I hate hormones

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok just got through my second funk. Like PMS x1000. hated everything and everyone. husband ticked me off and I was (legitimatly soooo mad) but after 26 years it was like that Mad? come on. so I was tired and took a nap and woke up fine. Just like that! after a week. I am on tamoxifen and went into chemopause. All this reminds me of PMS good grief sometimes I think I'm going nuts!!!!!

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    You feel like you are going nuts
    but you really arent. I am on tamoxifen and just had a total hysterectomy almost six weeks ago. Between the mood swings, being mad as heck or crying like a baby the next moment. Then the hot flashes and night sweats!! I know exactly how you feel. Im only 37 and i hope to god i dont have this for years!!

Take care
    laura
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    lolad said:

You feel like you are going nuts
    but you really arent. I am on tamoxifen and just had a total hysterectomy almost six weeks ago. Between the mood swings, being mad as heck or crying like a baby the next moment. Then the hot flashes and night sweats!! I know exactly how you feel. Im only 37 and i hope to god i dont have this for years!!

Take care
    laura

Tamoxifen....
    Hi,

I've been on it for 2 weeks... I am not sleeping but that could be from the tissue expanders. I am feeling something different in my legs...

Laura.. Can I ask? Did your drs. recommend a hysterctomy? I am concerned about the effects of the tamoxifen and I have a list of new things to be paranoid about. Don't get me started...

Thanks,
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Sally5 said:

Tamoxifen....
    Hi,

I've been on it for 2 weeks... I am not sleeping but that could be from the tissue expanders. I am feeling something different in my legs...

Laura.. Can I ask? Did your drs. recommend a hysterctomy? I am concerned about the effects of the tamoxifen and I have a list of new things to be paranoid about. Don't get me started...

Thanks,

Chiming in
    Sally, I'm getting a oophorectomy (uterus and ovaries) soon, mainly because my bc is estrogen-driven and likely is hereditary, making ovarian cancer a risk. I'll start Tamoxifen after surgery and I'm glad to not worry after its possible effects on uterus, too.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    I agree with Laura, no you
    I agree with Laura, no you are not nuts, if you were then we are all nuts, cause we all are going thru the same things. Also I'm with Sally on being paranoid and very afraid of the Tamoxifen side of effects.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Pinkpower said:

I agree with Laura, no you
    I agree with Laura, no you are not nuts, if you were then we are all nuts, cause we all are going thru the same things. Also I'm with Sally on being paranoid and very afraid of the Tamoxifen side of effects.

I opted not to do anything more after chemo
    I had mastectomy and 4 rounds of chemo. Tested as a poor metabolizer of tamoxifen, a second onconogist advised me to have ovaries out and go on arimidex. After doing some research and finding out that taking your ovaries out can cause osteoporosis and heart problems and then all of the side effects of the arimidex with leg cramps among other things, I decided that since my bc was stage 1 and no nodes nor family history that I chose not to do anymore. My quality of life is a priority. If I was stage 3 or 4 then I probably would do whatever they told me but I feel I have choices being stage 1. I have though drastically changed my diet to vegetables and fruit mainly and no dairy or sugar. I feel fantastic and have lost 11 pounds! Be blessed and do what your heart tells you.
    Lorrie
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Balentine said:

I opted not to do anything more after chemo
    I had mastectomy and 4 rounds of chemo. Tested as a poor metabolizer of tamoxifen, a second onconogist advised me to have ovaries out and go on arimidex. After doing some research and finding out that taking your ovaries out can cause osteoporosis and heart problems and then all of the side effects of the arimidex with leg cramps among other things, I decided that since my bc was stage 1 and no nodes nor family history that I chose not to do anymore. My quality of life is a priority. If I was stage 3 or 4 then I probably would do whatever they told me but I feel I have choices being stage 1. I have though drastically changed my diet to vegetables and fruit mainly and no dairy or sugar. I feel fantastic and have lost 11 pounds! Be blessed and do what your heart tells you.
    Lorrie

what??
    You don't enjoy alternating between rage and despair and having no control over how you feel or react????

Neither do I:)

Victoria
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    aisling8 said:

what??
    You don't enjoy alternating between rage and despair and having no control over how you feel or react????

Neither do I:)

Victoria

I know I MUST be crazy!LOL

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

carkris ... and christineL ... AM I CRAZY ....
    oophorectomy ... having my first cup of coffee .. 7:11 a.m. here in CALIFORNIA .. hot .. muggy weather .. and all I see or can fix my eyes on is ... the term of your surgery ..

oop hore ectomy .. My translation oop **** tme

Funny -- right?

Vicki