Hair by chemo

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be starting chemo next week. So I have been looking for scarves and other head coverings. Any suggestions of where to find stylish head coverings?

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    There are some great scarves out there
    I got most of mine from www.headcovers.com. They have all types along with hats, turbans, etc. They're pretty reasonable and have sales sometimes. Good luck with the chemo. I had six rounds of TAC and did pretty well with minimal side effects. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi tjjohnson2310
    I just bumped up my previous post "HELPFUL WEBSITES". There are a few places mentioned on there where you can buy head coverings. Plus a few that offer free hat/scarves for chemo patients. The free hats do take awhile. Hope this helps.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Your local American Cancer
    Your local American Cancer Society may have some free ones. The one here has some that other survivors have donated. They clean them and have people who can advise on how to put on a wig, etc. You can also go through the ACS website to order a free catalog from TLC, which offers many supplies for cancer survivors, including wigs and head coverings. They have a lot, and it's nice, but may not be the cheapest way to go. Your local ACS can also get you in touch with a support group called "Look good, feel better" where you can meet with other survivors and get hints on how to use makeup (often have free samples) and other tips. I found hats and scarves at Wal-Mart and thrift stores too.

Take care, seof