My photo has been flagged!!!!

m-star
m-star Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I cant believe this! I posted a photo on the expressions board yesterday of how my Tissue Expanders look now i have had my final fill.

I am wearing a vest top so i am not naked!!!! And someone has gone and flagged it!!

I am very upset that someone would do this. It was purely to show women who are going through the same thing (or are about to) that even through the expansion process,its possible for things to look pretty normal and you may be able to still wear normal clothes.

I was having a bit of a joke with the "Pamela Anderson eat your heart out" comment that accompanied it,but its cus they feel huge and fake.

Tell me.....is it an offensive,crude picture?? I really would appreciate your feedback ladies.

Thank you =)

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I see nothing wrong with it.
    I see nothing wrong with it. I also liked your youtube vids. Yea eat ur heart out Pamela.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Katz77 said:

I see nothing wrong with it.
    I see nothing wrong with it. I also liked your youtube vids. Yea eat ur heart out Pamela.

I can't imagine flagging the pix
    You look absolutely great. It could be possible that page jumped and someone accidentally did that. I have "moused over" and clicked too fast on occasion.

Cindy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Absolutely not, m-star
    There's nothing wrong with your picture, m-star.

I'm going to (be a little naive, maybe and) guess that someone may have hit "flag" accidentally -- we do get a lot of people here who've never been on a board/forum before, and don't always know the terminology or have the best computer skills.

And I'm reminded of some months back (might have been before you joined), when chenheart accidentally flagged HER OWN post! We all laughed for days over that. If she can make that mistake, I think anyone can!

Traci
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I think
    I think your picture looks great. Good for you! Definitely not offensive in any manner so I have no idea why someone would flag it.

My 2 year old granddaughter was at my house the other day and I was wearing my camisole with the cotton inserts. She was evidently touching my breast area and I didn't feel it. lol

Char
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Nothing Objectionable!
    I'm guessing that the flag was a mistake. You look beautiful. xoxoxo Lynn
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Sorry someone flagged it
    I certainly took it as simply showing women that after a mastectomy, there IS hope for normalcy in reconstruction.

Hopefully no one found THAT offensive. As mentioned, maybe is was flagged by accident.

I think you look great and I'm sure it DID give others hope :)

Blessings to you!

Sylvia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sea60 said:

Sorry someone flagged it
    I certainly took it as simply showing women that after a mastectomy, there IS hope for normalcy in reconstruction.

Hopefully no one found THAT offensive. As mentioned, maybe is was flagged by accident.

I think you look great and I'm sure it DID give others hope :)

Blessings to you!

Sylvia

Sylvia along with all other posting have said it
    Flagged by mistake .. Any women faced with undergoing a bi-lateral mastectomy .. needs hope and actual photo's to see that at the end of reconstructive surgery .. normalcy can be acheived ..

Not offensive -

Vicki Sam
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    VickiSam said:

Sylvia along with all other posting have said it
    Flagged by mistake .. Any women faced with undergoing a bi-lateral mastectomy .. needs hope and actual photo's to see that at the end of reconstructive surgery .. normalcy can be acheived ..

Not offensive -

Vicki Sam

Thanks
    M star,

Your posts and photos have always been helpful. I am a few steps behind you. Your exercise posts and photos have helped me (feel somewhat normal).

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for your support during your own journey.
    ** Cancer is insane. If we all can support each other.... in hopes of restoring our sanity, more power to us all...

I think my implants (my rocks) look fake... It's like I have a little shelf. It is so reassuring to hear from everyone else (including photos) that we are not alone.

Thanks
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Sally5 said:

Thanks
    M star,

Your posts and photos have always been helpful. I am a few steps behind you. Your exercise posts and photos have helped me (feel somewhat normal).

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for your support during your own journey.
    ** Cancer is insane. If we all can support each other.... in hopes of restoring our sanity, more power to us all...

I think my implants (my rocks) look fake... It's like I have a little shelf. It is so reassuring to hear from everyone else (including photos) that we are not alone.

Thanks

I think you look
    I think you look fantastic....if someone flagged it, then they are missing the point....don't worry about it!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    m-star is ready for her close-up! LOL
    I did NOT flag your picture, but Traci is right~ once I flagged one of my own posts! My first thought was also like Traci's; that it was done mistakenly, and once it's flagged, I don't think there is an "unflagged" button!

It is hard to imagine anyone being offended by your picture~ after all, this is a BC discussion board, not a knitting site or an ABBA fan club! Since my dx, I know I have lost all semblance of modesty. No struggling to tie and hold some flimsy gown while the mammo tech readies the machine! Nope, I am now just "nekkid" from the waist up with nothing to hide! Who needs the gown??

On the off off off chance that, being that this is indeed the Internet, and ya just never know who is affected by what at any give moment in time, well, one in a million might have been "shocked". But that would be the exception and not the rule.

