an RN and a patient and had lovenox in the hospital last November--hate the stuff. But at least I'm still able to complain about it!

My husband had to give himself the stuff a few years ago--I'm not sure that I could.

Maureen