Clinical Trial of ABT-888

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I had my blood work done yesterday and was told I was assigned by chance Doxol and not the ABT-888 + temozolomide

As far as I know, I begin this Monday. The James Center will be calling me today with some information about Monday and I will aske for the results of my scans, muga and blood work.

Because it is a trial, I will have to adhere to the schedule even though I am on doxol (study visits WEEKLY for the first 8 weeks, etc).

I was a tad bit disappointed, but it is what it is and if doxol does not work, I do get the inhibitor.

I has been WONDERFUL to be off chemo for 3 months (even though the tumor was growing and my CA 125 was rising)!

Am not looking forward to the side effects of doxol and we all know how my blood counts go way down after one or two treatments. But I should not get ahead of myself!! Who knows this could be different, right? ☺

I have not been on much as I have been keeping busy doing all those things you want to do when you feel like it.

Love you, ladies,
Libbly

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Hi Libby
    You and Mom are in the same trial..she didn't get the PARP + ABT 888 either...but you can get it if the Doxil does not work.
  • kikiz
    kikiz Member Posts: 94
    Thank you Ladies who are
    Thank you Ladies who are having the trial. Even though you did not get what you wanted and my heart goes out to you for that, I wanted you to know that those of us that live too far or don't have transportation to Major Cancer Centers for trials appreciate those that are doing them. God bless you and although I pray everyday for all of us, I will send an extra prayer tomorrow that Monday goes well for you
    Kikiz