I know your heart is in the right place,that's why you posted the pictures. I don't think you should lose any sleep over being flagged! I know I find CANCER incredibly offensive~ I wish we could all push a button saying we are offended by it! Flagging cancer~ let's all do that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • m-star
    chenheart said:

m-star is ready for her close-up! LOL
    I did NOT flag your picture, but Traci is right~ once I flagged one of my own posts! My first thought was also like Traci's; that it was done mistakenly, and once it's flagged, I don't think there is an "unflagged" button!

It is hard to imagine anyone being offended by your picture~ after all, this is a BC discussion board, not a knitting site or an ABBA fan club! Since my dx, I know I have lost all semblance of modesty. No struggling to tie and hold some flimsy gown while the mammo tech readies the machine! Nope, I am now just "nekkid" from the waist up with nothing to hide! Who needs the gown??

On the off off off chance that, being that this is indeed the Internet, and ya just never know who is affected by what at any give moment in time, well, one in a million might have been "shocked". But that would be the exception and not the rule.

I know your heart is in the right place,that's why you posted the pictures. I don't think you should lose any sleep over being flagged! I know I find CANCER incredibly offensive~ I wish we could all push a button saying we are offended by it! Flagging cancer~ let's all do that!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

LOL!!!!!!!
    Thankyou all

LOL!!!!!!!

Thankyou all SOOOOO much for your support!! It means more than you know!
    (Chenheart~i cant believe you flagged your own post one tome!!! ha ha ha!!!!!) classic!

Its so nice to hear i may have helped even just ONE lady with any of my posts/pics/videos! It has all been worth it then =)

I guess i too have lost all my inhibitions if you like. I don't bother who see's my naked torso anymore either Chen! No room for modesty any more,like you say!

But thank you all so much for replying to this thread It has helped ease my mind some. I just really didn't think it would cause offence to anyone. I have posted pics of my reonstruction right the way through from 4 days post-op to the present day on a private BC pic forum.

just you wait til i get my exchange surgery in a couple of months! ha ha
  • m-star
    m-star said:

LOL!!!!!!!
    Thankyou all

LOL!!!!!!!

(Chenheart~i cant believe you flagged your own post one tome!!! ha ha ha!!!!!) classic!

Its so nice to hear i may have helped even just ONE lady with any of my posts/pics/videos! It has all been worth it then =)

I guess i too have lost all my inhibitions if you like. I don't bother who see's my naked torso anymore either Chen! No room for modesty any more,like you say!

But thank you all so much for replying to this thread It has helped ease my mind some. I just really didn't think it would cause offence to anyone. I have posted pics of my reonstruction right the way through from 4 days post-op to the present day on a private BC pic forum.

PS.
    Sally~yes i have

PS.

Sally~yes i have "shelf-foobs" also! Comes in handy at times!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Absolutely NOT offensive
    It must have been a mistake. This is a breast cancer group, you had breast reconstruction, many women in this group are facing that. How could anyone be offended seeing what reconstruction looks like?
    Thank you for posting the picture!

Suzanne
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I agree with everyone...
    It MUST have been a mistake!!

I am so THRILLED for you, they look GREAT!!!! Just another way to say "In your face, beast...you aren't ruining MY life!!!"

(Hummmm, should I mention that my opinion should be taking with a grain of salt..dancing on a bar and leaving my bra in Nashville, TN....sitting sans top in Spain...I AM a hussy!!! AND VERY PROUD OF IT!!!!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Absolutely beautiful!!
    You've been through a lot to get to this stage and I personally think whoever flagged the photo is just a wee bit jealous (he he).
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Absolutely beautiful!!
    You've been through a lot to get to this stage and I personally think whoever flagged the photo is just a wee bit jealous (he he).

Well, good grief!
    Whoever "flagged" your photo, and just assuming MEANT it, is really not thinking, and should NOT be watching tv! Since reply and report are side by side, then it very well could have been a slip of the wrist. Add my vote as one who thinks you look mah-velous, dahling! Not at all offensive! Myturn's right....they are jealous!
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    survives said:

Well, good grief!
    Whoever "flagged" your photo, and just assuming MEANT it, is really not thinking, and should NOT be watching tv! Since reply and report are side by side, then it very well could have been a slip of the wrist. Add my vote as one who thinks you look mah-velous, dahling! Not at all offensive! Myturn's right....they are jealous!

There is absolutely nothing

There is absolutely nothing offensive about the picture: it must have been a mistake!

Joyce
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    You look great!
    It had to be a mistake. That picture is great.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    m-star said:

LOL!!!!!!!
    Thankyou all

LOL!!!!!!!

I have an idea~ maybe
    I have an idea~ maybe someone was offended that THEY don't have such awesome boobs (hey...now that I think of it, that describes ME!) or...they knew if they hit that button it would say "flagged"~ and they were really just trying to raise a Flag or a Banner in your honor!

That's my story and I'm sticking with it! LOL LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Don't worry about it
    You're looking hot, sister! And yes, Pam Anderson, look out!

I wouldn't worry about being flagged b/c of what has already been said.

I know you were scared you couldn't get there, but you look great, M-star. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! :))