after surgery day two

kjrpcb
kjrpcb Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm in in bed I can't sleep so I thought I would go online and check my email. I am overwhelmed with your kind words of encouragement. Please know that your good thoughts and prayers helped me get through a really difficult day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I had my surgery on Tuesday. I was having a few difficulties with my heart rate so they kept me to monitor. I was expecting a drive by and thought I would be home the same day but at the same time I was kind of relieved that they kept me in the hospital. I'm feeling quite good thank God for drugs. I'm really not liking the drains but I can deal with it. The cowboys and cowgirls have circled the campfire. I have many people caring for me and my family bringing lots of food. After everyone was gone and the family was asleep my husband and I had a really nice conversation about life, changes and the future. I know he really doesn't understand all the medical issues but he is here and helping me and that's what I need right now. Now it's a waiting game for that path report. The waiting can really get to you. Wow this is something two posts in one week. I must be coming out of my shell. Thanks again, I'm sending prayers to all of you.

Comments

• wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    take it easy
    good to hear from you...just take it slow and easy....follow your doctors instructions...wendy
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Good to hear from you
    Love hearing that your surgery went okay and you have a good support system! And, hubby, bless him. Mates may not truly understand, but if they try to help, that's enough. Do some nice things for yourself and your cowfolk while you're caught in the waiting game, a uniquely awful time. Keep posting.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    wendybia said:

take it easy
    good to hear from you...just take it slow and easy....follow your doctors instructions...wendy

So happy to know that your
    So happy to know that your surgery is over now and you can recover at home. Just take it easy and let others wait on you, which it sounds like you certainly have a strong support group besides us.

Be sure and keep us updated! Take care!

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Good to hear from you
    Love hearing that your surgery went okay and you have a good support system! And, hubby, bless him. Mates may not truly understand, but if they try to help, that's enough. Do some nice things for yourself and your cowfolk while you're caught in the waiting game, a uniquely awful time. Keep posting.

Wonderful to have a support group rallied around
    you during this very difficult surgery. I am hoping thea your vitals return to normal, and you can resume your routine. As for the drains .. Yes .. this suck, hurt and remind you that surgery was just a few days ago. Can't wait to get them out, or have a real shower .. Good times!

Bless your husband, take him by the arm and walk him slowly thru this journey .. Sounds like he is there for you .. but does not know what direction to step in.

Vicki Sam
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Just know somewhere out there
    I am healing along with you. I am glad you have your hubby and friends to support
    you. I found surprisingly my phone never stopped ringing and friends have been by
    with food and movies and even a fan. I feel good to be over this big obstacle? I haven't
    shed one tear and am very happy with my choice. How about you?

Ayse
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    aysemari said:

Just know somewhere out there
    I am healing along with you. I am glad you have your hubby and friends to support
    you. I found surprisingly my phone never stopped ringing and friends have been by
    with food and movies and even a fan. I feel good to be over this big obstacle? I haven't
    shed one tear and am very happy with my choice. How about you?

Ayse

Hi
    so glad you're picking up

Hi

so glad you're picking up a little. Its a tough time and yes,waiting is the worst part.Even if you're hubby doesn't fully know what to do,just being there and talking to you like you are a human being,and not like a cancer patient,is enough.

Good luck on your journey and we are all here for you.=)

Kay
  • lou26573
    lou26573 Member Posts: 9
    Good Vibes sent to you, I
    Good Vibes sent to you, I hope you are feeling better by today.